Could this team potentially win a Stanley cup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Maybe but probably not?

Do you mean right now or all players at their peaks?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
If I let lucky charms soak long enough, what color does the milk turn? And other random things I would like to know.

Sure man, that squad beats the Monstars in 7.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Prime Crosby- yes, it would be serious contender

Current Crosby- likely 1st round fodder.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
You haven't watched Sid play recently, have you? Check out the 2024 NHLPA player poll.

Don't care about player polls (and most players don't care about the polls either), and I watched him often enough to know that he's not his prime version (ie. best player in the league by quite significant margin)- yes, he's still very good, but not enough to carry just decent team to championship.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Don't care about player polls (and most players don't care about the polls either), and I watched him often enough to know that he's not his prime version (ie. best player in the league by quite significant margin)- yes, he's still very good, but not enough to carry just decent team to championship.
That would be a better than decent team just based on defense and goaltending.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
maybe a second round exit. some very good star players but not much for a supporting cast.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Not a chance in hell. They'd be at best in the ballpark of Nashville/Pittsburgh/Tampa.

Nashville is down 2-1 to a backup goalie, Pittsburgh missed the playoffs, and Tampa on paper looks like a better team and even they're about to get swept by a real contender.

Vasi is great and that's an above average D group, but those centers after Crosby are just so f***ing bad

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
You haven't watched Sid play recently, have you? Check out the 2024 NHLPA player poll.
Is that the same Sid whose team missed the playoffs this year?

Is this proposed team better than the current Penguins? If they are, it isn't enough to make that team a legitimate cup contender.

Reactions: Dhakhan

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Today? I would say no. I always look at center first, and you have an aging Crosby that is still good but its not enough on the whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad