Biggest disappointment so far

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I don’t mean this to be a pile-on or bitching thread.

If you don’t count Fabbri’s injury, which would have to win with flying colors as the biggest gut punch for this team, I have to say Barbashev has been the biggest let down. He didn’t come to camp ready to assert himself. Even if he were playing wing, I would have expected him to easily help this depleted top 9. But if you asked the coaches, I’d question who is closer to getting called up: Kostin or Barbashev? Barbashev has already blown a big opportunity this camp and early season. Will it turn into a regressed season and raise questions about his long term ceiling?

Another disappointment to a smaller degree is Parayko’s offensive play. His defense has continued to be solid, and he is still moving the puck well. But his shot is not enough of a factor in games.

Other disappointments?

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Our rookies. I expected more than just Dunn to hang around. No worries. They will eventually get here. No rush.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Barbashev has been a letdown for me. I was really expecting him to lockdown that 3C spot.
He's my 2nd disappointment. But I think they are doing him a favor. Instead of wasting time in the press box he's honing his skills in the AHL.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
barbashev is in the AHL

he definitely regressed and thats not good since he was being counted on to run that 3rd line while berglund was out

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
I think the PK has been most disappointing so far because it was such a strength last year.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
The biggest disappointment for me has been the special teams.

Also, I feel like I need to shut down this Parayko has been a disappointment BS I have been hearing. Yes I would like for him to be shooting the puck more often to make it more of a weapon. However his point totals I am not disappointed in at all. With Shattenkirk leaving people assumed that Parayko would be getting a bigger chunk of offensive starts, he hasn't. Parayko's even strength offensive zone starts are down 8% and his defensive zone starts are up 8%. That is a 16% swing and there is no way that it hasn't had an effect on his slow start points wise.

Reference: https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/p/parayco01.html

Reactions: nonzerochance

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
The biggest disappointment for me has been the special teams.

Also, I feel like I need to shut down this Parayko has been a disappointment BS I have been hearing. Yes I would like for him to be shooting the puck more often to make it more of a weapon. However his point totals I am not disappointed in at all. With Shattenkirk leaving people assumed that Parayko would be getting a bigger chunk of offensive starts, he hasn't. Parayko's even strength offensive zone starts are down 8% and his defensive zone starts are up 8%. That is a 16% swing and there is no way that it hasn't had an effect on his slow start points wise.

Reference: https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/p/parayco01.html
Pang mentioned comments from Yeo that pretty well team aren’t happy with Parayko’s offensive play either.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Pang mentioned comments from Yeo that pretty well team aren’t happy with Parayko’s offensive play either.

I must have missed that. I personally however am not disappointed in him at all. There are some things I think he needs to tweak in his game, mainly just being a little more aggressive offensively but I don't feel like he has been a disappointment.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I must have missed that. I personally however am not disappointed in him at all. There are some things I think he needs to tweak in his game, mainly just being a little more aggressive offensively but I don't feel like he has been a disappointment.

In his own zone he is just stellar. But I have to say I am disappointed in his offensive zone play. He defers so much, his release on the Blues line has not improved. Luckily it is correctable. He can flip the switch whenever he wants.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Berglund, he's been a complete ghost :sarcasm:

But in all honesty, special teams, the PK especially. I figured there'd still be a few hiccups from missing Shattenkirk, but definitely not to the extent that it's gotten to. But the PK has taken a massive step back compared to last season.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
That bum Bouwmeester has contributed nothing! I hate the silly faces he makes. :( Seriously, special teams. The PP has always been a problem, but the PK, that used to be one of our biggest strengths, one that I was really proud of. :(

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
No serious disappointments. If you would've told me we were doing this we'll post Fabbri injury I would have laughed in your face

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
The revolving door that is the 3rd line. Some guys really need to step up and separate themselves from the others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad