Barracuda News and Discussion 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Not much good to say about the home opener. Seemed like a mistake to put Balcers, Sandberg and O'Regan all on one line since the Griffins just pushed them around all night.

Wiederer went off after a hit in the second and never returned, the most effective line was Bollig-True-Mashinter (not joking), and the lack of Heed and Ryan really showed. Couple of the goals were just bad luck, though. Score shouldn't have been as bad as it was.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Not much good to say about the home opener. Seemed like a mistake to put Balcers, Sandberg and O'Regan all on one line since the Griffins just pushed them around all night.

Wiederer went off after a hit in the second and never returned, the most effective line was Bollig-True-Mashinter (not joking), and the lack of Heed and Ryan really showed. Couple of the goals were just bad luck, though. Score shouldn't have been as bad as it was.
Didn't watch but in my head, it'd make more sense to put True between Balcers and Sandberg.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I noticed Roy has only played one AHL game so far, anyone know
what's up with that? Not quite in game shape or just lower on the depth chart?

My personal guess would be that Sommer likes guys he knows he can trust. It’s hard to get to that point. Cuda have enough talent on D that he can justify not playing Roy.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I read an article yesterday (that I now cannot find for the life of me) indicating he is only now deemed 100% back from his knee surgery/in game shape, sounded like he is expected to be a fixture going forward.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I normally eschew following the AHL team, but this year there may not be much else to get exited about (regarding the Sharks, at least).

Sounds like Balcers is doing very well, and O'Regan hasn't lost a step!

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I enjoyed watching the Friday and Saturday games (in person). Some cool new guys. But ***10*** rookies this season on the roster = lots to worry about. :help: :(:eek:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Roy might be heading back to junior.

It's been a very small sample size, but it's not like Roy has been all that impressive. The part I would complain about is that Brodzinski is the guy who's going to get that playing time. Roy's at least better than him.

DMc0-7TV4AE9MVx.jpg

While I like some of the changes made for tonight, that third line is just nonsense.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It's kind of dumb that Sommer says that they need to get him into games and get him playing...and then doesn't play him.

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
It's been a very small sample size, but it's not like Roy has been all that impressive. The part I would complain about is that Brodzinski is the guy who's going to get that playing time. Roy's at least better than him.

I haven't seen Roy, but it wouldn't take much to be better than Brodzinski. He hasn't impressed me at all in the first 4 games.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
1 g/2a and +3 for the night.

Oh.. kay? What a weird way to type that. They crashed the net and cleaned up some garbage (which is not a bad thing) and Sorensen's other assist was on Mashinter's PP goal. I liked the lines last night but those three together were pretty meh. It's mostly Bollig, honestly. They were each +1 because they scored a goal, so yeah. +3, I guess.

Bollig shouldn't be at a scoring line, but the Barracuda have so few scoring forwards they don't have a whole lot of choices.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I haven't seen Roy, but it wouldn't take much to be better than Brodzinski. He hasn't impressed me at all in the first 4 games.

Yeah, Brodzinski is really not good. If the concern is getting Roy playing time, then he should be playing in that spot.

Relatedly, Roy spent all of last game in a suit talking to someone I didn't recognize in the section next to me. Did not seem pleased about something.

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
Yeah, Brodzinski is really not good. If the concern is getting Roy playing time, then he should be playing in that spot.

Relatedly, Roy spent all of last game in a suit talking to someone I didn't recognize in the section next to me. Did not seem pleased about something.

Was he up in the top row of 127? We saw two guys in suits sitting up there. I assumed it was Roy and Wiederer, but that was just a guess based on the fact that we have two scratches and there were two guys in suits sitting off by themselves. We're over in 114, so I couldn't actually see who it was. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad