Prospect Info: Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
He came from out of nowhere last year as an ECHL callup, and played really well until the last couple months this season.

Is there potential? sure, goalies can come from out of nowhere, he did have a pretty long stretch of good play, he has good size, his junior #'s were good, his echl #'s were good.

Is he a safe bet? The more recent cold stretch have certainly lengthened those odds. But even there, Albany was going through some things like a team wide flu, and a bunch of callups to the big club gutting the squad. And he's 21.

It's funny that he was the starter for the junior team that Anthony Brodeur was drafted from. I suppose this could be how they first knew of him?

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
albany is doing another "river rats" promo. does anyone think they're promoting it a bit too much? could binghamton become the river rats?

I hope not. One beauty of the River Rats name is that they played like 0.25 miles from the Hudson River.

Looks like Binghamton does have a river. The Susquehanna, which is kinda wimpy compared to the Hudson.

Chances are, since the Devils own the franchise, that they'll continue to be named the Devils. Helps brand promotion for the big club.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
2-2 in the third vs the Bings. 30-13 shot advantage for A Devs. 19-2 sot advantage A devs in 2nd.

Kujo and MacDonald with G's. Blackwood in goal.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Jacob MacDonald, the guy trading Gormley opened a spot for, also scored so I'm not sure what the point is here.

Yeah I don't know either. MacDonald had more points than him in less games and even started out the year in the echl. No wonder they wanted to make room for him.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
3-1 Dev's with 10 to go in 3rd.

Straka and some guy named Greg Wolfe in addition to Q's opening goal.

MacDonal, Kujo, Jacobs, camper Pelly with A's. Mac Black has stopped 24 of 25.

Loov in the lineup(not sure if he was last night or not).

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
3-1 Dev's with 10 to go in 3rd.

Straka and some guy named Greg Wolfe in addition to Q's opening goal.

MacDonal, Kujo, Jacobs, camper Pelly with A's. Mac Black has stopped 24 of 25.

Loov in the lineup(not sure if he was last night or not).

I really hope Kujawinski gets increased playing time next year

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Just reading about this MacDonald now. Whats his ceiling or is he just AHL quality?

Obvious assumption is AHL quality is his max. This guy was in the ECHL just a month or so ago.

But if the guy keeps producing like he has? Factor in how bad the big club is? Maybe he gets a chance.

Fair to say that playing on a Cornell team completely devoid of fwd talent kept MacDonald off the radar. Looks like a pretty interesting find by Shero.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I really hope Kujawinski gets increased playing time next year

Needs to take advantage of the oppurtunities that present themself like the current one with so many Albany guys up in NJ.

Points in back to back, so it's a start.

Needs to stay healthy too.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
4-1 winners.

Gibbons adds the 4th. Assisted by Greg Wolfe. 1g, 1a on the night. Another MacDonald like out of nowhere find by Shero?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Wolfe has been a recurring ECHL fill-in when the A-Devils are desperate for forwards.

Ya, I see 3 games last year, tonight looks like his 2nd this year.

Smallish player who put up pretty decent offensive #'s at Michigan State. Turns 27 next month.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So Albany is currently 2nd in the North division one point behind Syracuse.

If we were in the Atlantic we'd be in 6th place, 5 points behind 5th place Hersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad