Barracuda News and Discussion 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
The bolded is pretty accurate.

He's not bad, but he's also not standing out in any way so far.

I thought the first few games he stood out, but not in the good way. He's completely misplayed a 2 on 1 at least twice, maybe more (To be fair, I don't think any defender on this team knows what to do when they're facing a 2 on 1. They all get hung up trying to decide whether to take the pass away or step up on the shooter and inevitably leave their goaltender out to dry.) Early on, I thought he was going to be a disaster (and yes, I realize making those sort of judgments after just a couple of games are silly. Even now, I've only seen him play in person 7 times, I think....)

He's improving though. I'm noticing him here and there for good things, and there are fewer bad things that I see.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I thought the first few games he stood out, but not in the good way. He's completely misplayed a 2 on 1 at least twice, maybe more (To be fair, I don't think any defender on this team knows what to do when they're facing a 2 on 1. They all get hung up trying to decide whether to take the pass away or step up on the shooter and inevitably leave their goaltender out to dry.) Early on, I thought he was going to be a disaster (and yes, I realize making those sort of judgments after just a couple of games are silly. Even now, I've only seen him play in person 7 times, I think....)

He's improving though. I'm noticing him here and there for good things, and there are fewer bad things that I see.

See, I'd say the opposite. Last couple games I thought he played some of his worst hockey all season. Weird decisions and bad plays with the puck. Rest of the season I haven't noticed him do anything at all. There are entire games I forget he's there.

Doesn't help that these defensemen are almost interchangeable. Except Brodzinski, because that guy even stands out as noticeably bad compared to the rest. Average skaters, decent but not great shots, occasional boneheaded decisions. That's basically everyone.

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
See, I'd say the opposite. Last couple games I thought he played some of his worst hockey all season. Weird decisions and bad plays with the puck. Rest of the season I haven't noticed him do anything at all. There are entire games I forget he's there.

Doesn't help that these defensemen are almost interchangeable. Except Brodzinski, because that guy even stands out as noticeably bad compared to the rest. Average skaters, decent but not great shots, occasional boneheaded decisions. That's basically everyone.

It's probably because you're on the wrong side of the ice, so you see it differently. ;) Seriously though, at least 2 of the 2 on 1's that he blew were right in front of me (we're on the blue line in 114) and I wanted to throw something at him. Both those were pretty early, so he caught my eye as being suspect defensively then, and now he looks on par with the other defensemen.

You're right though, they basically have 7 of the same guy, and none of them stand out in any appreciable way.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017

Even DiSimone? He looked like a great skater last year

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic

It's probably because you're on the wrong side of the ice, so you see it differently. ;) Seriously though, at least 2 of the 2 on 1's that he blew were right in front of me (we're on the blue line in 114) and I wanted to throw something at him. Both those were pretty early, so he caught my eye as being suspect defensively then, and now he looks on par with the other defensemen.

You're right though, they basically have 7 of the same guy, and none of them stand out in any appreciable way.

Thanks guys for response. I guess he needs to change his attitude bit. I doubt he can even speak english, which doesnt really help:)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sandberg, Chartier, Bollig and Clifton listed as tonight's scratches.

Edit: Brodinski also scratched.

Last edited:

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Balcers is putting up really promising numbers, 8 shots on goal in the last game? I don't put a track on the AHL shots on goal but that is a lot for Latvian. In Latvian AHL debut season records, he's already in TOP 10. Man I'm excited.

Am I seeing clearly that there hasn't been any call ups form Barracuda at all in this season?

Reactions: BaileyMacTavish

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Balcers is putting up really promising numbers, 8 shots on goal in the last game? I don't put a track on the AHL shots on goal but that is a lot for Latvian. In Latvian AHL debut season records, he's already in TOP 10. Man I'm excited.

Am I seeing clearly that there hasn't been any call ups form Barracuda at all in this season?

I think hes still adjusting with his goal-scoring but he compensates wonderfully with getting assists and as he himself said- the goals will come its just a matter of patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad