Rumor: Bergevin expects Pacioretty back next year with the Canadiens

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I for one cannot wait for Mad Max to conveniently score his series winning goals when necessary. Look it up, love to see Max carrying the 25th Habs SC. The Wolverine Spirit is strong with that one.

Reactions: otto bond

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I don't want Pacioretty here for one more game but with the trade of Galchenyuk I have to wonder if they have already come to an agreement with patch?
Or maybe they realized that drafting Zadina was the only option with the 3OA pick. That to me was always the decision with Galchenyuk, was if you were picking Zadina that would make Galchenyuk redundant. Not saying it's right and it's not what I would do but it's what I thought the Habs brass would or will end up doing.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Or maybe they realized that drafting Zadina was the only option with the 3OA pick. That to me was always the decision with Galchenyuk, was if you were picking Zadina that would make Galchenyuk redundant. Not saying it's right and it's not what I would do but it's what I thought the Habs brass would or will end up doing.
It Should be an interesting week.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Pacioretty is a perfect example of "Die a hero a live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

Max used to be loved until people had expectations that were beyond his pedigree.

The same would've happened to other young players who shall not be named if they got the roles people envisioned for them.

The problem is and has always been a lack of high end talent. It forces guys like Max to expectations they cannot meet.

This isn't to say Max's playoff no shows are that simple but it doesn't help.

This guy should get traded because as the quote says, he's lived long enough to be the villain.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Get him off this team. He may put up big points somewhere else but that contract spells disaster. Patrick Marleau wasn’t nearly as one dimensional and streaky as Pacioretty.

I agree I'm really not convinced Max can do great anywhere.
He wouldn't get nearly the reps he gets here without earning them.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He's the only guy on this team, who can score from the perimeter now.

We trade him that leaves Gallagher & he's limited. He plays mostly a short game. 10 feet in front of the net.

You can say the same about Lehkonen, Byron, Shaw. Who's going to score on this team? Scherbak?

You need a Pacioretty/Galchenyuk to draw guys out to the perimeter & open up space in front. Otherwise all teams have to do is collapse & block out the slot.

I mean how many shut-outs did we have against us last season, or one goal games?

Pacioretty is a perimeter player, but he can score from there. The guy had a shit season, was heavily criticised, got injured & still put up 17 goals.

We trade him for a D or a non-scorer and we'll probably have 40-50 games where we score one goal or less.

It's going to get Buffalo tanking for McDavid bad. Maybe worse. In the long run, it's for the best. But, man, I can't watch it.

As soon as we traded Chucky, the possibility that we keep Pacioretty became really really high.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He's the only guy on this team, who can score from the perimeter now.

We trade him that leaves Gallagher & he's limited. He plays mostly a short game. 10 feet in front of the net.

You can say the same about Lehkonen, Byron, Shaw. Who's going to score on this team? Scherbak?

You need a Pacioretty/Galchenyuk to draw guys out to the perimeter & open up space in front. Otherwise all teams have to do is collapse & block out the slot.

I mean how many shut-outs did we have against us last season, or one goal games?

Pacioretty is a perimeter player, but he can score from there. The guy had a **** season, was heavily criticised, got injured & still put up 17 goals.

We trade him for a D or a non-scorer and we'll probably have 40-50 games where we score one goal or less.

It's going to get Buffalo tanking for McDavid bad. Maybe worse. In the long run, it's for the best. But, man, I can't watch it.

As soon as we traded Chucky, the possibility that we keep Pacioretty became really really high.

Since when can he score from the perimeter? He’s a north/south player and we currently have nobody who can get him the puck from the backend. By the time Mete and/if whatever defenceman we draft is ready, he’ll be well past his prime.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
This pisses me off more than the trades honestly. I really want to see this guy elsewhere at this point.

Seven-eight years Brisson? Not as captain of the habs dear god.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Since when can he score from the perimeter? He’s a north/south player and we currently have nobody who can get him the puck.

Pacioretty can score from the high slot or from around the circles. It has nothing to do with how he plays the game, but where he can score from.

The guy has one of the best releases in the game & a heavy shot. He doesn't need be 10 feet in front with an EN to score, like the rest of our guys.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Pacioretty can score from the high slot or from around the circles. It has nothing to do with how he plays the game, but where he can score from.

The guy has one of the best releases in the game & a heavy shot. He doesn't need be 10 feet in front with an EN to score, like the rest of our guys.

He skies shots from the perimeter a lot more then he hits them. He’s not a perimeter player at all. He’s a rush player. His shot is heavy when he has extra strides to shoot. His accuracy when he has time has always been terrible. I’m not sure where you’re getting this from.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If the Habs draft Tkachuk @ 3 and then re-signs Pacioretty to a new long term contract for 7M+ I think HF Habs would implode and it would be the end of this board. :)

plus the galchenyuk trade.. if all 3 of these things happen (1/3 right now), you will see an even bigger uproar Marc..

Max absolutely cannot get this contract while Weber and Price's contracts are on the team, it just cannot happen

Reactions: Pickles

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
plus the galchenyuk trade.. if all 3 of these things happen (1/3 right now), you will see an even bigger uproar Marc..

Max absolutely cannot get this contract while Weber and Price's contracts are on the team, it just cannot happen

Expect the unexpected.

Remember this isn't PlayStation. Unless your talking about the Domi trade. That trade gets accepted on PlayStation. Everytime. Even when trades are set to hard. And you have salary cap turned on. And you ask for a pick as well. A second rounder. And then in the message that pops up the Arizona GM is berating you.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Pacioretty is a perfect example of "Die a hero a live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

Max used to be loved until people had expectations that were beyond his pedigree.

The same would've happened to other young players who shall not be named if they got the roles people envisioned for them.

The problem is and has always been a lack of high end talent. It forces guys like Max to expectations they cannot meet.

This isn't to say Max's playoff no shows are that simple but it doesn't help.

This guy should get traded because as the quote says, he's lived long enough to be the villain.

I don't know man, Montreal fans never really gave the guy his due.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
With UFAs like van Reimsdyk Neal, Kovalchuk back in the NHL and Hoffman on the block, the return for a scoring winger like Patch is probably not very high, next deadline should fletch a better return...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
With UFAs like van Reimsdyk Neal, Kovalchuk back in the NHL and Hoffman on the block, the return for a scoring winger like Patch is probably not very high, next deadline should fletch a better return...
He should have been the one to go instead of Subban and now it's happened again and Galchenyuk goes and casper is still going to be here! The outcome is going to be very predictable here with the habs. High picks for years to come but it will be a nearly impossible task for the new gm to try and mop up. Price, Weber and soon to be Pacioretty on handcuffing contracts that no team will want to touch.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Pickles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad