Biggest disappointment so far

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Bouw & Gunnarson are still on team. With all that depth on D, those guys should of been traded a long time ago for assets to boost the offense.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Bouw & Gunnarson are still on team. With all that depth on D, those guys should of been traded a long time ago for assets to boost the offense.
What depth on D? So you trade Bo and Gunnar, who's left? Is your LD Ed-Dunn-Walman ? Two rookies in your top six, and one on the second pairing? Not sure I like that. What if Ed gets hurt? He does plays a physical game. Dunn-Walman-Lindbohm-Mikkola (if available)-Butler? Looks pretty scary to me. You're in a similar situation if Dunn goes down. My point is, there is nobody ready to replace the minutes Bo gets right now, (yes that includes Dunn), and if Gunnar gets moved as well, your one injury away from disaster. Apart from Dunn, our D prospects just aren't ready. I can see Gunnar maybe being moved at the TDL if everyone is healthy.

Reactions: High n Wide

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
This week:

Steen, Stasny, Taresenko, Sobotka, Petro, Bergland

Jaden is out, so rise up and over come.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
What depth on D? So you trade Bo and Gunnar, who's left? Is your LD Ed-Dunn-Walman ? Two rookies in your top six, and one on the second pairing? Not sure I like that. What if Ed gets hurt? He does plays a physical game. Dunn-Walman-Lindbohm-Mikkola (if available)-Butler? Looks pretty scary to me. You're in a similar situation if Dunn goes down. My point is, there is nobody ready to replace the minutes Bo gets right now, (yes that includes Dunn), and if Gunnar gets moved as well, your one injury away from disaster. Apart from Dunn, our D prospects just aren't ready. I can see Gunnar maybe being moved at the TDL if everyone is healthy.

Well, let's put it this, they got a lot of depth on D and DA has stood too idle on what to do. Maybe it is too aggressive to jettison both Gunnar & Bouw, but my goodness one of those guys should of been dealt before the year started.

Schmaltz looks like a good player to me & the Blues can't play him because they got Petro and Parayko locked in as their top 2. And I take it they like the size and physicality Bortuzzo gives the team so he's been the favorite for the 3rd guy. So it does the Blues no good sitting on Schmaltz and potentially driving down his trade value when in reality this kid has good potential. Not a fan of how they've handled this kids situation.

I see your point about the Left side but it wouldn't be the end of the world if you had to rotate between Lindbohm and Butler with Bortuzzo & Schmaltz as your 3rd pair.

justde

Apr 12, 2015
Of course both Bouw and Gunnar is past their prime, but there is no way that players like Schmaltz, Lindbohm or Butler are ready to fill their roles for more than a couple of games. It is one thing to get called up a couple of games with no pressure, and a completely other thing to fill the full position against the best forwards in the world. The prospects has to mature in a pace that either hurt them or the team. If they are good enough -their time will come. It is very sad that solid true NHL-players like Bouw and Gunnar doesn´t get the fair respect they are worth.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Schmaltz and Lindbohm are 24 and have had multiple seasons in the AHL, it's sink or swim time. How do we know they can't handle it for more than a couple of games? We've never seen either for more than a couple of games. Pretty hard to establish yourself if by the time you start to feel comfortable, the guy you're replacing gets healthy or you get sat for a couple of games and then are thrown back in and you're basically starting from scratch. Don't get me wrong, they haven't done anything spectacular where people are pounding their fist on the table saying they need to be playing, but at some point, they have to be given an extended look.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I thought Lindbohm was great in his first extended call up a few years ago, then they just never brought him back up for more than a game or two.

justde

Apr 12, 2015
It,s not that Blues don´t let young d-prospects up. The last years we have had Colton, Ed and Dunn. They have all shown something extra.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Lindbohm just never progressed further than he was in his first games he was up. Then Edmundson hurdled over him and just kept going. And now Dunn has done the same thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad