OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: I'm Already Sick of Holiday Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's called the EA Method.

Speaking of EA, my co-worker's son gave me NHL18 for PS4 for free, I figured ok it's free, I might as well give it a go. Made a 32nd team for Franchise mode, as the Seattle Metropolitans and the stupid game didn't use the current roster, so I was able to draft Hischier as I somehow got the 1st overall pick. Jeez.

EA method, not even a joke.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Which is fine, which is what we were all fine with prior to the update which seems to go around apps we have all added to make this site a better experience.

Not only has the update made this site sluggish to peruse, it's also found some way to circumvent an ad blocker, which we all are allowed to use much to the people that own this site's chagrin for lining their pockets, which in the end, is their right, just as it is ours when we use that ad blocker. But that's not even the point, if the ads are what makes this site so amazingly slow, that it some how helps push the narrative of "well if you want it smoother, buy our subscription" then yeah, that is shady crap. I'm sorry that angers you, I am not saying anything that isn't within the rules.

The site is slow for the vast majority of users, on various browsers. It's not just a small problem for a few, its a wide spread one. Ruining the experience for people to talk hockey or whatever else they come here for, you know, a place built on the community of said people.

Don't try to tell me how I'm feeling. If you want to believe in some weird conspiracy, go right ahead. Don't let actual information get in the way of shaping your narrative.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Don't try to tell me how I'm feeling. If you want to believe in some weird conspiracy, go right ahead. Don't let actual information get in the way of shaping your narrative.

Lol, what? Good lord. That is quite the response, seriously.

my only real complaint is that it keeps logging me out

It logs me out a lot as well, even when I have selected the option not to be logged out.

It's frozen on me a few times already and the game hasn't even started. Should be a fun posting session.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
The intrusive ads are the worst.

I wouldn't be upset if they were small and out of the way, but full screen? Come on, now.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Curious what you guys think for being wrong.

So we picked up food to bring to the pot luck, on the way to the house, I was to pick up booze (she's the DD for the night, I'll be DD tomorrow night), while we head there, I am behind this insanely slow driver, I honk to get the guy to at least drive to 50km/hr, dude is barely hitting 40, doesn't but that's fine I am just gonna be patient in this situation. My gf decides to back seat drive me and says "Get in the far right lane" I am like ok whatever, I do, light turns red and I look up ahead, the turn in is blocked by a car, she's like "Well is that turn before or after the car" and I said "after" and I look over, dude in the car is an older guy, I am like ok I am not trying to race, I just need to get in front of this guy as there are a lot of cars behind him, dude speeds up! Doesn't want to let me in at all, the cars behind him see he's being a total dick, they slow down so I can get in, being annoyed, I high beam the guy for barely 10 seconds and I turn in, my gf is calling me an asshole and just going off on me and I snap and tell her to not critique my driving as I don't do it to her.

So here I am at home now, looking at take out menu while she still thinks it was his right to speed up and block me out and that I am the total dick for high beaming him and decided I should just go home while she enjoys the thanksgiving dinner, fine by me. I don't think I was wrong. What do you guys think? Just had to vent. I am sitting here contemplating just cabbing it to a bar with my buddies and sit through a Canucks game with them, which is another form of torture.

Are robot women advanced yet?

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Curious what you guys think for being wrong.

So we picked up food to bring to the pot luck, on the way to the house, I was to pick up booze (she's the DD for the night, I'll be DD tomorrow night), while we head there, I am behind this insanely slow driver, I honk to get the guy to at least drive to 50km/hr, dude is barely hitting 40, doesn't but that's fine I am just gonna be patient in this situation. My gf decides to back seat drive me and says "Get in the far right lane" I am like ok whatever, I do, light turns red and I look up ahead, the turn in is blocked by a car, she's like "Well is that turn before or after the car" and I said "after" and I look over, dude in the car is an older guy, I am like ok I am not trying to race, I just need to get in front of this guy as there are a lot of cars behind him, dude speeds up! Doesn't want to let me in at all, the cars behind him see he's being a total dick, they slow down so I can get in, being annoyed, I high beam the guy for barely 10 seconds and I turn in, my gf is calling me an ******* and just going off on me and I snap and tell her to not critique my driving as I don't do it to her.

So here I am at home now, looking at take out menu while she still thinks it was his right to speed up and block me out and that I am the total dick for high beaming him and decided I should just go home while she enjoys the thanksgiving dinner, fine by me. I don't think I was wrong. What do you guys think? Just had to vent. I am sitting here contemplating just cabbing it to a bar with my buddies and sit through a Canucks game with them, which is another form of torture.

Are robot women advanced yet?

High beaming him serves absolutely no purpose and could have even been dangerous depending on the time of day.

He was wrong for driving dangerously, your girlfriend was wrong to back seat drive (God I f***ing hate when people do that) and you were wrong for high beaming him.

That's my take. Everybody's wrong!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It was dark and there was no traffic in front of him and he was at least 2 blocks away from the next light, there was literally no risk of him doing anything but flip his mirror down so he didn't have to see it. So I wasn't trying to get the guy in an accident or anything, good grief no.

I'm just going to go hit the gym, might as well burn off this angry energy.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I definitely don't think you were trying to harm him, it was just an expression of frustration.

The fact that it was dark out, though, makes it way more dangerous IMO. He's an older guy and people often react to unexpected stimuli in stupid ways.

I sympathize with you because I can't stand assholes who drive slow until you try to pass them and suddenly they express their unfulfilled desire to be a Nascar driver, but it's still not the best idea to flash someone with your high beams.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I definitely don't think you were trying to harm him, it was just an expression of frustration.

The fact that it was dark out, though, makes it way more dangerous IMO. He's an older guy and people often react to unexpected stimuli in stupid ways.

I sympathize with you because I can't stand *******s who drive slow until you try to pass them and suddenly they express their unfulfilled desire to be a Nascar driver, but it's still not the best idea to flash someone with your high beams.
Yeah that's what I was trying to point out to her, but nope, I was wrong no matter what.

Gym was a good choice, I feel very relaxed now.

Reactions: Brandinho

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Backseat driving in general is the worst. Half of the time they're not even paying attention to the road so their perceptions are off to begin with. I tell people that if they don't like my driving, they can choose not to ride with me, but stow the commentary while I'm behind the wheel.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Backseat driving in general is the worst. Half of the time they're not even paying attention to the road so their perceptions are off to begin with. I tell people that if they don't like my driving, they can choose not to ride with me, but stow the commentary while I'm behind the wheel.

I told her multiple times, if you don't like me driving, then drive. Don't complain each time I drive. I either stop at a red light and I'm not far enough from a car, I'm too close, etc etc..it's like shut up, if you want to drive, first go get your own car, then go drive your ass yourself.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Went to Phantom Fright Nights tonight with my girlfriend, her niece and her niece's friend.

I can't say it was overly scary, but I did get to see a lady black out on the Aero 360, so there's that.

I was kind of surprised that there weren't a lot of clowns running around with It being such a big deal right now.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I told her multiple times, if you don't like me driving, then drive. Don't complain each time I drive. I either stop at a red light and I'm not far enough from a car, I'm too close, etc etc..it's like shut up, if you want to drive, first go get your own car, then go drive your ass yourself.

I was taught that when you pull up behind another car you should be able to see their back wheels. Can't see, too close.

Another thing I do here due to driving an automatic now, no matter how long I am stopped for, the car goes into park and the handbrake applied. I ain't sitting at the lights holding my foot in the brakes.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I would say that telling someone not to high beam people isn't really a case of backseat driving. High beaming someone is a dick move that happens to be performed while driving, but it has nothing to do with actually driving. It's kind of equivalent to giving someone the finger, but with the added bonus of being dangerous.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Is it me or does this site feel a lot slower today? Still getting issues going page to page and loading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad