Prospect Info: Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
This x1000. Blackwood is a freak athlete, that can't be taught. He's going to have plenty of time to develop his game.

It's very rare to play in the AHL as a goalie at the age he is. Seems like he's adjusting to the advanced speed and skill of professional hockey looking at the improvement in his stats lately. This is a very good sign I really think with his size and athletic ability he could be an NHL starter. I mean he easily could have been a 1st rounder back in 2015. He has a lot of value and is one of our top prospects. He can be an NHL starter if he has the mental aptitude for the game. As for Wedgewood and Appleby I think both of them could at least be backups in the NHL. We have a very good pool of goalie prospects.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Who is eligible for Binghamton next year?

Bastian, Speers, White?

Any player who is at least 20 years old by years end is eligible for the AHL in that season -- keep in mind this only applies to CHL prospects.

Blackwood was born in Dec 2016 so he was eligible to play in the AHL for the 2016-17. Bastian was born in Dec 2017, so he can play for Binghamton in 2017-18.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Auvitu is a scratch again. Are they running up against the development rule? You can only have a maxium of 5 non-development players in the lineup - Auvitu, Stollery, Gazdic, Pelley, and Gormley might be non-development players but I'm not seeing the other guy. It's very curious.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Auvitu is a scratch again. Are they running up against the development rule? You can only have a maxium of 5 non-development players in the lineup - Auvitu, Stollery, Gazdic, Pelley, and Gormley might be non-development players but I'm not seeing the other guy. It's very curious.
I guess they don't want to play him 3 straight games.

My lone hope is they free him to play the World Championship at home, in Paris, in may...

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Who is eligible for Binghamton next year?

Bastian, Speers, White?

I think Speers and White, given they will be in their draft +3 year are definits to move up, though Speers in NJ is not a terrible bet.

Gignac and Bastian as +2's? Blackwood went up in a similar spot. Is goalie different? Or maybe the team feels it's best to get prospects into the organization as soon as possible.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Albany Devils overcome a 2-0 3rd period deficit and win in OT @ St John's.

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/video/st-johns-icecaps-vs-albany-devils/16676

Rooney with the GWG
Appleby had a rough 1st period but settled down and earned the win with 32 saves.

http://theahl.com/game-summary?game_id=1016691

Lost last night to St Johns. 5-4. Were down 3-1 after 2, scored first 3 of the third, only to allow 2 goals within 40 seconds with 5 mins to go.

Mac Black stop 28 of 33. Devils also with 33 sog's.

Gazdic and Scarlett with 1 g 1 a apiece. Lappin with a goal and 4 sog's. Look's like Q with a dnp.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Albany will be fine in a month when they add:

Blandisi
Zacha
Wood
Santini

Some of Gignac/Speers/McLeod/Bastian/Kerfoot/Sissons will be heading there as well.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Big win for the A-Devs tonight - from 2-0 down to 4-3 winners. Pietila with 2 goals, Quennville 3 assists. The Albany Devils are not guaranteed a playoff spot by any means, so every game is critical.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Big win for the A-Devs tonight - from 2-0 down to 4-3 winners. Pietila with 2 goals, Quennville 3 assists. The Albany Devils are not guaranteed a playoff spot by any means, so every game is critical.

Yes big win.

They need to get enough points until their key players are returned from NJ.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

JQ up to 11g and 29 assists in 48 games.

I thought he was going to be more of a goal scorer, his statline honestly surprised me when I saw it the other day.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
JQ up to 11g and 29 assists in 48 games.

I thought he was going to be more of a goal scorer, his statline honestly surprised me when I saw it the other day.

He's maintaining a pace better than what Rico did in his first pro year.

Henrique 10-11 AHL, 25 G 50 P 73 Games, .68 PPG

Quenneville 16-17 AHL, 11 G 40 P 50 games, .8 PPG

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He's maintaining a pace better than what Rico did in his first pro year.

Henrique 10-11 AHL, 25 G 50 P 73 Games, .68 PPG

Quenneville 16-17 AHL, 11 G 40 P 50 games, .8 PPG

Probably about even.

JQ has the benefit of playing on a better team with better players to play with. The 2010-11 Albany roster is pretty ugly. Henrique also found a way to score 25 goals in his first pro season whereas JQ has only managed 11.

His shooting % is low considering the strength of his shot. I suspect poor shooting luck.

I supposed so. From what I've seen the release on his wrist shot takes a pretty long time. The power/accuracy is there, but I think he needs to learn how to be harder to read as a scorer. Reminds me of the James Neal Player's Tribune article:

I had to be in the middle of the circles between the hash marks to score on Marty. These guys were scoring from the top of the circles and from bad angles. They weren’t just shooting harder or more accurately than me. In the NHL, everybody shoots it hard. They were doing things before the puck even came off their stick to mess with Marty. I told myself after that first practice that I had to become a better shooter or I wouldn’t make it in the league. Since then, I’ve played in hundreds of NHL games and talked to a ton of different goalies. The real secret to scoring goals is all about the release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad