Confirmed with Link: Barbashev to VGK for a Zach Dean

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Buchnevich-Thomas-Snuggerud
Bolduc-STL ‘23 1st-Kyrou
Neighbours-Dean-TBA/Schenn?
Toropchenko-Alexandrov-TBA

Won’t be like this for a few years obviously, but the potential forward group is looking like it should be the least of Army’s worries with the retool. I think Schenn and Saad stay until they’re squeezed out, and if you add another legit top line threat between now and then, this top 9 could easily be elite.

We'd need our top prospects to 100% hit or near hit their ceilings for that to work out. Its always nice to look at lines when you are projecting them out to their theoretical max, but it rarely works out that way.

that said, that looks much better than projecting our D out to their theoretical decline, so.....enjoy it while you can.

Fez Whatley

Jun 7, 2015
Buchnevich-Thomas-Snuggerud
Bolduc-STL ‘23 1st-Kyrou
Neighbours-Dean-TBA/Schenn?
Toropchenko-Alexandrov-TBA

Won’t be like this for a few years obviously, but the potential forward group is looking like it should be the least of Army’s worries with the retool. I think Schenn and Saad stay until they’re squeezed out, and if you add another legit top line threat between now and then, this top 9 could easily be elite.
Schenn on the 4th line for the next cup Ala steen

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Maybe Seattle was on Vova's list of teams he'd been amenable to moving to? Honest question.
That would make sense since he wanted out anyway. Maybe a mutual decision.

We'd need our top prospects to 100% hit or near hit their ceilings for that to work out. Its always nice to look at lines when you are projecting them out to their theoretical max, but it rarely works out that way.

that said, that looks much better than projecting our D out to their theoretical decline, so.....enjoy it while you can.
We’re not going anywhere with this blueline. Doesn’t matter who you add up front. Army needs to fix or at least adjust it and I don’t mean with a pick, I mean with a quality Dman.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I'm sure Berglund's camp is singing the praises of Armstrong too. It's not all sunshine and puppies. I'm sure Armstrong does what he can to make things smooth for players. But its a business too. And he can be a ruthless business man when required.
Berglund’s annoyance would be better directed at his agent. Armstrong isn’t a high school shop teacher who needs to hold everyone‘s hand. If you negotiate to get something like trade protection, you sure as hell better know how to enforce it. It’s a crappy situation, but I don’t really put that on Armstrong.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Berglund’s annoyance would be better directed at his agent. Armstrong isn’t a high school shop teacher who needs to hold everyone‘s hand. If you negotiate to get something like trade protection, you sure as hell better know how to enforce it. It’s a crappy situation, but I don’t really put that on Armstrong.

Is Bergy still mad about the trade? Get over it, Bergy. Spend your money and go ice fishing (or whatever they do for recreation in Sweden).

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Bergy was here a long time and the only memory I recall was him falling on his face taking a slap shot.

• Haha
Reactions: LogosBlue

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I remember Bergie's off-ice antics more than anything he did on the ice. In fact, I can't think back to a single on-ice memory of him. Funny guy though.

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
My favorite Bergie memory was a play against the Kings. He carried the puck through the D zone like a lumbering but calculating great white and then decided to move towards Doughty. He cruised right into Doughty and tossed him to the ice like a wet towel while maintaining control of the puck. DD got up with a look like “hey! You can’t do that in hockey!” I can’t even remember if Bergie got a shot off I was just as stunned as Doughty. Then I laughed about it the rest of the week.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I remember Bergie's off-ice antics more than anything he did on the ice. In fact, I can't think back to a single on-ice memory of him. Funny guy though.
giphy.gif

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I always liked Bergy. He was a good guy.

As for if he’s still mad about how the ROR trade went down, none of us would have any idea. But I’d say he was more than justified to be mad at the time. I would’ve been livid in that situation. Mostly at my agent (which he fired so clearly he was mad at him) but also a bit at Army.

But I can also say that Army technically didn’t do anything wrong. But as a person, I would understand Bergy's issue with how the trade went down.

Vrana has gotten a lot of support here the last few days regarding whatever put him in the Player Assistance Program. I’d suggest Bergy deserves the same. My understanding is he never got over the trade and that’s what led to him eventually just walking away from the Sabres and many millions of dollars. These guys are human and mental health can be a bitch sometimes.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

As for if he’s still mad about how the ROR trade went down, none of us would have any idea. But I’d say he was more than justified to be mad at the time. I would’ve been livid in that situation. Mostly at my agent (which he fired so clearly he was mad at him) but also a bit at Army.

But I can also say that Army technically didn’t do anything wrong. But as a person, I would understand Bergy's issue with how the trade went down.

Vrana has gotten a lot of support here the last few days regarding whatever put him in the Player Assistance Program. I’d suggest Bergy deserves the same. My understanding is he never got over the trade and that’s what led to him eventually just walking away from the Sabres and many millions of dollars. These guys are human and mental health can be a bitch sometimes.
Yeah, at the end of the day, Bergy loved St. Louis and the organization, and that's how I'll always remember him. Sucks how it ended, but he always seemed like he loved it here and was great in the locker room.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

I don't know how much of a good guy he was. He was arrested for rape after leaving the NHL. I don't know if he was guilty, or was found guilty. I can't find any info about a trial. Although there was a report less than a year later about him skating with his hometown club and maybe making a comeback, so he probably didn't go to jail. Maybe he was innocent. Maybe it was his mental illness, and he wasn't like that when in the NHL.

Regardless, I have trouble saying an accused rapist ever was a good guy. He is innocent until proven guilty, and I don't know if he was found guilty. But I'd err on the side of not calling him a good guy with the information I do have.

News article on arrest

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't know how much of a good guy he was. He was arrested for rape after leaving the NHL. I don't know if he was guilty, or was found guilty. I can't find any info about a trial. Although there was a report less than a year later about him skating with his hometown club and maybe making a comeback, so he probably didn't go to jail. Maybe he was innocent. Maybe it was his mental illness, and he wasn't like that when in the NHL.

Regardless, I have trouble saying an accused rapist ever was a good guy. He is innocent until proven guilty, and I don't know if he was found guilty. But I'd err on the side of not calling him a good guy with the information I do have.

News article on arrest
There were allegations brought forward from an ex-girlfriend, but I believe charges were dropped due to lack of evidence.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

News article on arrest
I either completely missed or forgot about that story. Wasn’t aware.

But agreed that he’s innocent until proven guilty. Hopefully he didn’t do it.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I’m apparently 2 years behind this story (I was still drowning in Covid related things in May 2021 so not surprised I missed this), but it looks like Bergy was detained but never actually arrested and the charges were dropped 9 days after he was detained.

Whether he was innocent or simply got lucky because there was no evidence, we’ll never know.

Brynässpelaren friad från våldtäktsmisstankarna

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

News article on arrest

Considering there was not enough evidence I'm going to assume he was innocent and ex-gf's can be :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

That's really descrimitory not allowing us to say :eek::eek::eek::eek:. How are Australians suppose to function without being able to say :eek::eek::eek::eek:?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad