Biggest disappointment so far

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Nothing is a given, but just because he may not have the speed he once did doesn't mean he can't compensate in other areas. While I agree that he might not be the same player with the same skill set when he returns, he may be just as good and just as effective, albeit in other ways.

I don't think speed will be the most affected area by his injury. It's going to be his shiftiness or ability to change directions on a dime that will be affected most, which has been an important part of his game.

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
I don't think speed will be the most affected area by his injury. It's going to be his shiftiness or ability to change directions on a dime that will be affected most, which has been an important part of his game.

This is my fear. His elusivness is often what created scoring opportunities. I think the worst case scenario, is the Fabbri becomes a 2nd/3rd line tweener and loses several years later on in his career.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
This is my fear. His elusivness is often what created scoring opportunities. I think the worst case scenario, is the Fabbri becomes a 2nd/3rd line tweener and loses several years later on in his career.

Yeah, I have the same thoughts. And I think it’s fairly likely the ACL injuries will affect him in precisely the way you guys think. I hope it doesn’t but hardly anyone comes back to 100% (or better) compared to their pre-injury abilities.

I’ll just hope Fabs becomes a machine and is still able to be a good middle-6 player for many years. But if he loses his shiftiness, I could see that negatively impacting a 5’10” guy more than a bigger guy as that shiftiness is a big part of what made him effective as an undersized player.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Steen and Jbo for me. I will give JBo some wiggle room till xmas to pick up his play however.

Steen is playing like a scrub for 3/4 of his games however. Unacceptable.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The team's mental toughness. We have the talent, we just don't have the "whatever it takes" attitude to win.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Biggest disappointment so far?? That I actually went to the St. Louis local forum (the Asylum) and expected there would be anything positive and not the usual posters calling each other idiots and trying to prove their superior hockey knowledge while spending most of their time bashing the team, players, and management regardless of how the team is playing. Doesn't matter if the team is winning or losing, they are always set in their beliefs!!!

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Schwartz having a major injury again is my biggest disappointment. The blues were just ready to ice 3 scoring lines. Now they might go back to just one.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Injuries have been the biggest disappointment for me. Schwartz and Fabbri qualifies for an official FML.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
My biggest disappointment is that I live in ottawa and always watch the blues when they come play here. Last year Pietrangelo was day to day and played his first game back in ottawa which was nice, but this year it looks like there will be no Schwartz when I go to watch them play.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
I have to revise my disappointment. I think it has to be that people still refer to Tarasenko as tank or frank.

It also annoys me when people call him "Vlad," which is the diminutive of "Vladislav," not "Vladimir." But people around here are generally pretty good with using "Vova" instead.

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
Vova for lyfe. Can't mess it up and jinx him into any more of a scoring drought than he is currently wadding in. When I hear "Frank" or "Tank" at a game I cringe. I know it is harmless or unintentional/unknowing but if someone called me the wrong name time and time again, and I'm sure it happens when people bump into him in person, it would wear me out real quick.

ha especially with such a stupid nickname... "Tank/Frank" lmao. poor guy.

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
Sorry to stay on topic- biggest disappointment so far....

1) Injuries - Fabbri was a real let down, now combine that with Schwartz and his start/season... very sad.

2) Power Play- I am floored.

3) Consistency of play- I know they are winning and finishing games (the ghost 3rd periods of previous years seem to be vanishing) but I was hoping for quick fast North play this year with Yeo.... obviously the injuries and no Fabbri force an alteration/different perspective but I was and still am in the future looking forward to just blowing through the neutral zone.

overall I'm currently very satisfied with the team, coach, and general start to the season.
This week is going to be extremely tough but I believe they can step up as a whole and limp through.

Girth Butcher

Mar 15, 2014
St. Louis
My disappointment, aside from injuries, is that we keep hoping Paajarvi and Jaskin contribute. 22 minutes of ice time between them, 3 of our defenseman have more points. To me, their styles just don't fit our identity...whatever that is.

Call the wolves and give someone else a chance. Would be cheaper and maybe someone exceeds one or both of them.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
My disappointment, aside from injuries, is that we keep hoping Paajarvi and Jaskin contribute. 22 minutes of ice time between them, 3 of our defenseman have more points. To me, their styles just don't fit our identity...whatever that is.

Call the wolves and give someone else a chance. Would be cheaper and maybe someone exceeds one or both of them.
Jaskin has been awesome. He's putting up numbers.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Jaskin has been solid, especially lately. He's putting up good numbers for a 4th/3rd liner and has generally played well imo. Paajarvi doesn't technically look bad out there and has great speed he just can never seem to generate any consistent offense for some reason.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I would say mine is not having the ability to win games that ACTUALLY matter. Blues can win every meaningless game out there but as soon as they get in the ring with a div rival or someone close to us in the standings they **** the bed. Someone said it above about having whatever it takes to win and the Blues don’t.

Clutch wins cups and the Blues are allergic to being clutch.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Jaskin has been solid, especially lately. He's putting up good numbers for a 4th/3rd liner and has generally played well imo. Paajarvi doesn't technically look bad out there and has great speed he just can never seem to generate any consistent offense for some reason.
The reason is pretty clear, Paajarvi has zero offensive creativity.

Reactions: RoarBacon

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Tank has been a disappointment thus far. Great guy, stuck in a funk.

*oh, and I know calling him Tank annoys some of you, but so be it. I had no idea there were nickname police lurking in the boards...

Reactions: Edgar Carrow

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Tank has been a disappointment thus far. Great guy, stuck in a funk.

*oh, and I know calling him Tank annoys some of you, but so be it. I had no idea there were nickname police lurking in the boards...

Its actually Tarasenko himself who does not like the name. He does not like nicknames in general unless they are a shortening of the name. But "Tank" especially annoys him since it is an implement of war, and he's a peaceful guy. He asked to be called Vova if shortening is needed, as that is the official shortening of Valdimir in Russian, even if that makes no sense in English. Most people stopped calling him Tank/Frank out of respect to him, since he seems like a really good person (as you have said several times) and they want to respect his wishes. I do agree that some people can go a little far when people slip up, but that is why. Its not people policing every nickname, just this one that the player said they didn't like.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Since Schwartz went down, Tarasenko leads the team with 4 points in 5 games.

Sure, we'd all like more, but we need more from others.

*cough* Stastny *cough* Steen

Agreed on Stastny and Steen, but it seems like collectively, they've slowed down. Offense from the defensemen has seemed to dry up as well.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I dont think its fair to put Jaskin in the same catagory as PRV. Jaskin is playing well as well as being on pace for around 30 points. PRV is on pace for around 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad