<Blank> makes you mad at the gym (or working out at home)

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
It's ridiculous when a guy has a hulk like upper body with two skinny chicken legs. Please do not skip leg day! A perfect example is a regular at the gym, he has huge upper body with legs that cannot support his upper body. Then he was taking pictures of his abs. To top it all off, he has a sissy voice when I heard him speak. As a girl, the scenario is a complete turn off.

I hate when people flex in front of the mirror after every set.

Last edited:

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
These two juice heads were doing chest on the hammer strength machine, 4 plates a side and then they can't even ****ing re-rack all the ****ing plates. One of the ********** just leans it up against the rack.

Smh

anlongo13

Aug 6, 2014
Ottumwa, IA
It's ridiculous when a guy has a hulk like upper body with two skinny chicken legs. Please do not skip leg day! A perfect example was a regular at the gym who has huge upper body with legs that cannot support his upper body. Then he was taking picture of his abs. To top it all off, he has a sissy voice when I heard him speak. As a girl, the scenario is a complete turn off.

I hate when people flex in front of the mirror after every set.

Nothing cracks me up more at the gym than seeing a gym walk around in a cutoff shirt or tight Under Armour....and then rocking baggy grey sweatpants, even in the middle of summer.

Come on bro, you aren't fooling anyone. Hit the squat rack.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Nothing cracks me up more at the gym than seeing a gym walk around in a cutoff shirt or tight Under Armour....and then rocking baggy grey sweatpants, even in the middle of summer.

Come on bro, you aren't fooling anyone. Hit the squat rack.

I have yet to see this.

The morale of the story is Do not skip leg day or Don't let you friends skip leg day. Guys, you look ridiculous!

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Lol, lots of mammoth chested chicken legged MFers at my gym.

You're all correct in that they look absolutely ridiculous.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
The skinny Asian guy that just sits on a bench, facing the mirror, eating his Oatmeal while staring at his skinny arms in a tank top.

I see him about 3x a week, and the only thing he works on is his oatmeal intake.

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
Went to change after my run today and some asshat had put thier outdoor shoes on the bench in the changeroom. There are only 5 signs saying "take off outdoor footwear" and you have to walk through the shoe racks to get to the change room. How the f are people so oblivious?

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
My gym got hit hard by resolution noobs this year.

Its pretty frustrating when i walk into the gym and see that the outdoor shoe rack is full lol, i know its going to be a long workout.

Its so bad this year that i've changed my routine...been going at 6h30am before work for the past 3 workouts...its hard for me to go so early but i've started to get used to it...

eventually when the resolution noobs stop coming i'll go back to working out after work.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Went to change after my run today and some asshat had put thier outdoor shoes on the bench in the changeroom. There are only 5 signs saying "take off outdoor footwear" and you have to walk through the shoe racks to get to the change room. How the f are people so oblivious?

Went upstairs to change after my workout today and same thing. Some ************ had put his wet boots all up on the ****ing bench and it was just a puddle of water/slush.

So upsetting and frustrating.

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
Went upstairs to change after my workout today and same thing. Some ************ had put his wet boots all up on the ****ing bench and it was just a puddle of water/slush.

So upsetting and frustrating.

It's like all the rules of decency and ettiquite that they follow at home go right out the window. I'm not gonna be surprised if someone takes a **** in one of the tanning beds, because, why wouldn't you?

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Sitting on machines (leg press) between sets for extended periods of time. Easily 5-7 mins.

Get up and walk around let someone else hop in there.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Sitting on machines (leg press) between sets for extended periods of time. Easily 5-7 mins.

Get up and walk around let someone else hop in there.

Eff that noise. If someone wants to work in they can be a human being and ask me. More than willing to move for someone, but won't do that if I don't need to.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
went this morning and the gym was disgustingly dirty.

Main guy works Monday-Friday I guess and pretty much opens it everyone of those days.

Anyways, I guess I'm spoiled by this guy cause he keeps it so ****ing clean...

finnbalor*

Just reading people spazz out over the most minor of annoyances in the gym. Am I the only one that finds the gym to be one of the most polite public spaces? Everyone is reaching for their next gain and seems to recognize that others are doing the same. Juicers can look intimidating but take the time to engage them, they're good people in general.

Really, some curling in the squat rack ruins your workout? Boo hoo.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Just reading people spazz out over the most minor of annoyances in the gym. Am I the only one that finds the gym to be one of the most polite public spaces? Everyone is reaching for their next gain and seems to recognize that others are doing the same. Juicers can look intimidating but take the time to engage them, they're good people in general.

This guy does curls in the squat rack.

DaDucks*

My gym hands out towels as a courtesy, I've seen some brown star stains on them. So disgusting. I'm talking about hand towels, I can only imagine some of the shower towels.

bshodokai

Jun 6, 2014

You can do your curls LITERALLY anywhere else in the gym. Thats why its annoying.

Doing heavy squats its virtually impossible outside the rack(have fun snatching your 80% squat to get it behind your back without dieing).

Back to things that piss you off:

People who use the whole cable cross machine for their 'circuit'

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
So there are these two guys who come In and workout every morning around the same time I do, one guy is an outside trainer and one guy is doing comps....

Anyways, every time they come in and workout on the hammer strength machines they'll load up, up to 4-5 plates for their working sets and then when done will end up leaving a plate per side on.

It's been pissing me off because I see them do it all the time and by talking with the managers of my location, they've also been asked many times NOT to do it. As a result today I finally asked them if they wouldn't mind putting their weights back. The trainer guy looked at me like I'm an idiot or something so I proceeded to ask them again.

In the end they took the plates off but during the entire encounter things escalated quite quickly.

The guy started getting right up in my face saying I was ruining his workout and that I was giving them attitude the other day (I was, because im working with 55s and the guy ends up putting his 55s right where I grabbed mine from cause he was too ****ing lazy to put them back where he got his). I just kept telling them not to be rude and that some ladies who use the machines can't even take the 45s off. So Buddy then decided to ask me to take it outside so we could settle it!!! Felt somewhat threatened which is why I logged a formal complaint which is being sent to their district managers office.

Hoping the guy gets his membership revoked (doubt he will)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad