B-Sens Bingo 2016-17 On-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
IF Ottawa wants out let them go now, no sense having them here lame duck is there..... We saw that lame duck with that manure team of Doug and the doormats....... Let Mitchel and the ownership group have a good payday selling the team to Ottawa..... Then the county can sell the Arena to SUNY and be rid of it...... As for the AHL caring about the city that is pure BS as they don't give a flying puck...... As for another AHL team coming to Binghamton again let's be real there are many other bigger cities teams would go to..... Put and end to it as this area is so depressed after IBM said goodbye, and no thanks to the ECHL..... Sell the rink to the college and let hockey here die in peace............................

IF this goes through... good news for Ottawa, I guess, but man do I feel gutted for Binghamtonians. (Binghamtonites?) To have been through so much jerking around from various AHL teams over the years and now to lose another team would really blow.

I am sorry to see you so upset Zeke as you are such a good and informative poster and keeping us up to date on how Sens players are doing in the AHL has been great.

I can remember what it was like when it looked as though we might lose our team and its not fun.

This change may not happen at all but if it does I expect the Sens to make sure there is a new team in place in Bingo.

Last edited:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I am sorry to see you so upset Zeke as you are such a good and informative poster and keeping us up to date on how Sens players are doing in the AHL has been great.

I can remember what it was like when it looked as though we might lose our team and its not fun.

This change may not happen at all but if it does I expect the Sens to make sure there is a new team in place in Bingo.

"Pepty":

Thank you for the kind words about my posts and I am glad you enjoy them... I just try to offer my thoughts on how the Ottawa prospects are doing down here and how the team is doing....

Local posters here do not care for me as I take a bigger view on hockey as most here only care about the team here..... Binghamton exists to develop players for Ottawa, as the players belong to Ottawa not Binghamton....... I like to see players improve and move up to the NHL I take pride in it, and in a small way think that I helped, not that I really did or did I?????

I was crushed when I read the report that Ottawa was leaving, as I went through this before when the damn Rags left our city cold that hurt..... I was overjoyed when the Sens came in 5 yrs later and AHL hockey returned to Binghamton.......

Ottawa is a budget team so they have to draft well and develop players in Binghamton they can Not sign the high priced free agents.... I am a fan of developing your own players as that is a better way to go in my opinion......

No matter what I will always remember the 2010-2011 season in Binghamton..... As it took me 38 years to win my 1 and only
Calder Cup, I am so thankful to Ottawa for that.......

I just wish that the Sens would not rush some of their prospects as they do at times, let them develop a bit more then you will get a better player, but that is not up to me........

Being honest at my age how many seasons of hockey do I have left to watch..... I still love it + it keeps me going, and gets me out of the house 40 nites a year.... Takes a lot of time to keep an eye on Binghamton, Ottawa, the draft picks, and the Sens players in Evansville.... Just don't have the time to keep up with the rest of the NHL.... The AHL I do keep up as it changes so fast at times, + I see Binghamton play 38 times at home and I watch 38 road games on AHL live.....

I let you guys keep up with the rest of the NHL, + keeping track of Ottawa is a job in itself.....

Time and God have taken away darn near everything I have loved, so losing the Sens would devastate me.....

As for my reports I stick to the facts never post any rumors no need for that in view.......

My game reports I praise them when the play well, perhaps to much, but can't help it, as love to see them win.... When they lose I look for positives and if they give a good effort I am fine with that and do not get on them much if at all..... When they do NOT give the effort and play like crap I get on them hard as I should, so I give to them hard when they deserve it..... Sadly it happened too darn many times down here this season.....

Enough before I type a novel tonite, be well Pepty and have a great summer...... I will get my yr end report on the players out soon I promise.....

BigEyedPhish

Aug 23, 2006
:D
Unfortunately, Ottawa will be moving on (most likely)...

Another NHL team has already stepped up to the plate (and its pretty much a 100%) , but due to contracts (on both teams behalf) neither can say a damn word, so it will be a long silence.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
"Pepty":

No matter what I will always remember the 2010-2011 season in Binghamton..... As it took me 38 years to win my 1 and only
Calder Cup, I am so thankful to Ottawa for that.......

I just wish that the Sens would not rush some of their prospects as they do at times, let them develop a bit more then you will get a better player, but that is not up to me.........

Seeing their team win a championship is not something every fan gets to experience so you do have that to remember no matter who runs your local team.

And that reminds me of how puzzling that coach KK didn't move on to an NHL career.

And yes being a fan of the farm team also means having a stake in how the players you have followed do in the NHL, its like being part of a family in a way.

And regarding rushing our prospects it seems that the Sens have been doing more of that lately-Curtis Lazar for example would likely have befitted from some time in Bingo-and Pierre Dorion mentioned that so maybe they are going to address that in the future..

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Hey - sorry have been away since moving to CBus. Did you see Duff wearing a Bingo sweater on Ace of Cakes, episode 17?

tM4lJdI.jpg

wu1xCDf.jpg

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It remains to be seen, but it's interesting that Dorion is hiring all francophone coaches.

He's francophone and the team is looking like it's going to move very close to Hull.

If there's a time to make a push that the Ottawa Senators are also Gatineau's team, this is it.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
"Dave Spanky Allison":

Alright I agree, then what is holding Ottawa back?????????

Poor defensive play, too many shots against and special teams are the biggest problems in my opinion. I think coaching was a problem too, but hopefully that's been addressed with the hiring of Boucher.

I just learned this today from the press conference, but Ottawa only scored 15 PP goals on home ice this year. That's crazy.

P.S. I like how you called me Spanky ;)

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
"Dave Spanky Allison":

Alright I agree, then what is holding Ottawa back?????????

Coaching and depth IMO. No consistency from the team, no solid system that you'd come to expect - and perhaps the two worst things that showed Ottawa management (hopefully) what's what were.

1.Turris getting injured in December and our PP going from 6th in the league to the bottom third. Uh...I think we need some depth in playmakers...

2.Cowen and Wiercioch, but especially Cowen busting really hard at about game 10 of the season and Murray not being able to acquire Phaneuf until it was too late.

I hope to heck Boucher and Crawford start solving the consistency issues and formulating a good system and I hope that Dorion takes it upon himself to make a couple of transactions to improve the depth so your season doesn't hinge (entirely) on a healthy Turris.

Injuries didn't help either, but that's a little bit more of an excuse.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Poor defensive play, too many shots against and special teams are the biggest problems in my opinion. I think coaching was a problem too, but hopefully that's been addressed with the hiring of Boucher.

I just learned this today from the press conference, but Ottawa only scored 15 PP goals on home ice this year. That's crazy.

P.S. I like how you called me Spanky ;)

"Dave Sparky Allison":

AKA Spanky..........

Opps sorry about the TYPO, it happens to me more than it should anymore.....

I agree with the poor defensive play and way to damn many shots against up top and down here way too many shots allowed.... + way too many good scoring chances allowed by both teams........

I suggest Ottawa & Binghamton both carry 8 D-men that way they can perhaps find 6 out of the 8 that can play defense and protect our goalies, before they all burn out......................

As for coaching up top well I don't get on coaches too much myself as I have only blasted 2 of them in Binghamton in 45 seasons and they deserved it................

Just from my observations it seems like coaches in Ottawa do well and are praised on this blog, then the next season the sky is falling and the coach is a bum...... Did all the coaches forget how to coach from 1 season to the next??????

Or is it that the players get tired of hearing his BS, and no longer respond to it and then a new coach comes in with a new line of BS that they listen to for awhile...... Am not sure if BS is the correct word to use, perhaps I should call it coaching style or technique.......

Only 15 PPG @ home putrid 41 home games terrible.......

I wish new coach Boucher good luck in Ottawa I hope he can add some stability and turn the big team in Ottawa around........

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Just from my observations it seems like coaches in Ottawa do well and are praised on this blog, then the next season the sky is falling and the coach is a bum...... Did all the coaches forget how to coach from 1 season to the next??????

Or is it that the players get tired of hearing his BS, and no longer respond to it and then a new coach comes in with a new line of BS that they listen to for awhile...... Am not sure if BS is the correct word to use, perhaps I should call it coaching style or technique.......

Well, we could go through every coach Murray hired as GM of the Sens and see what happened, and there are reasons for all, but with Cameron specifically? I think the improvement the team saw when he first became head coach, which could even be seen in their possession numbers, was more typical of what you see when a coach is fired and a new guy, even the former assistant, takes over. The players know they have no excuse now (especially if they were fed up with the previous guy) and are more willing to at least hear the new coach out and buy in.

But then the Sens went on one of the most ridiculous runs in NHL history. It was amazing and fun to watch, but not sustainable, and not truly indicative of the team. Lightning in a bottle is what it largely was. Injuries forcing Cameron to play the best possible lineup definitely helped (not having Phillips, Cowen, Smith (who was not good even when healthy that season) and others was actually a plus), and there is some talent on Ottawa, but that run was just too ridiculous.

Fast forward to the 2015-16 season and, well, the problems that got masked by the run are still there: this is a team that for years, under both MacLean and Cameron, has given up a ton of shots and shot attempts. Part of that is the roster. The Sens' blueline for much of that time has been mediocre at best. And while Phaneuf helps there, I still think we're not great (unless Ceci shows improvement and that his play down the stretch wasn't just the result of high percentages and luck). This was only compounded by Cameron's roster choices (and the players he chose to praise) and frankly a lack of structure, especially in the defensive end (a few blogs, like Silver Seven, broke down Ottawa's attempts at zone exits, and it was just baffling to see what a mess it was. Basically, if Erik Karlsson wasn't on the ice, the Sens looked like a junior team trying to break up ice, with bad positioning and gap control abound).

So with Cameron, unless this team had a significantly deeper roster, or went on a lucky run (which did happen), his system was doomed to fail. I think he'll find his way back to the NHL, but perhaps he's more suited to being an assistant than anything. The aforementioned post on Silver Seven also broke down how the Sens actually had good set plays off the draw in the offensive zone, which Cameron and his assistants deserve credit for.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Marc Crawford?

Most Anglophones spell Mark with a K & francophones spell Marc with a C as Methot does which is why I assumed he was a francophone. Crawford was born in Bellville though but has a French mother & started in Cornwall in the Quebec league when they played there. He seems to have a lot of association with Quebec teams over his career & went to Swizerland to coach where they also speak French. But as it turns out he considers himself an Anglophone but does speak a passable French.

I found this about him:

"We know a little more about Crawford's language skills. He has a French mother — hence the c at the end of his first name — and his wife is a French-Canadian. He was once the head coach of the Nordiques and was able to handle daily press conferences in French, although the francophone media regularly stuck around for the English portion of his remarks because he expressed himself better in his native tongue."

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Benoit Groulx in the rumour mill for later today? Good choice.

Hired by Tampa affiliate. At least we'll get to beat him several times a year!

Who's next on the hot seat. I'd think its someone who Boucher/Crawford knows can coach their system.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Cant the sens just hire Zeke as our liasion ???All kidding aside if the baby sens do move .It gonna suck losing him as our window ,great poster :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille