GDT: BLackhaks @ Golden Knights 9:00PM CT NSCH - L

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Anyone acting like losing Daley was a big loss to us didn't pay attention to him in Pittsburgh. When he actually played in the playoffs, the Pens won games in spite of him and not because of him.

And man, we just stink. At least Wingels had a good game, though.
The guy isn’t a stud. But he played 25+ minutes a night with Letang out and they won games. He was taking hard matchups when he had to as well. He couldn’t even play 15-18 in an offensive role on our team though?

It’s not about him being a big loss. It’s about misuse and bad evaluation of talent and how to use your personnel

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
This tank is going much better than I ever imagined. Jeff Glass should start every game from here on out. What a warrior. The mental fortitude it must take to intentionally have THAT bad of a glove hand.... WOW. I've fired pucks on 10 year old goalies who will flash some leather and inexplicably glove one out of the air more often than Glass...

He has fully "committed to the indian".

What's the max contract you can bury in the AHL? Hawks should sign him now, and make it a one-way contract. Guy deserves every penny.

Reactions: jls24 and TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Yeah.. Jeff glass is bad. Forsberg has played bad. Difference for me. I think he’s talented physically, just making tons of mental mistakes in his game. Jeff Glass literally is just a bad technician

Reactions: jls24

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
That glove... Wow. I literally have dreams about shooting on goalies with that bad of a glove hand. Ting...goal. Ting...goal. Bar down, glove side, every shot.

Excuse me, I have to use the restroom.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Goaltending is a huge Problem and if the Goal is to tank, just Keep Crawford out longer and go with no glove and mental lapses as Tandem.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Q and Bowman are both to blame. Stan built this roster and Q misuses quite a bit of it. Stars have quit on him obviously which is a problem for the future if he stays. It the order of this is susually coach goes first and then GM and BWC better accept that.

Stan has been OK at the drafting. That is about it.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The big stars fail again...Toews -2 Kane -1 Keith another -2 ...again .. Seabs -1 And Saad -2 ...Production of offense from them MIA ...efgort to defend...Zero ...Country Club cheque cashes except Saad at leat tried but just cannot produce any scores. ..TOEWS is a travesty and for ladt 15 games Kane has joined him..Yes goaltending stinks without CC but still the big high paid stats just have been atrocious ..

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Welcome to the abyss boys. Your friendly neighborhood Canucks.
Hello darkness my old friend ....
It's nice to dance with you again ....
Hey I like it here! It's super fun to look forward to a high pick for a change.
Oh ... and I'm with BK .. Murphy is a good top 4 D and Saad for Panarin was a necessary gamble,
as both the Murphy and Saad pick ups helped with the cap going forward. It is the price of success.
Currently sitting in 9th worse position with Florida and Detroit with multiple games in hand ...

Reactions: LDF

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Keith doing his best to help us tank...-11 last 5GP with of course Zero points production..He is -1 over last 15 GP with 3 assists .. He is our 1D and if this is what we now get ,he ain't even NHL calibre aymore.but he says he wants to pkay till 45 ...sure Duncs...sure... (Es Loco! !!!)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Tuned in to watch a little bit and wow, that was a mistake. It’s going to be nice lookin forward to the draft for the first time in a long time though I guess.

Yeah, I should have watched the men's gold medal snowboarding halfpipe instead. Shaun White went full beast mode. I did get to watch part of it when it played on repeat at like midnight, though.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
I cant believe I taped that game to watch this morning ...... maybe I will watch the 1st 2 periods and pretend the game ended after 2 periods

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
This board and Hawk nation as a whole, media included, are a god damn dumpster fire of the highest order. I feared the day things ever went South even a little bit with this organization, but it is so much worse than I ever imagined. The takes are even hotter than the fire itself. I bought a bullet and rented a gun. Who wants to do the honors for me?

Reactions: migi and ChiHawks10

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
Murphy with by far the fewest minutes among d-men last night. Five fewer minutes than Gus, who was awful, and Dahlstrom as well.

I loved Hjammer too, but for crying out loud Q-- get over it. He's has to be sticking it to Stanley with the way he's been handling Murphy this year.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
This board and Hawk nation as a whole, media included, are a god damn dumpster fire of the highest order. I feared the day things ever went South even a little bit with this organization, but it is so much worse than I ever imagined. The takes are even hotter than the fire itself. I bought a bullet and rented a gun. Who wants to do the honors for me?

lulz! Welcome to hot takes central!

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

To be fair to this board(though I agree with you that it has been a dumpster fire) it's literally like 2 people and a handful of "where the hell did you come froms" that are making it a dumpster fire. Pretty good ratio of good:stupid, IMO.

The stupid is just so stupid that it overwrites any of the good in a matter of seconds.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
To be fair to this board(though I agree with you that it has been a dumpster fire) it's literally like 2 people and a handful of "where the hell did you come froms" that are making it a dumpster fire. Pretty good ratio of good:stupid, IMO.

The stupid is just so stupid that it overwrites any of the good in a matter of seconds.

Eh, nah, I see some pretty heavy knee-jerk reaction type things and some pretty bad takes from regulars. Your point is no less valid, but it's just....woof.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Eh, nah, I see some pretty heavy knee-jerk reaction type things and some pretty bad takes from regulars. Your point is no less valid, but it's just....woof.

I'm more talking the stupidity spewed from some, and the endless amount of trolls that I've never seen before suddenly on here and up-in-arms about the Hawks right now. "Oh, we don't discuss the Hawks unless they're playing terrible, at which point I still won't discuss the Hawks, I'll just scream and yell that everyone sucks, and blow it up in every single post." I expect the occasional hot-take or knee-jerk reaction from some of the regulars. We're passionate about the team and sport. What I don't expect... is the pure stupidity and trolling. There lies the issue in public forums.

Reactions: migi and Blue Liner

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

We have some "regulars" that consistently have some of the worst hot takes on earth.

I do not understand for the life of me how some people can watch a game and come with some of the shit they try to claim but to make it even better when the stats show they are wrong they claim the stats are wrong or made up. Then to compound their problem they just made up takes from others to deflect.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
What was with the line up last night?

The hawks bench Hino and Duke to play Wingels and Bouma?

Who care if Wingels scored these young kids need to play the season is over. What dysfunctional mess the organization is right now. I can’t even blame the players anymore when the strategic direction of the team is obviously not clear.

I guess the only reason is to show case them for trades, but the league doesn’t have enough tape of these vets?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What was with the line up last night?

The hawks bench Hino and Duke to play Wingels and Bouma?

Who care if Wingels scored these young kids need to play the season is over. What dysfunctional mess the organization is right now. I can’t even blame the players anymore when the strategic direction of the team is obviously not clear.

I guess the only reason is to show case them for trades, but the league doesn’t have enough tape of these vets?

Q rewards players who skate hard over players who are far more talented, apparently. His own words. Because playing the guy that "skates hard" over the far more talented players is a winning recipe, amiright?

I can go out there and skate hard Q. Should I be in the lineup over Kane? :shakehead

I can't wait for the season to be over so they can send his ass up into the FO to handle nothing but Binny's commercials moving forward.

Last edited:

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I have to think a lot of these people became fans in 2010 and have not experienced the dark ages and/or a losing season.
Yeah, if people think these defensemen are bad, try watching a half season with Jassen Cullimore and Adrian Aucoin as your top pairing.
I love the Hawks, I will continue to watch. It is sad that the winning is over for now, but I'm not ready to write the core off completely yet. I think a coaching change would do them some good. If the problems remain even with a new coach, then it would be time to blow it to smithereens. They have to decide sooner than later, so if Q isn't fired on 4/8 I will blow a gasket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad