OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: I'm Already Sick of Holiday Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon877130

Sep 27, 2017
Is HF being ****y for anyone else randomly? Like it randomly zooms in, takes a long time to load and doesn't let me post.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Also:
tumblr_o96sidKpWx1v6w3juo1_500.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So, today I got to watch Air Force One land at McCarren Airport in Vegas. For those who know the airport, just south of the airport property is Sunset Road. I was right across the street at my wife's office as it was landing. Leaving politics out of it, it's kind of surreal, in general but especially given the last few days here, watching it approach slowly, pass by as it's landing, and then taxi back past (I was within a football field at closest, I'd guess).

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Today I heard possibly the dumbest thing I've heard in my entire life, at least in person.

I'm talking to a lady I work with and she's jokingly saying she's disappointed that as her daughter gets older she looks more and more like her ex husband. This other dude chimes in with "maybe she's not yours".

We think he's joking at first, but then he doubles down on it. How does he think pregnancy and child birth work? It's been almost twelve hours and I'm still just as baffled now as I was then.

It's like the verbal equivalent of an MC Escher painting.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Today I heard possibly the dumbest thing I've heard in my entire life, at least in person.

I'm talking to a lady I work with and she's jokingly saying she's disappointed that as her daughter gets older she looks more and more like her ex husband. This other dude chimes in with "maybe she's not yours".

We think he's joking at first, but then he doubles down on it. How does he think pregnancy and child birth work? It's been almost twelve hours and I'm still just as baffled now as I was then.

That's almost, like... performance art. Can anyone actually be that dumb?

Hell, I dunno if it's even dumb it's so dumb. Now I'm just as confused as you are.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

...does he think the ex husband swapped out their baby with an affair baby? :laugh:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Hospital switched them, maybe? It has happened.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
When you have adblock but you still get adverts.

Also experiencing issues that others are having. Slow too.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Dec 15th will spell the official death of AOL Instant Messenger. Anyone of my particular age bracket will greet this news with a wistful nostalgia as well as the desire to try and remember all the stupid song lyrics I would post as my profile info back in college.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Dec 15th will spell the official death of AOL Instant Messenger. Anyone of my particular age bracket will greet this news with a wistful nostalgia as well as the desire to try and remember all the stupid song lyrics I would post as my profile info back in college.

I was more of an ICQ guy, myself.

I guess I'm still a little surprised that it has even existed this long.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I definitely had one of those moments. The kind you get when you read about a celebrity death and you're sure they died in early 2008.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
The site runs like shit. Lags like crazy, full-screen ads even with ublock.

It almost feels like a crazy chrome memory leak issue, but the same shit happens in firefox.

This update has been pretty f***ing awful. The site feels barely usable now.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The site runs like ****. Lags like crazy, full-screen ads even with ublock.

It almost feels like a crazy chrome memory leak issue, but the same **** happens in firefox.

This update has been pretty ****ing awful. The site feels barely usable now.

This, 100% this.

I swear, the more this site tries to update and I mean with personnel and even design and other stuff, it progressively gets worse. It's almost impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad