GDT: BLackhaks @ Golden Knights 9:00PM CT NSCH - L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Panarin is getting thrown under the bus too much here.

Ask COlumbus fans, he's been their MVP behind BObrovsky.

Top line, tough match-ups, playing with 3rd liners (P-L Dubois and Josh Anderson).

He has 45 pts.. THE SECOND highest forward has 29pts... Let that sink in.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well see you all tomorrow

Should be fun discussion around here

Maybe we get lucky and a trade goes down that starts process of dumping whatever we can to get assets for future

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I can fully admit that Schmaltz has pleasantly surprised me. That said I'm not ready to crown him just yet. I like his two way game but he's never scored more than 20 goals and he needs to drastically improve his face off percentage. While I can certainly say he's more than just a guy, I don't see him as some sort of special player now. Nice player, yes. Special? Not yet.

But one has nothing to do with the other. Tell us why we you are the only person besides his father who thinks highly of the hockey value of one Connor Murphy.

It has to do with your player development understanding and your past history here. You said the same shit about TT as you did Schmaltz.

Murphy is a solid 4 now so he is similar in role to what Oduya was. He has a higher ceiling than Oduya as he could turnout to be a good #3. He brings everything you want in a D. He can get his shot through, he is willing to jump into the play, and his D zone coverage has steadily improved. He is physical but not in the sense that he jumps out of position. This is what you want in a more defensive defense man. He is ideally paired with a more offensive minded D man who is a good skaters. His skating is solid but he only has average speed. He is still also young.

Is he going to make or break a team? No but he will help a winning team.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
It has to do with you player development comprehension. You said the same **** about TT as you did Schmaltz.

Murphy is a solid 4 now so he is similar in role to what Oduya was. He has a higher ceiling than Oduya as he could turnout to be a good #3. He brings everything you want in a D. He can get his shot through, he is willing to jump into the play, and his D zone coverage has steadily improved. He is physical but not in the sense that he jumps out of position. This is what you want in a more defensive defense man. He is ideally paired with a more offensive minded D man who is a good skaters. His skating is solid but he only has average speed. He is still also young.

Yes, he would be a great partner for Jokiharju..

IF we are lucky, we could have a good future (2-3 yrs down the road) D-corps of:

Forsling-____
Jokiharju-Murphy
Keith-Mitchell
Seabrook

I am hoping we make a trade for a young RD...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

IF we are lucky, we could have a good future (2-3 yrs down the road) D-corps of:

Forsling-____
Jokiharju-Murphy
Keith-Mitchell
Seabrook

This is why we made the trade. The next few years will be another chance if things go right. This season was never going to be a cup type season as much as we would have loved it to be.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Forsling-____
Jokiharju-Murphy
Keith-Mitchell
Seabrook

Nah. Entire Hawks team is no-talent trash. None of them even belong in the NHL. Their pipeline is ever worse. Bunch of career AHLers and wannabes. Should change the Hawks name to "District 5" pre-Gordon Bombay.

Reactions: Rolo

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
It has to do with you player development comprehension. You said the same **** about TT as you did Schmaltz.

You honestly believe all of that? There's glass half full and then there's glass half nutty. When have you seen him get a shot through? I can't recall the last time. One goal through 2/3 of a season.

And ' he can help a winning team'. You just described pretty the majority of players in every sport.

If Connor Murphy is your 3 dman, your s corps is an issue.

Reactions: dk2k and Blackhawks

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Top line, tough match-ups, playing with 3rd liners (P-L Dubois and Josh Anderson).

Anyone that leaves gets thrown under the bus just so Stan doesnt seem at fault, then you ask those same people why is the team sucking and they blame it on the coach or the goalie, anyone with minimal hockey knowledge or heck with no hockey knowledge whatsoever who watched the game tonight can tell you this team is filled with players that should be in the AHL

Reactions: Game suspension

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Go troll somewhere else. No one is claiming any of this.

Didn't you just claim that Panarin was replaced by Schmaltz last night?

My point is those trades were horrible and have led to the demise of the team (with Hossa and Crawford gone, shitty core etc.). Ya don't have to be a brain surgeon to see it.

I am with you Rolo. That was an absolutely awful trade. Why would you f*** with only line that worked for two years. To help Captain Cauliflower? That worked well didn't it.

Reactions: Blackhawks

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Who did he compare Schmaltz to? I forget. :laugh: I just remember it was one of the most idiotic statements I've ever seen posted on this board. And there has been some dumb **** posted here.
I didn't compare him to anyone. I simply said he want that 'special' sort of player that BK was regaling him to be. I admitted that I've been pleasantly surprised as his play but still a long way to go before I consider him a major difference maker.

But if you're into idiotic posts, go back and check out the doozy about all of the talent on this season's Hawks roster.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Nice analysis. Sounds like you've watched a lot of peewee house league games. :thumbu:

You may wanna stick to those.

Or I can just accept your astute analysis of this roster as the hockey gold it is. Everyone should be excited about the talent on the blue line!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You honestly believe all of that? There's glass half full and then there's glass half nutty. When have you seen him get a shot through? I can't recall the last time. One goal through 2/3 of a season.

And ' he can help a winning team'. You just described pretty the majority of players in every sport.

If Connor Murphy is your 3 dman, your s corps is an issue.

It is like you can't read...

Murphy is currently a solid #4 D. If he hits his ceiling he will be a #3. Remember he is only 24. Numbers and the eye test back this up.

In regards to getting shots through, Murphy and Kempny (Forsling used to) are the only D who actually use wrist shots from the point and yes they get it through more than our other D. If you look back a lot of his assists have come from shots that have been tipped.

You claim to watch "a lot" of hockey but you make claims like Murphy doesn't jump into offensive plays and Players like Schmaltz and TT are just guys. Honestly you should know that none of your claims are remotely accurate but part of me thinks you do it for shock value.

Didn't you just claim that Panarin was replaced by Schmaltz last night?

My point is those trades were horrible and have led to the demise of the team (with Hossa and Crawford gone, ****ty core etc.). Ya don't have to be a brain surgeon to see it.

No I claimed (and it is a proven fact) Panarin's production has been replaced by Schmlatz. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to know the difference.

Saad was brought in to be a replacement for Hossa and long term Debrincat is the replacement for Panarin (who is still a really good hockey play but he has hit his ceiling at this point).

Last edited by a moderator:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
But if you're into idiotic posts, go back and check out the doozy about all of the talent on this season's Hawks roster.

Do you really think talent is the issue?

While this team is not a cup contender, the talent is there to make the playoff if the avoid injuries, had non shit systems, and a coach that could get a lineup right.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The draft in here is going to be insane. It’s why I love being a massive fan. We are all upset with how this season has gone. A lot may change before we are competitive again, but we still can argue, bicker and go back and forth about something new!! Who to pick.

In the end we all want to win, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad