OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: I'm Already Sick of Holiday Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
For those of you who have been to Iceland/Reykjavik, what should and should I not do?

Also, what's the currency situation like. Likewise for the electrical outlets.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Get out of Reykjavik and go on a bus tour. I did a mini-bus tour, less than 6 people and was taken to a little town called Vik on the beach, black sand etc. We also went to a glacier, waterfall, geysers etc. Great times.

Take $$$$$$$$ bloody expensive.

Blue Lagoon, save for the end of the trip and go on your way to the airport, nice way to say goodbye as you relax in the spa. If the time is right go and try see the Northern Lights.

If you like horses they have plenty of horseriding tours too, even if you are complete novice.

Standard European plug adapter required.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Never say that out loud (or, err, type it). The moment you say something like that is the moment your streak ends.

For instance, I'm proud to say I've never been struck by light ....ACK!
Is that how that works? I've never been felt up by Brooklyn Decker...*doorbell rings*...

Oh my.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Went to Phantom Fright Nights tonight with my girlfriend, her niece and her niece's friend.

I can't say it was overly scary, but I did get to see a lady black out on the Aero 360, so there's that.

I was kind of surprised that there weren't a lot of clowns running around with It being such a big deal right now.
i usually like going to that, but the lines are so long you can only get in a few haunted houses before it's time to go

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I enjoyed working in the haunted houses at Phantom Fright Nights a lot more than I ever actually enjoyed going to haunted houses. Being an unhinged murderous clown will always be up there as far as 'menial minimum wage jobs' are concerned.
Ah I see you are playing Cuphead. I love the artwork in that game and it's sadistic levels of difficulty.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Star Wars tickets acquired.

also, it makes me so happy that I reserved seats are standard now, and that the first showing is at 7 instead of midnight.

Last edited:

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
i usually like going to that, but the lines are so long you can only get in a few haunted houses before it's time to go

Yeah, the lines were insane and it was made even worse by the fact that we had two 13 year olds with us who didn't want to wait for anything.

I enjoyed working in the haunted houses at Phantom Fright Nights a lot more than I ever actually enjoyed going to haunted houses. Being an unhinged murderous clown will always be up there as far as 'menial minimum wage jobs' are concerned.

I sic'd one of the couple killer clowns there on my girlfriend. He was going to pass us by without incident but I yelled out "she's afraid of clowns" and he doubled back. Took a pretty good elbow to the ribs but it was totally worth it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm heading to bed now. I get to wake up to a new Star Wars trailer. :)
200.gif

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
She told some creepy dude she works with to message me on Facebook because I play guitar and he wants to start a band that's "like Korn but with more rapping" and no, it wasn't because she thought I'd be interested.

I'm not sure if we're even yet.

That'd be grounds for a break-up in my world. ;) :laugh: :sarcasm:

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I don't like ESPN, but check scores there sometimes. The new Star Wars trailer is the second thing you see on their website.

They wonder why they're losing viewers. They don't even try to cover sports anymore. THERE WERE SO MANY SPORT THINGS TONIGHT!

That being said, it's about time they got some good content. :yoda:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Star Wars tickets acquired.

also, it makes me so happy that I reserved seats are standard now, and that the first showing is at 7 instead of midnight.
Is Star Wars supposed to sell out or something? Or is this an opening night thing?

I went to the Force Awakens when it first came out, but not on opening night. I had no trouble getting tickets for it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is Star Wars supposed to sell out or something? Or is this an opening night thing?

I went to the Force Awakens when it first came out, but not on opening night. I had no trouble getting tickets for it.

Yeah I had no issue getting tickets on the day off, without booking, for Rogue One or Force Awakens.

I see they found more toy marketing ideas after seeing the trailer, whatever that weird slug thing is to compete with their other Disney toy wonder, Baby Groot and BB8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad