Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Dubas didn't bring them in. What he did was ruin the payment structure of Leafs for years to come by giving Tavares $11M. Then Matthews just HAD TO PAID more than that, then Marner just HAD to be paid close to that. What a clown show.
That was only ruined when Covid happened. Meanwhile the current Toronto regime was quite happy to run it back with the same structure.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I’ll back off because I’m on a vitriol filed rant. I appreciate folks that can fire off thoughts thoughtfully. I digress
I appreciate it, and I'm not trying to push my luck, but aren't we effectively arguing the same thing (if in different ways).

Your response made it seem like you thought I was defending the Leafs.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
That was only ruined when Covid happened. Meanwhile the current Toronto regime was quite happy to run it back with the same structure.
Again, Dubas. Perhaps Shanahan.

Simple fact is, none of the big 4 are worth their contracts and why they were even so high to begin with, was Dubas. He just paid them for being young and flashy (with Matthews very FLASH MY ASSHY).

Reactions: DamonDRW

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I supppse that Counts… damn.. so much heartbreak I can’t even keep track

Similar thing happened in 2013. Bruins went up 3-1 winning Game 1, 3, and 4 then the Leafs forced Game 7 but choked the 4-1 lead in the third.

Series isn't over until someone wins 4.

Reactions: Devonator

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Looking at goal #3 and Matthews in it, I believe after McCabe levels Zacha, Marchand is Matthews's guy. But he just stands around and doesn't even defend, making Brodie have to deal with a 2-on-1(which he does terribly, but still).

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Similar thing happened in 2013. Bruins went up 3-1 winning Game 1, 3, and 4 then the Leafs forced Game 7 but choked the 4-1 lead in the third.

Series isn't over until someone wins 4.
bro come on man. you seen any of the games so far? only one team is playing hockey. the other is figure skating

the Leaf players are already in Muskoka at their cottages, they're calling in sick for game 5

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
bro come on man. you seen any of the games so far? only one team is playing hockey. the other is figure skating

the Leaf players are already in Muskoka at their cottages, they're calling in sick for game 5

I think Samsonov's been horrible. If the Leafs start him Game 5 the series is over. It might be over with Woll also but at least there's a chance.

Reactions: Antropovsky

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
When was the last time Boston blew a 3-1 series lead?
they blew a 3-0 lead didn't they? Against Philadelphia if I remember?

The Bruins have had their fair share of embarssments as well.

Oh well. They've been on top for a long time now. Their downturn is just around the corner

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Matthews 1 goal in 4 games. That would pace for roughly 20 goals in the regular season. I wonder why these guys can't get it done when it matters. It would be one thing if they only failed a few times but it's been 8 years.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
they blew a 3-0 lead didn't they? Against Philadelphia if I remember?

The Bruins have had their fair share of embarssments as well.

Oh well. They've been on top for a long time now. Their downturn is just around the corner

Yeah, they did.

They also blew a 3-1 lead just last season to Florida.

Matthews 1 goal in 4 games. That would pace for roughly 20 goals in the regular season. I wonder why these guys can't get it done when it matters. It would be one thing if they only failed a few times but it's been 8 years.

The medical staff pulled him from the game tonight due to illness. Also missed the last 2 skates and practices due to the same illness.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I think Samsonov's been horrible.
This is like saying water is wet.

The guy has been here way too long, and he better enjoy this last game if he starts it because he might never play another NHL game again. Decent guy but he joins the long list of all the other goalies who are forgotten here in the last 20 years.. Sammy is just a memory after Monday unfortunately

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
the guy does sh*t all in the playoffs, always has. He's never had a single playoff series where he did anything. ANYTHING. How many years has he been in the league now? How about Marchand, a far less talented player, not even in the same stratosphere, how many points does he have in these 4 games so far? 5 times the amount of Matthews?

Like what the f* is up with that? How the f* do you get a player who scores 70 goals in a season do f* all in the playoffs but a player who is 75% less talented can steal the series and score plenty more points in the playoffs for you? Those 70 goals mean f* all right now... but hey it's a really nice personal achievement right!!??

The problem is not with the players who come to Toronto, the problem is Toronto itself. There are too many problems playing here. The players know best but from a fan's perspective we can see the issues that drive players out of here. The media, the spotlight, the fans who bitch and complain like us on the internet... yes all teams have that but because Toronto is so big it's amplified and the players just crumble under the pressure of it all and then want out. Go to some Carolina or Columbus or some other team, ANY other team where they can actually live a normal life and not have to deal with the daily b.s. of playing here... this market is self-destructive and implodes on itself and to be honest it starts with the media first and second with the fans who post garbage like I'm doing right now.. I'm a part of the problem lol

It will never get better, that much is for sure

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Yeah, they did.

They also blew a 3-1 lead just last season to Florida.

The medical staff pulled him from the game tonight due to illness. Also missed the last 2 skates and practices due to the same illness.

Matthews and nylander playing hurt. But the leafs scored the 2nd most goals in the NHL this season so why in these 4 games are they averaging 1.5 goals a game when it's all on the line?

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Can’t believe Dubas brought in these bum assistant coaches and a collection of bad defensive players in Reaves, Domi, Bertuzzi, Edmundson and Lybushkin. How could he trade a 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th for Dewar, Edmundson, Lybushkin at the deadline for a team trying to win now? How do you not make any major surgery after being killed by Florida?

How could Dubas do this
Reeves has actually been decent so far in the playoffs outside of that big gaff in this game that led to a goal. As for Dewar, Edmundson, Lybushkin they've been fine as well. Sure they're not game breakers or anything, but they've done the job that they were brought in to do. Domi and Bertuzzi? They've looked decent so far in this series.

All of these guys aren't the real problem on this team when all our star players are having huge problems with producing offense which is what they're paid the biggest bucks to do.

Reactions: DamonDRW

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I can't believe that it's finally here. I think now that everyone is laughing at Toronto in unison, including so many of their own. And the ones not laughing have lost the will to fight back. It's sad. But also it's perfect because it is still happening exactly the way non Leafs fans said it would from the very start.

It's just a remarkable phenomenon of nature.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Dubas didn't bring them in. What he did was ruin the payment structure of Leafs for years to come by giving Tavares $11M. Then Matthews just HAD TO PAID more than that, then Marner just HAD to be paid close to that. What a clown show.
I seriously doubt that Matthews and Marner wouldn't be asking for about the same kind of money regardless if Tavares signed with the Leafs or not.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Matthews and nylander playing hurt. But the leafs scored the 2nd most goals in the NHL this season so why in these 4 games are they averaging 1.5 goals a game when it's all on the line?

They didn't have to play Swayman every game in the regular season is the clear answer. It's not like their regular season numbers against Swayman are any different. Regular season or playoffs, they had the same numbers against Swayman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad