Half-Assed GDT: Blues Nucks: Hockey After Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Is he from Vancouver?

Nice place, a few stupid fans
Vancouver fans are on par with Leaf fans IMO. That is why its amusing to watch them choke every spring (Well, like every 5 years or so for Vancouver as they stink usually).

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
This Neighbours coming out party has been really fun to watch. Beginning of the year he seemed to just be a body out there, but every game recently he finds the soft areas of the ice, makes plays, and gets the little details right. Neighbours has way more skill than Jaskin ever had so I don't believe he will regress hard, but I am curious to see Jake's progression next year.
Disagree about Neighbours having more skill, but he certainly has a bigger drive and much better skating. Jaskin had a lot of skill you couldn’t see because he was always behind the play.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Disagree about Neighbours having more skill, but he certainly has a bigger drive and much better skating. Jaskin had a lot of skill you couldn’t see because he was always behind the play.
Maybe the exaggeration of "way more skill" is the wrong statement to make, but I think it's clear in the way Jake plays that he is more skilled than Jaskin at the same age. I think his stickhandling is better, obviously speed, IQ is probably higher. Jaskin had the benefit of being a massive dude who was incredibly difficult to knock off the puck, but when given time to get off a shot it was always a muffin or right into the chest of the goalie. Jake seems to find the soft areas and rip pucks quickly which Jaskin never could do. It could be a consequence of team composition, but I personally believe Jake is the better player at the same age.

I guess I would say that in general, skill is having the ability to use your tools at the highest level and perform, to which Jake's motor, skating, IQ, and puck skills are being utilized much better and consistently than Jaskin's were. I hope that sentence made sense lmao

Reactions: Cotton McKnight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad