Confirmed with Link: Barbashev to VGK for a Zach Dean

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I remember (was it Karyia?) saying he would be a star in the league when he had a great game as a rookie, maybe 2 goals or something. It never really materialized, but he was sure good at possessing the puck through contact. The coaching then had something to do with it, but converting possession into scoring chances was always a bit of a let down.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
In his first season, Bergy had 15 goals or so at Christmas time. He seemed likely to be a thirty goal rookie. But Bergy finished with 21 goals.

He wasnt a good skater and he wasnt physical. Hitch eventually made a winger out of him.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
In his first season, Bergy had 15 goals or so at Christmas time. He seemed likely to be a thirty goal rookie. But Bergy finished with 21 goals.

He wasnt a good skater and he wasnt physical. Hitch eventually made a winger out of him.

Go watch games from that era. He didn't play a power forward drive-to-the-net game, but he was physical. Finished his hits and battled on the forecheck. I recently watched several games from Berglund's tenure, and things are different when you see them with fresh eyes.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Go watch games from that era. He didn't play a power forward drive-to-the-net game, but he was physical. Finished his hits and battled on the forecheck. I recently watched several games from Berglund's tenure, and things are different when you see them with fresh eyes.
Bergy became more engaged as he got older. In mid career, he would go four game in a row without registering a hit. I used to go to the game stats and look up bergy's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad