GDT: BLackhaks @ Golden Knights 9:00PM CT NSCH - L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No. Hammer is a shell of his former self. He has been bad this year. Just like the last quarter of the season last year.

Panarin's offense has been replaced. Schmaltz has what? Four points less than Panarin? And is twice the defensive player? I'll take that trade-off.
Cat is going to be what Panarin was. And he's also easily a better defender from what I've seen this season.

Hammer is still a far better player then Murphy and Panarin + Schmaltz + Debrincat > Saad + Schmaltz + Debrincat

How you can even pretend this team would be a disaster at this point with out those terrible trades is stunning

Reactions: BrianE

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
No one is claiming he is a key cog. Stop making **** up.

So then he's completely expendable

But if he's going to play second D pairing and get paid $4m, I'd consider that a 'key cog' especially when the makeup of the other 4 dmen is a question mark going into next season.

But here's your chance. Sell us on Connor Murphy. What does he do that should get anyone excited?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hammer is still a far better player then Murphy and Panarin + Schmaltz + Debrincat > Saad + Schmaltz + Debrincat

How you can even pretend this team would be a disaster at this point with out those terrible trades is stunning

The bold is not even remotely true this season.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

No. He's really not. Watch him play. Look at the stats. He's really not. Not at all.

Saad is having a bad year. If you think this is what he will be for the rest of his contract, that is the only thing stunning on this page.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011

Even with those two, is this a Stanely CUp Caliber team?

Seabrook, Toews and Keith have sh&& the bed this season.

Crawford injured.

Since Seabrook/Keith cant carry their D-partners like the old days , the whole D unit sucks.

Anisimov injured and sh**

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So then he's completely expendable

But if he's going to play second D pairing and get paid $4m, I'd consider that a 'key cog' especially when the makeup of the other 4 dmen is a question mark going into next season.

But here's your chance. Sell us on Connor Murphy. What does he do that should get anyone excited?

How can I sell anything to you when you view players like Schmaltz as "just guys"? Sorry but I don't think you would get it as it has been explained to you multiple times.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
No. Hammer is a shell of his former self. He has been bad this year. Just like the last quarter of the season last year. His inevitable fall of the cliff was easy to see coming due to the warrior he was on the ice. He took a hell of a beating for a long time. It's catching up.

Panarin's offense has been replaced. Schmaltz has what? Four points less than Panarin? And is twice the defensive player? I'll take that trade-off.
Cat is going to be what Panarin was. And he's also easily a better defender from what I've seen this season. He's 7 years younger and has 10 less points in his first year in the NHL to this point.

Yep. Hawks are great. Those Panarin and Hammer trades were f***ing awesome.

Now where are we drafting again?

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I was going to start the game late on DVR but I couldn't so that to myself. Just fast forwarded to the goals. So I haven't watched much of the actual action.

What do people make of Dahlstrom?
Meh.

He and Keith had a very rough first period together.

Didn't do anything particularly noticeable.

I will say that Gustafson has most likely played his last game in an NHL uniform. Last game for the Hawks, that's for sure

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would rather have Murphy than Hammer in this organization.

Of course you would

I would rather have Hjalmarsson and lets be real Murphy back in Arizona would be a healthy scratch/#6 at this point. So to say Hammer is worse then Murphy is laughable

And Panarin even if not as great offensively this year in Columbus >>> Whatever the hell Saad is doing out on ice most nights

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Even with those two, is this a Stanely CUp Caliber team?

Seabrook, Toews and Keith have sh&& the bed this season.

Crawford injured.

Since Seabrook/Keith cant carry their D-partners like the old days , the whole D unit sucks.

Anisimov injured and sh**

No its clearly not a cup caliber team with those two considering Johnny still wouldn't have a heart and the other issues

But it is no doubt this team would be playoff team with them which is far better then this disaster we are watching unfold

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
No its clearly not a cup caliber team with those two considering Johnny still wouldn't have a heart and the other issues

But it is no doubt this team would be playoff team with them which is far better then this disaster we are watching unfold
Well Hjalmarsson and Panarin contracts would be up in a few yrs.

Stanley would have given Hjalmarsson 6M x 6 years and Panarin 8.5-9M x 8.

Hjalmarsson would be Seabrook 2.0, and Panarin would be good for a couple years until Toews infects him.

Almost a blessing in disguise getting rid of those two.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Of course you would

I would rather have Hjalmarsson and lets be real Murphy back in Arizona would be a healthy scratch/#6 at this point. So to say Hammer is worse then Murphy is laughable

And Panarin even if not as great offensively this year in Columbus >>> Whatever the hell Saad is doing out on ice most nights
You liked the trade. On record. Liked the move. Saad having the worst year of his career. Not on the coach though. Not on Saad either. Actually Stanley's fault.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
How can I sell anything to you when you view players like Schmaltz as "just guys"? Sorry but I don't think you would get it as it has been explained to you multiple times.
I can fully admit that Schmaltz has pleasantly surprised me. That said I'm not ready to crown him just yet. I like his two way game but he's never scored more than 20 goals and he needs to drastically improve his face off percentage. While I can certainly say he's more than just a guy, I don't see him as some sort of special player now. Nice player, yes. Special? Not yet.

But one has nothing to do with the other. Tell us why we you are the only person besides his father who thinks highly of the hockey value of one Connor Murphy.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Who did he compare Schmaltz to? I forget. :laugh: I just remember it was one of the most idiotic statements I've ever seen posted on this board. And there has been some dumb shit posted here.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yes I liked move ,, But it has turned into disaster

Its possible to like a move and watch it turn into disaster

Also I foolishly bought into idea that Saad could turn Toews into a hockey player again

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Anyone acting like losing Daley was a big loss to us didn't pay attention to him in Pittsburgh. When he actually played in the playoffs, the Pens won games in spite of him and not because of him.

And man, we just stink. At least Wingels had a good game, though.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Anyone acting like losing Daley was a big loss to us didn't pay attention to him in Pittsburgh. When he actually played in the playoffs, the Pens won games in spite of him and not because of him.

And man, we just stink. At least Wingels had a good game, though.

Your being too kind with that statement

This team would lose a game to the 03-04 Hawks ,, A 8-2 type loss

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
The D is not what we want it to be, no. It's also a young, developing unit. I can give them a break. I expect a bunch of 21-23 year old D to not be nearly what we want them to be. D take longer to develop. But the roster has a lot of talent. It's just not coming together like we would expect. A Hartman sophomore slump. Toews continued decline. Kane looking like he gives zero ****s. Saad having a career-worst year. AA being hurt constantly. Relying on rookies to carry the load for players who don't care, or just aren't playing well. I could go on and on. That's not to say there's no talent on the roster.

Hino is talented. Schmaltz is talented. Cat is talented. Kampf looks like a solid player a la Kruger. Hayden is solid. Forsling is very talented. Oesterle and Murphy have both shown glimpses of being top 4 caliber. Saad is not what we're seeing this year. He's having a bad year, and I don't expect that's his norm moving forward. Kane is very good still, despite looking like he just doesn't care this season, most the time. Hartman is talented, he showed it last year. He's having a sophomore slump/bad year.
Every guy in the NHL is talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad