<Blank> makes you mad at the gym (or working out at home)

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Sign up with a martial arts gym and some time later you can go Yuri Boyka on their ass.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Sign up with a martial arts gym and some time later you can go Yuri Boyka on their ass.

Honestly, as big as he was, he was only like 5"6 lol.

I'm sure I could have given him a run for his money. This is a street fight after all. I'd be going after his kneecaps and groun with kicks and I'd be throwing straight headbutts at his face.

That said, I'm not at the gym to fight lol. So I just reported him to the managers and they filed a report to head office.

All this because I asked the guys to take the final plate off the hammer strength machine lmao

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Ehhh, it's kind of sort of almost an unwritten code to leave a plate on (if you're doing more than that). That never bothered me.

I always leave a plate on when doing deadlifts. Sue me.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
there is zero reason some lady should have to come over and take 45 pound plates off of a hammer strength machine when she wants to use them. I see older women using 10-20bs on those all the time in the mornings...

This isn't some university gym, we get lots of seniors and newbies who are quite weak.

Quite inconsiderate.

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
there is zero reason some lady should have to come over and take 45 pound plates off of a hammer strength machine when she wants to use them. I see older women using 10-20bs on those all the time in the mornings...

This isn't some university gym, we get lots of seniors and newbies who are quite weak.

Quite inconsiderate.
Couldn't agree more.

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
So Buddy then decided to ask me to take it outside so we could settle it!!! Felt somewhat threatened which is why I logged a formal complaint which is being sent to their district managers office.

Hoping the guy gets his membership revoked (doubt he will)

Awwww, how come the meatheads I see in the gym never ask me to go outside :(

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007

Quite inconsiderate.
I haven't seen an older woman at my 24 Hour gym ever, at least not in the weights area. I guess it's different here.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I haven't seen an older woman at my 24 Hour gym ever, at least not in the weights area. I guess it's different here.

Of all the people in the gym right now, I'd guess maybe 15% would use a plate on any of the various hammer strength machines we have.

The demographics of your gym must just be different. Btw, it's not just the older ladies who have issues. Younger women, older men, newbies to working out, younger kids, people rehabbing injuries etc. They all also have problems moving around 45 pound plates

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
This guy I work with has been talking to me about that place, I've been meaning to check that place out some weekend. Bit of a trip for me to go to regularly (20+ miles away), but it looks great.

Almost like a Midwest version f CT Fletcher's Iron Addicts Gym in Long Beach.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
I'm not sure but clearly too many guys at my gym have been watching the Olympic weightlifting competitions as they are dropping weights which is against the rules at my gym.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Summer time at the pool sucks. My gym has an indoor pool with about 6 lanes, and 8 in the outdoor pool with a leisure section as well connected to it. I prefer to swim outdoors.

What sucks is during the summer there are a bunch of summer camps at the gym.... Where the kids get to hang at the pool for a while. The other day they ran me out of a lane in the outdoor pool. I just couldn't do it anymore. So annoying. Kids just everywhere jumping in or swimming across any lane at any given time even if you're in the lane. Don't get how their counselors or whatever allow them to do it, but that's my problem and not theirs I guess.

Also sick and tired of old ladies getting pissed off when they're just trying to walk back in forth in a lane, and they get made at you when you splash them just from swimming freestyle. **** off.

And a special **** you to the *******s who decide they don't want to walk to the other side of the pool where the leisure section is, and just stand in one of the lanes so no one can use it. Are you ****ing kidding me? Unbelievable.

So happy kids are back in school and the camps are gone. I can deal with the old ladies who don't want their hair wet, and will kick a little hard as I pass them.

Oct 18, 2011
pool walkers should be banned, or allowed in one lane, so people who are trying to have actual workouts can do what they need to do

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The leisure pool is long enough for them to walk as well, and when kids aren't there, usually pretty much empty.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
When people don't put the ****ing weight plates back on the proper rack and then overlap smaller, lighter weights with bigger ones. Or when people take them all to the squat racks/Smith machine and leave them there.

Mad Brills*

1. People who bring freaking mini blenders with them to make their shake in the locker room. What the ****? Can you not make it at your own place? Ridiculous.

2. Using weights on a running track, when the common thing to do is do it on a mat, not a fast paced track.

3. People that leave basketballs/towels all over the place and not in one spot. Come on.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
1. People who bring freaking mini blenders with them to make their shake in the locker room. What the ****? Can you not make it at your own place? Ridiculous.

2. Using weights on a running track, when the common thing to do is do it on a mat, not a fast paced track.

3. People that leave basketballs/towels all over the place and not in one spot. Come on.

Never have seen this but ridiculous.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
Summer time at the pool sucks. My gym has an indoor pool with about 6 lanes, and 8 in the outdoor pool with a leisure section as well connected to it. I prefer to swim outdoors.

What sucks is during the summer there are a bunch of summer camps at the gym.... Where the kids get to hang at the pool for a while. The other day they ran me out of a lane in the outdoor pool. I just couldn't do it anymore. So annoying. Kids just everywhere jumping in or swimming across any lane at any given time even if you're in the lane. Don't get how their counselors or whatever allow them to do it, but that's my problem and not theirs I guess.

Also sick and tired of old ladies getting pissed off when they're just trying to walk back in forth in a lane, and they get made at you when you splash them just from swimming freestyle. **** off.

And a special **** you to the *******s who decide they don't want to walk to the other side of the pool where the leisure section is, and just stand in one of the lanes so no one can use it. Are you ****ing kidding me? Unbelievable.

So happy kids are back in school and the camps are gone. I can deal with the old ladies who don't want their hair wet, and will kick a little hard as I pass them.

you must be working out at Lifetime Fitness. they have incredible facilities but damn they are pricey! it's basically a country club without the golf course. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad