OT: Blue Jays/MLB Thread 2023

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

The dude got paid a billion to pitch a ball?

Only to hit a ball next year. Jays got used to pump up the price, sorry for all the Jays fans here, but social media was unbearable yesterday with the chest pumping coming out of TO.

Jeez basically 1 billion Canadian. He would have had all of Canada behind him here and a good private life I think.
Yesterday was a good trial balloon into why that would not happen. His life would likely have been the complete opposite of private. Much easier to blend in in LA.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Takes some interest away from sports. Okay, a lot of interest.

Turns out Ohtani didn't have a firm enough handshake to make the Toronto team. Nothing that would garner enough respect.
Funny thing, it's only an hour's drive between the Angels stadium and Dodgers stadium. He doesn't even need to move vs moving to a new country, new home, etc. He probably saw the housing market in T-O and thought "I'm good where I'm at." :laugh:

Ohtani is a once in a lifetime talent but baseball is a sport where one guy cannot win you a championship.

Reactions: bellagiobob

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I sincerely apologize to the true Blue Jays fans in here....

BUUUUUUTTTTTT there is a massive amount of Leafs fans that are also Jays fans and to all the media fartsniffers at TSN and Sportsnet I give you all a massive:

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" in your general direction.

Cagey B

Jul 21, 2021
HAHAHAHAHAA good job Toronto Media... showed Otani how toxic you are with the flight tracker BS etc. Just like every NHL'er wants to play for the Leafs.. now the Jay have lost out on Soto and otani .. hahahaha. Guess its back to the 3rd teir scrubs....

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I sincerely apologize to the true Blue Jays fans in here....

BUUUUUUTTTTTT there is a massive amount of Leafs fans that are also Jays fans and to all the media fartsniffers at TSN and Sportsnet I give you all a massive:

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" in your general direction.
I feel the same. If it's good for leafs fans it's bad for me.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I feel at some point the pendulum will swing back. Sports are out of f***ing control. See that baseball scene in Interstellar for what I think will happen. Scholars will study this period in history and laugh at what athletes made.
I've never seen that one, will have to add it to the watch list.

Reactions: TB12

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
On one hand the lack of salary cap is interesting because low budget teams can be competitive. But on the hand, the discrepancy between team salary is just kind of dumb. Kind of a joke.
Yeah there are basically teams that are forever non-competitive, except for a handful of like good years, basically.

Reactions: bellagiobob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
How long before Toronto media puts out articles stating "how much respect Ohtani showed Toronto" as he soundly rejected them?

"You could see in his eyes how much he respects the Blue Jays as he told them 'f*** no, I won't sign with you. I just used you to get more money from the Dodgers'"
And Rogers will still jack up prices by 20% next year, because they tried hard.

• Haha
Reactions: Stoneman89 and TB12

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
All of that Toronto hype and he signs with the Dodgers. As a baseball fan with no dog in this fight, that absolutely sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad