Barracuda News and Discussion 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Was he up in the top row of 127? We saw two guys in suits sitting up there. I assumed it was Roy and Wiederer, but that was just a guess based on the fact that we have two scratches and there were two guys in suits sitting off by themselves. We're over in 114, so I couldn't actually see who it was. :)

Yep- those were them. Wasn't Wiederer with him, though.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on Balcers so far? Does he have an NHL future in your eyes? Thanks in advance!

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Brodzinski's first pro goal vs. Cleveland. Can't believe a scout friend of mind thought he was SJ's best pick in 2013. Though, given that draft....

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Sorensen with the hat trick tonight. Maybe he sees the Labanc demotion as an opportunity to get back up to the Sharks, because he looked more motivated than I've seen him all season.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Sorensen with the hat trick tonight. Maybe he sees the Labanc demotion as an opportunity to get back up to the Sharks, because he looked more motivated than I've seen him all season.
Didn't Labanc participate in that hat trick.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Didn't Labanc participate in that hat trick.

Assisted on two of them (the other was on the PP), including a great pass that set up the second.

Having Labanc on his line definitely helped, but Sorensen played like he had something to prove tonight. I haven't seen that from him much this season.

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
Does anybody know how Roy, DeSimone, True and Helewka have looked?

I only get to watch home games, I listen to road ones on the radio, so it's a little harder to make judgements on players based on the radio.

Roy has looked good when he's out there. He plays bigger than the 6'0, 185 that he's listed. He's physical, and I like his game. He has been scratched for at least 1 (maybe 2?) of our home games, though, so it's a small sample size.

DeSimone was scratched for the last game, and he's looked like he's still adjusting to the AHL game. He looked really good at the end of last year for the handful of games he played. He hasn't looked as great this season. He hasn't done anything, really, offensively (but that's true of basically every defenseman on this team right now). I like his game, but he's scuffling a bit right now.

True has been a nice surprise, I think. Well, at least a surprise to me - I don't follow any prospects coming up, so when they make it to the AHL it'll be the first time I've personally seen them play. I don't know what was expected of True. I am really liking what True has brought to the team.

I really like Helewka. He's one of my favorite players on the Barracuda. He isn't flashy, but he works hard and he's hockey smart. He reminds me a lot of Pavelski in that way. He just does what he's supposed to do, and he does it pretty well.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Though I will never stop stumping for him, it's worth noting that True technically isn' a shark prospect. He signed an AHL contract with the barracuda, meaning that his NHL rights are unowned. It may be that teams choose to do the decent thing and ask the sharks if it's OK they sign him, but there's no obligation to do so and True is free to skip off to another organization or back to Europe without the Sharks' say-so if he chooses and within bounds of any out-clauses he has in his current deal.

That said, it's not going to stop me from treating him like a prospect because I can, :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad