GDT: BLackhaks @ Golden Knights 9:00PM CT NSCH - L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I see Aucoin all the time now and he still, even if just for a second, reminds of me of very dark days in Blackhawkdom.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Q isnt trying to get the "kids" playing time or worrying about the future .... on the pre-game Q said he was only interested in winning games.

As long as Bouma, Sharp and Wingles are on the team ... Q will play them ... he relies on vets over getting the kids playing time

Although I appreciate Wingles and his play .... he should be moved to a playoff team for a 4th or 5th rd pick ... same with Bouma

Stan needs to make a BIG decision .... is Q coming back to coach next year? If not ... he needs to start getting a replacement lined up ... is the replacement at Rockford?

Wouldnt be bad to let the new coach take over about the 1st week in March to put his system in place and get to know the players

Q wont look ahead to rebuild/retool with the kids

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I like Wingles as a 4th line guy. He could be someone who could help a playoff team. He actually has a good shot which could make a minor impact.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Eh, say what you want, but Wingels actually did have a great game. This was an old-fashioned player/goalie loss.
I have no problem with Wingelsand respect the effort he brings. Dare I say he should come back as the 13th forward next year, but the kids need time on the ice.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Eh, say what you want, but Wingels actually did have a great game. This was an old-fashioned player/goalie loss.

Did you watch the game? This was not a goalie loss(although the goalie was not great), the Knights were all over the Hawks the whole game, they were so lucky to be up 2-1 in the third and that was due to good goaltending up to this point, it was not reflective of how the game was going. How people can get themselves to believe the junk that I just read is beyond my understanding.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Exactly. Wingles may not have much talent, but he actually brought what talent he had.

I like Wingles as a 4th line guy. He could be someone who could help a playoff team. He actually has a good shot which could make a minor impact.

Wingels shows more heart than any other Blackhawks player, and that has been the case since he first arrived in Chicago. Why he gets so much flak around here is baffling.

Personally, I think he should be signed for another year and remain a Hawk until such time as a kid comes along who proves he's better as a 4th liner with balls and intensity to his game. I don't see who that could be in the present scheme of things. Phillipe Danault is long gone from Chicago.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Did you watch the game? This was not a goalie loss(although the goalie was not great), the Knights were all over the Hawks the whole game, they were so lucky to be up 2-1 in the third and that was due to good goaltending up to this point, it was not reflective of how the game was going. How people can get themselves to believe the junk that I just read is beyond my understanding.

It's beyond your understanding because you lack an ability to comprehend single sentences, apparently.

Goalie/player loss. Glass had multiple softies and the other players didn't play well, and it was in response to multiple people that brought up Q's lineup decisions.

Maybe make it so that your first reaction to an innocuous sentence isn't outrage.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Wingles and Bouma are least of problems with this team

At least you know they will give you 100% effort every shift which is why they play regularly on 4th line. And frankly over these past two games the PP has looked better with them on it as they are showing willingness to go to front of net. Something rest of team refuses to do

A guy like Jurco who is doing nothing should go before either of them at this point

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Wingles and Bouma are least of problems with this team

At least you know they will give you 100% effort every shift which is why they play regularly on 4th line. And frankly over these past two games the PP has looked better with them on it as they are showing willingness to go to front of net. Something rest of team refuses to do

A guy like Jurco who is doing nothing should go before either of them at this point

x100

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I would keep Jurco as he can be a solid 4th line player but I would trade Bouma.

But Jurco would return more so trading him might be the right play.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would keep Jurco as he can be a solid 4th line player but I would trade Bouma.

But Jurco would return more so trading him might be the right play.

Jurco has very little value if any at this point (What possibly is appealing about what he has shown at NHL level?) and explain why he can be solid 4th line player?

He is average or below average at everything

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Jurco has very little value if any at this point (What possibly is appealing about what he has shown at NHL level?) and explain why he can be solid 4th line player?

I'm actually inclined to agree with BWC on this one BK. You can find 4th liners who can do more, at least in one area of the game.

He's another guy that comes off like he's got all the tools, but not the toolbox. Shows flashes of what he could do, but inevitably blows it somehow.

Sweet dangle. Shanks a shot 5 feet wide right after it. Makes a good defensive play in his zone. Fires a pass right to one of the opposing D.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I think he is defensively responsible, actually has some skill, and can skate. I am by no means saying he is special or anything close but longterm I could see him being a solid NHL 4th line player. The last sentence fragment describes a lot of 4th line players but he has tangible NHL skills that could be average to slightly above average.

His biggest issue is that he can't finish and seems to make a good play then just miss on completing the next step. My though process is that at some point he will put that piece together.

If they trade him I would not be disappointed in the slightest. I do think he will return a 4th round pick or so it might be worth it.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think he is defensively responsible, actually has some skill, and can skate. I am by no means saying he is special or anything close but longterm I could see him being a solid NHL 4th line player. The last sentence fragment describes a lot of 4th line players but he has tangible NHL skills that could be average to slightly above average.

His biggest issue is that he can't finish and seems to make a good play then just miss on completing the next step. My though process is that at some point he will put that piece together.

If they trade him I would not be disappointed in the slightest. I do think he will return a 4th round pick or so it might be worth it.

Exactly what I mentioned above, actually. For whatever reason... he has done this for multiple years. When it has gone on that long, it's hard to believe he'll finally figure that step out at this level.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Do you really think talent is the issue?

While this team is not a cup contender, the talent is there to make the playoff if the avoid injuries, had non **** systems, and a coach that could get a lineup right.
Yes. When compared to the 10 best NHL teams, the Hawks roster lacks talent. Couple that with injuries, coaching and massive drop offs.

This team lacks scoring depth, centers who can win a face off, D who can play D and D who can provide goals and anything resembling a back up NHL goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->