<Blank> makes you mad at the gym (or working out at home)

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
you must be working out at Lifetime Fitness. they have incredible facilities but damn they are pricey! it's basically a country club without the golf course. :laugh:

Lifetime was actually my first choice... until they told me the one by me is a "platinum only club" or something like that, so the only and cheapest membership they offer is like $175 a month. Place I go to is about half that, only 2 miles away, and a lot easier for me to get to with traffic.

I use to be a member at a Lifetime further out in the burbs out here, and loved it... Especially at $55 per month, no contract.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
1. People who bring freaking mini blenders with them to make their shake in the locker room. What the ****? Can you not make it at your own place? Ridiculous.

2. Using weights on a running track, when the common thing to do is do it on a mat, not a fast paced track.

3. People that leave basketballs/towels all over the place and not in one spot. Come on.

Never have seen this but ridiculous.

I've never seen it, but to be fair, some people don't go to the gym next to their house or go before work. However, I make mine at work or if it's a simple protein shake in my car. :laugh:

Mad Brills*

That's true, but come on, bringing a freaking appliance with you?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That's true, but come on, bringing a freaking appliance with you?

It's a tiny plug in the wall device. If that's what it takes to be healthy, then so be it. Why would that of all things bother someone else?

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I've recently been getting annoyed with people who listen to their music too loud, not because I can hear their music, but because they can't hear how loud they are slamming the bars into everything. I swear the guy this morning was trying to throw the barbell through the rack and through the floor with how loud it was every time he was done a set.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
I've recently been getting annoyed with people who listen to their music too loud, not because I can hear their music, but because they can't hear how loud they are slamming the bars into everything. I swear the guy this morning was trying to throw the barbell through the rack and through the floor with how loud it was every time he was done a set.

I don't think that has anything to do with his music being too loud. He knows exactly how hard he's throwing the bar through the rack and what not. He's just a *********.

Mad Brills*

Yeah, last week had a guy doing deadlifts and dropping the weights on the ground, sounded like gunfire.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Dropping weights on deadlifts especially if you are going heavy isn't too bad. Doing standing bicep curls and dropping the bar (which i have seen several times) is inexcusable.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Doucebags taking selfies. Now mind I take one or there sometimes. But some people all they do is take selfies

I like people who are seriously working out, I get so motivated watching them

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Change Room
-Leaving used towels on the floor or benches
-Axe body spray (or any other "cologne")
-not closing locker door when leaving

Floor
-not re-racking weight properly
-dropping weights
-doing rows or curls within a foot of the weight racks

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Change Room

Floor
-dropping weights

The towel thing drives me nuts, which of course after they dry their nuts with that towel and rub them all over it.... they can't even toss it into the bin themselves. Lazy pieces of ****.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Change Room

Floor
-dropping weights

If the rare moment where i need to change in the locker room for work, I would 100% use cologne. But I don't buy cheap stuff, so I don't think it'd be an issue :laugh:

Fortunately, I know how to schedule workouts. I work an office job... it always blew my mind how people don't have a schedule where they aren't running in/out of the gym like that.

Oct 18, 2011
i freely admit to using axe or old spice at the gym. im not using any good stuff and if im not going anywhere after it does the trick

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Guys leaving their dirty **** hanging up in the sauna. I've started noticing this more recently. The once already doesn't smell good. It doesn't need your damp ass towel or shorts sitting there making it worse.

I also don't understand how some people can get the benches/floors in the locker room so wet. The closest locker to the showers at my gym is a good 30 foot walk. How in the hell do you get that far then get all that water on the ground?

Oct 18, 2011
the guys at my gym will freely shower with the curtains OPEN, why. why would you do this? some suspect stuff goes on, today all 8 showers were open, i go into one first, and the next two dudes go into the two right next to me, when there are 4 free ones across the way....

Oct 18, 2011
after the new year my gym has been packed at the time i go and usually it's not, all the noobs are flooding the gym which is fine but i don't get why people wait for the new year to actually commit themselves

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
after the new year my gym has been packed at the time i go and usually it's not, all the noobs are flooding the gym which is fine but i don't get why people wait for the new year to actually commit themselves

it's that whole resolution thing. "This is the year I'm really going to get into shape!" "I'm going to actually go to the gym this year since they're drafting money out of my checking account anyway!"
and of course there's the people that waaaaay over-ate during the holidays that weigh more than they did in early October and their pants are getting too tight.
I normally skip the first 2 weeks of the year and wait for the resolutioners to give up.
I was almost going to go yesterday since my last 2 workouts of 2016 felt so great after spending 4 months rehabbing a shoulder injury but then I realized that with travel I wouldn't get to go again for almost 2 weeks so I let the "noobs" just have it.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
As long as the noobs put back their weights they're good with me :).
My sentiment as well. I was new to this not that long ago (still mostly am, but I know the ins and outs now), so seeing someone come in and try to make a change is great to me. Just don't be doing silly things that can hurt yourself or others and follow gym etiquette and it is fine with me.

I've got one guy at my gym that always wants to talk to me before, during, and after sets. Leave me alone, especially during a heavy set. I've told him a few times and he just never learns. I was deadlifting heavy last week and he just started talking to me right as I was about to pull and I completely lost focus. Only got 1 rep out when I should have been able to go for 5. And then he starts criticizing my program because it is high volume and he thinks it is just a recipe for injury. It's a program put together by a guy that knows his stuff, it isn't like I just made it up myself.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
A healthy life isn't a competition among others! Just make yourself better each day and people will say the same about you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad