OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
It's absolutely horrible at times. Like, I have a decent PC (I5-4690k OC to 4.2, 1060 6GB, 16GB RAM) and I can usually run multiple things at once no problems. But if I'm only running this site in the browser it crashes, or slows to a crawl where I have to exit and reenter the site, not to mention having to log in multiple times because it keeps logging me out, even with the "Keep me logged in" checked.
Clear cookies and cache, restart browser, log back in with remember me checked.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Well, HFBoards just tried to force my pc to download something. Looks like I might take a break from the site until this is fixed....

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
That's not HFBoards...
"This site has tried downloading something"

This was on the right side of my URL bar, as well on the bottom of my page, I only had 2 pages open, This and FoxSportsGo. I wouldn't make up something like this if it didn't truly happen.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015

This was on the right side of my URL bar, as well on the bottom of my page, I only had 2 pages open, This and FoxSportsGo. I wouldn't make up something like this if it didn't truly happen.

I believe you, last year my antivirus caught the adservice trying to download a malicious file. Whatever company HFBoards uses is not always clean.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ

There's nothing on HFBoards that will attempt to download anything to your computer. It's possible your computer might have some malware on it that's disrupting things, or there might be some sort of antivirus conflict (we've received no reports of anyone else having this issue), but whatever is happening isn't because of something cooked into HFBoards.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I believe you, last year my antivirus caught the adservice trying to download a malicious file. Whatever company HFBoards uses is not always clean.
If someone puts in a bad add (those are handled by a marketing department, not HF staff), that's usually caught (and removed) pretty quickly because it generates a lot of complaints.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no current complaints about any malicious adds.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
USMNT failed to qualify for the World Cup for the first time in 3 decades. Turns out all those midfielders and defenders who complained about Jurgen Klinsmann's tactics couldn't defend or complete easy passes in a different system either.

Reactions: PiggySmalls

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Who would’ve thought trotting out the same core team who was washed up 4 years ago wouldn’t find success? It’s easy to point to this singular loss (to Trinidad and Tobago ffs) as why the USMNT didn’t get in, but this is why they didn’t - 3 wins 3 draws 4 losses. That’s pathetic. Total house cleaning is in order.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Who would’ve thought trotting out the same core team who was washed up 4 years ago wouldn’t find success? It’s easy to point to this singular loss (to Trinidad and Tobago ffs) as why the USMNT didn’t get in, but this is why they didn’t - 3 wins 3 draws 4 losses. That’s pathetic. Total house cleaning is in order.

Yeah, there are plenty of structural issues the US has with soccer development, but this team was past their prime.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The issue is that the 25-29 generation is terrible for the United States and that period was terrible developmentally. They redid the developmental structure, but it takes time. That required a reliance on young players (Pulisic, Wood, Arriola, Yedlin) or old players (Bradley, Dempsey, the defense/goalies). That's not what you want. The upside for USA? The young players are good. Pulisic can be a star. Miazga/Brooks/CCV/EPB should provide at least two high quality CBs. Yedlin is really starting to develop. Wood is a good striker. Horvath/Gonzalez are solid keepers. There are a ton of other young players starting to show up in Europe (Sargent, McKennie, Gooch, Perez, Hyndman, Zelalem, Wright, Weah). The future, even given this hiccup, is bright.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
http://amp.si.com/soccer/2017/10/16/columbus-crew-austin-texas-anthony-precourt-stadium

This is a shame. First soccer specific stadium in the league, and now probably leaving the city 20 years later.

Such garbage, trying to hook taxpayers with a new stadium when then old one cant even buy beer yet.

Im happier and happier that St. Louis didnt fund the stadium (I was always against it), soccer is no doubt getting more popular, but Im far from sold that MLS will ever be a competitive league.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
Such garbage, trying to hook taxpayers with a new stadium when then old one cant even buy beer yet.

Im happier and happier that St. Louis didnt fund the stadium (I was always against it), soccer is no doubt getting more popular, but Im far from sold that MLS will ever be a competitive league.

Reading up on this made me angry for The Crew fans. The Crew owner is an out of towner who has ties to Austin. He bought them for 68 million (compared to the league expansion fee of 150 that St. Louis needed to get in), then signs a TV deal that is exclusive to a single cable provider (imagine if the Blues could only be seen on just charter or just a dish provider) and creates a 70 something mile blackout policy for home and away games for alternative online MLS branded streaming sites, suggests to fans they change providers as a solution, and puts out a bad product. Attendance stays steady but not as high as others and he still blames fans for not supporting enough. Then after season ticket renewals go in for next season, he announced he's moving the season after next.

Any St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers, or Seattle Super Sonics fans should empathize with the Crew fans.

I wanted a team in St. Louis, but I thought MLS was beyond NFLish corruption.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Reading up on this made me angry for The Crew fans. The Crew owner is an out of towner who has ties to Austin. He bought them for 68 million (compared to the league expansion fee of 150 that St. Louis needed to get in), then signs a TV deal that is exclusive to a single cable provider (imagine if the Blues could only be seen on just charter or just a dish provider) and creates a 70 something mile blackout policy for home and away games for alternative online MLS branded streaming sites, suggests to fans they change providers as a solution, and puts out a bad product. Attendance stays steady but not as high as others and he still blames fans for not supporting enough. Then after season ticket renewals go in for next season, he announced he's moving the season after next.

Any St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers, or Seattle Super Sonics fans should empathize with the Crew fans.

I wanted a team in St. Louis, but I thought MLS was beyond NFLish corruption.

Yeah, I was against public funding (from the city only at least), but I thought it would have done well in St. Louis. I would have certainly caught some Soulard buses down to the game.

But there is a lot of evidence that this round of expansion is a cash grab for the current owners, their franchise expansion fees are based more on rosy growth projections and less on current revenues. Watering the league down with 4 more teams isnt going to help it close the talent gap with Euro leagues.

But these owners dont become rich by running charities, dont be surprised that these guys will pull this shit for tens of millions worth of considerations from local governments. Remember how quickly the St. Louis ownership group went from asking $60m to $40m and how the stadium went from $200m to $150? That is a huge ask (and jump) considering the total investment (stadium+expansion fees) ended up less than $300m. Never trust these guys.

And say whatever you will about Kroenke, but at the very least he never said a word about wanting to stay in St. Louis. This guy is the real POS though holding the team hostage.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Let's ignore the fact that Dizee got a prediction wrong, I mean that isn't exactly news. Is anyone else surprised that he is a 70+ year old grandmother, as evidenced by his use of the word "toodaloo"? I looked up the definition online, and it literally said "the way old ladies say goodbye".

Reactions: MissouriMook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->