OT: Bears & NFL Talk 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Three coaches visiting Texas. Probably for Mitchell (in case of trade down), Murphy, Brooks.

I doubt they're super interested in Sweat, unless the plan is to form a Sweat-Sweat super duo, but now that the Eagles re-signed Sweat, the dream of a Sweat-Sweat-Sweat super trio is dead.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If they get a 2nd and Sweat is there they should be interested

He is exactly the DT this defense needs. Outside of Sweat we have nothing of note up front

Dexter flashed some potential but Pickens didn't show anything

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
If Alt and Turner are both there at 9, who would you take?
Feels like Alt is a different caliber of talent. He's the near-undisputed top of a very strong OT class where Turner has some challengers in a pretty weak class for edge rushers. Edge is far and away the bigger area of need but grabbing a franchise LT to pair with a new QB is very tempting.

But I also think the Titans are Alt's floor and it won't be a decision the Bears have to make

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I’d think Alt would be the pick if he’s bpa. We got sweat for a second, and that turned out fantastic, but there’s no way you can get a top tier left tackle without paying through the nose.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
If Alt and Turner are both there at 9, who would you take?

Good question. Edge is the bigger need and Jones has improved and been pretty good at LT - but - if Alt is supposed to be this all-pro type tackle it would be hard to pass on having Alt and Wright as bookend anchors for the next decade. Braxton would be a super sub to have behind them. Still not thrilled with the interior but the tackle situation would be great.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
LT is not a need (Same with TE)

People must have forgotten when Sweat was ghost to end year partly as a result of teams adjusting to him after his hot streak

Bears need another pass rusher. You can't go into season with just Sweat as threat to QB as he is streaky and can be contained

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Alt. Getting a high end Tackle to protect the, potential, franchise QB your drafting the same year is the most paramount need.
If Alt gets to 8, I could see LV or Den or someone else jump up and swap with ATL who seem like they want a Defensive player.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I just watched a 20 minute YouTube video on Caleb Williams' throws from the pocket. He has what the very best QB's have and that is quick and accurate delivery. From the time he recognizes the play until the ball is out of his hand is sooo much faster then what Justin could do - and I'm a big Justin fan but Justin could not flip the pass at such a quick motion the way Caleb can. Used to drive me crazy having to watch Rodgers kill our Bears with that blink of an eye delivery - boom and the ball was out. That's the way it looks when Caleb fires the ball.

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
LT is not a need (Same with TE)

People must have forgotten when Sweat was ghost to end year partly as a result of teams adjusting to him after his hot streak

Bears need another pass rusher. You can't go into season with just Sweat as threat to QB as he is streaky and can be contained
You can likely replicate the impact the top pass rushers in this draft will produce for this upcoming year with some of the names that are still out there in FA. So if all you're worried about is immediate need there isn't necessarily a reason to spend a top 10 pick on a lesser talent when someone like Alt is available (again, he won't be). Same goes for Odunze/Nabers.

They do need to address the long-term outlook at edge so I wouldn't be mad at the pick if it's Turner or Verse. But this may not be the ideal draft to do it when the premiere talents are at other high-value positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad