<Blank> makes you mad at the gym (or working out at home)

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Strange to say but I love seeing new people at the gyms this time of the year. So many tend to hate it but I really don't understand why. Even if it's the popular trend this time of year to try and change something about yourself, still gotta give credit to people for trying. Everyone's gotta start somewhere.

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
What new faces? ahah, the only new face I'll see at the gym is my wife provided she starts using the home gym!

I'm so happy I went that route a couple of months ago or so. No more waiting for a station, dumbbells etc. No annoying guys dropping weights to the ground as if they were lifting mountains. No more waiting for the showers (gym I went to only had 3). So far it's been all positive and all for a bit more than the fee of a one year membership. It helps that I got a gift card at Xmas from the in-laws and bought the missing pieces (dumbbell handles and 16 x 10 lbs plates - I already had 5s and 2.5s).

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Home gyms fall really short unless you have a huge space and budget.
There's things I need at the gym that I couldn't fit into my garage.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

A bar, rack, bench and some handles?

Add some dumbbells, kettlebells and a gym ball and you are 95% there.

Would be nice with some cables, but hardly that important.

Wouldn't take up that much space, but it would be quite expensive. 2-4 years worth of membership fees in Norway (not incl. the cost of the garage).

President XD

Apr 30, 2014

I'm not missing much except for a leg press. I've got the lat attachment, dumbbells, barbell, an adjustable bench and the rack. I can even do leg extensions and curls on my bench and also have the preacher curl attachment. I can pretty much do 95% of what I did at the gym. Really only missing the leg press and even that is not necessary imo. All this in a 10 x 10 area of my basement.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Only if they are females.

Darko knows.

Sadly enough I've only been in the gym On the 1st. Got hit with some flu bug that's kept me out of commission since Sunday. Feeling better though and will give it a go tomorrow morning.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
such as....

Mainly the sauna and hot tub most obviously.

But also the rowing machine, stair climber, leg press, ropes, squat rack, big enough weight tower, multiple Dumbbells, smith machine, hack squat machine, Tbar row, cable flys, ham curl, leg extension...

The stuff I like and the space to do it in, especially circuits and drop sets would be too expensive or space prohibited.

If it works for some great, maybe in my next house I'll build a bigger garage.

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
As mucuh as I hope the resolutioners stick with, man are they annoying. Had go through 2 dozen lockers to find an empty one, 8 of them only had a water bottle in them. Why? Why!

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
As mucuh as I hope the resolutioners stick with, man are they annoying. Had go through 2 dozen lockers to find an empty one, 8 of them only had a water bottle in them. Why? Why!

Went through this today, it absolutely baffles me. :help:

Half the reason you put a lock on your locker should be to signal to the world that the thing is being used, so I don't waste my time wandering around the locker room, hoping to finally find an open one.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Been going to a commercial gym while having been going to university gyms for the last 5 years.

DAMMIT PEOPLE! Put your **** away when you're done and rack the damn weights. It's packed enough in there in the after-work rush hour without 2 of the 4 benches not being used because people left weights on them and we don't know if you're done yet!

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Been going to a commercial gym while having been going to university gyms for the last 5 years.

DAMMIT PEOPLE! Put your **** away when you're done and rack the damn weights. It's packed enough in there in the after-work rush hour without 2 of the 4 benches not being used because people left weights on them and we don't know if you're done yet!
Welcome back to the world of public gyms.

People are just lazy AF unfortunately. I really used to let this bOther me but have more recently decided that I'm just going to let it go.

It's certainly made my trips to the gym a little more stress free

darko

Feb 16, 2009

If the weights are on but there's no one there and no bottle or towel i just go for it.

If the bloke is on the other side of the gym doing some curcuit, well bad luck. Should've left the membership card sitting on there.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago

This ****** bag at my gym does that all the time. Loads up everything he does with more weight than he can handle, half reps it, and then leaves to go to some other station/machine. The other day I saw him leave ~255lbs on a squat rack knowing there was a girl standing right there waiting to use the rack.

Same guy also loves to drop a 135 barbell from ****en shoulder height after doing some sort of power clean. I don't mind making noise with the weights when you're legitimately moving heavy ass weight that's hard to lower....but you can ease 135 to the ground you ****en pansy.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Welcome back to the world of public gyms.

People are just lazy AF unfortunately. I really used to let this bOther me but have more recently decided that I'm just going to let it go.

It's certainly made my trips to the gym a little more stress free
It still bothers me. A lot.

I just can't see myself wanting anything to do with the type of people who are too lazy or selfish to basically clean up after themselves.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The guy doing bicep curls cracks me up. There's couple of them in my gym.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad