OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Let's ignore the fact that Dizee got a prediction wrong, I mean that isn't exactly news. Is anyone else surprised that he is a 70+ year old grandmother, as evidenced by his use of the word "toodaloo"? I looked up the definition online, and it literally said "the way old ladies say goodbye".
It's a reference to Negan ala his avatar.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
how did i get the prediction wrong? you really think the scrubs are gonna win 4 in a row? LMAO

kershaw goes tonight

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
how did i get the prediction wrong? you really think the scrubs are gonna win 4 in a row? LMAO

kershaw goes tonight

Your comment "toodaloo cubs" was made at 9:30 pm, towards the back end of game 4. That pretty obviously implies you were saying they would blow that game last night. If you meant "toodaloo cubs" in terms of them being screwed in the series, wouldn't you have said that right after game 3 when they went down 3-0? Why would you save a prediction of them being done in the series until the end of game 4 when their bullpen came in (and were winning)?

It's hard not to enjoy when people call you out for this stuff when you try to defend predictions as if you 1) did not make that prediction 2) it was just for fun, thus, does not count or 3) someone's misconstruing your words.

At the time you made that comment, it was pretty clear you were making an implied prediction that the cubs would lose that game. They didn't, hence someone saying your "prediction" was wrong.

Honestly, I didn't read the original comment as a prediction but some people did/may have and based on what I said above, I can see how they got there.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Your comment "toodaloo cubs" was made at 9:30 pm, towards the back end of game 4. That pretty obviously implies you were saying they would blow that game last night. If you meant "toodaloo cubs" in terms of them being screwed in the series, wouldn't you have said that right after game 3 when they went down 3-0? Why would you save a prediction of them being done in the series until the end of game 4 when their bullpen came in (and were winning)?

It's hard not to enjoy when people call you out for this stuff when you try to defend predictions as if you 1) did not make that prediction 2) it was just for fun, thus, does not count or 3) someone's misconstruing your words.

At the time you made that comment, it was pretty clear you were making an implied prediction that the cubs would lose that game. They didn't, hence someone saying your "prediction" was wrong.

Honestly, I didn't read the original comment as a prediction but some people did/may have and based on what I said above, I can see how they got there.
yes yes the haters are still living in a fantasy world.

BTW HATERS if you want to see my prediction, you dont have to look very far

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/136683357/

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Hmmm, I've seen every ep and read some of the comics. I don't remember him saying "Toodaloo", but ok. I still like my theory better that he is a 78-year old woman whose grandchildren never call so she likes to cosplay as Neegan and gets way too into it.
It's a pretty famous scene from the comic, after a baseball bat inflicted death scene.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
ok haters, you can apologize when you get the chance.

Congrats to the dodgerS!!!

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
we ave already been thru this majority, why you keep repeating yourself is beyond me. ASLONG AS THE TEAM I PICK WINS, ITS A WIN. the games pick is just a estimate of how convincing the win would be. if the scrubs didnt choke in game 2, it probably would have been 6.

so again ANOTHER WIN for me (although i really care less about this prediction as its between 2 terrible teams that idc about).

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
we ave already been thru this majority, why you keep repeating yourself is beyond me. ASLONG AS THE TEAM I PICK WINS, ITS A WIN. the games pick is just a estimate of how convincing the win would be. if the scrubs didnt choke in game 2, it probably would have been 6.

so again ANOTHER WIN for me (although i really care less about this prediction as its between 2 terrible teams that idc about).

0 for 3. Your prediction on what is a win is totally wrong.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
no 1/1, a win is a win.

cg to the dodgers though and lets all hope hou can win because a NY-LA world series will be unbearable.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
no 1/1, a win is a win.

cg to the dodgers though and lets all hope hou can win because a NY-LA world series will be unbearable.

Now this I do agree with, NY-LA would be unbearable in the media. I’m really pulling for Houston to come back and win the whole damn thing. I don’t want any team from LA winning squat.

Amberelise

May 8, 2010
Chi-town
Are there any other folks that live in Chicago?

Last week my boyfriend and I went to Sedgewick's the local Cardinals/Blues bar to watch the Blues game. It was euchre night, so while they did play the Blues game for us, they did not play sound - that was reserved for 90s music.

About ten minutes in we noticed all of the StL Cardinals items were taken off the walls. Other decorations were up including MSU Spartans memorabilia and Mizzou items. We asked if they were no longer a Cards/Blues bar. We were assured they were, but that they were painting the bar soon, so they took all of the items down. (Again, other things were on the walls, only the StL items were taken down.)

We left a Yelp review on this, to which they promptly responded with the "redecorating" story.

Then we noticed on their Facebook page they posted a video of Cubs fans cheering the previous week when they made it to the NLCS and how they were hoping to cheer again soon. We each left comments that we noticed it was convenient for the Cards gear to come down during the Cubs playoffs run and then to see them celebrating the Cubs. Both of our comments were deleted.

Look. I get that they're trying to run a business and they want Cubs' fans money. But, I don't appreciate the lies and the removal of our comments stating the facts. And, it's obvious the owner isn't actually a die hard StL fan, but instead looking to bilk StL fans of their money as the only designated StL bar in Chicago.

So, with that said, where else can we watch Blues games other than Sedgewick's?

Reactions: Lord Helix

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
I live in Chicago (sadly) and that is obnoxious. I haven't been to Sedgewick's since 2014 but was not much of a fan in the past, either.

It's fantastic that the Cubs are done, though. Glad to get all those clowns off of my red line commute.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I live in Chicago (sadly) and that is obnoxious. I haven't been to Sedgewick's since 2014 but was not much of a fan in the past, either.

It's fantastic that the Cubs are done, though. Glad to get all those clowns off of my red line commute.
I hate Cubs games because the red line fills up. It’s annoying as hell since half the people don’t understand their route or L behavior.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Are there any other folks that live in Chicago?

Last week my boyfriend and I went to Sedgewick's the local Cardinals/Blues bar to watch the Blues game. It was euchre night, so while they did play the Blues game for us, they did not play sound - that was reserved for 90s music.

About ten minutes in we noticed all of the StL Cardinals items were taken off the walls. Other decorations were up including MSU Spartans memorabilia and Mizzou items. We asked if they were no longer a Cards/Blues bar. We were assured they were, but that they were painting the bar soon, so they took all of the items down. (Again, other things were on the walls, only the StL items were taken down.)

We left a Yelp review on this, to which they promptly responded with the "redecorating" story.

Then we noticed on their Facebook page they posted a video of Cubs fans cheering the previous week when they made it to the NLCS and how they were hoping to cheer again soon. We each left comments that we noticed it was convenient for the Cards gear to come down during the Cubs playoffs run and then to see them celebrating the Cubs. Both of our comments were deleted.

Look. I get that they're trying to run a business and they want Cubs' fans money. But, I don't appreciate the lies and the removal of our comments stating the facts. And, it's obvious the owner isn't actually a die hard StL fan, but instead looking to bilk StL fans of their money as the only designated StL bar in Chicago.

So, with that said, where else can we watch Blues games other than Sedgewick's?
I haven’t made an effort to find an STL bar. I watch games at home. The bar scene really isn’t my thing anymore. If I hear of anything I will be sure to share.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Anybody else remember Patsy Gallant? Yeah I'm showing my age. (sigh) I'll let myself out ... :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad