Line Combos: Babcock Undermines team potential with dubious lines make-up....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Marner Matthews and Nylander wouldn't dominate lol. Boy you are right off yer rocker. Tell us why they wouldn't dominate. I really need to see this.

Your missing his entire point here.

FWIW I don't think they would dominate either. They would put up good numbers no doubt, but they would not dominate the NHL.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
since he's a RFA at the end of this year , i'm left wondering what the Hyman fan club thinks we should re sign him for

do you think we should bridge him for something around 5m over 2 years or lock him up long term at about 20m over 5 years ?

I appreciate Hyman. I think 2.5 or 3 million over 4 years is about ballpark for him. He's not going to put up a tonn of points, but the guy does the mucking/grinding/digging that makes the difference in games at times.

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
I'm lost for words reading this thread... Are we really going to play the blame game when our record is exactly as predicted?

And it gets much worse: We are blaming Babcock, you know, that guy who is widely regarded as the best coach in the world?

What?

Other fan bases would murder for 8 years of babcock.. Other fanbases would kill for a gm team like lou. Hell people would kill for our assistant gm. Who exactly are we supposed to hire if they are run out of town?

This is insanity.

Hyman is doing his job, retrieving the puck.

Having smith on your pk is better than having a mediocre player in Holland playing on your 4th. Smith is going to prevent alot more goals than holland would score on the 4th line. Holland doesn't have a bottom 6 skillset and isn't skilled enough to even look at the top 6. He's useless.

Nylander is being developed as a centre, and there are currently 3 centres who are currently better than him at that role.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
I appreciate Hyman. I think 2.5 or 3 million over 4 years is about ballpark for him. He's not going to put up a tonn of points, but the guy does the mucking/grinding/digging that makes the difference in games at times.

It really is fun to coach against a team deploying that strategy isn't it. I coach a Midget AA team in my hometown, its surprising how often you see it.

EDIT: quoted the wrong post, meant to be your one previous to this one.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

Your missing his entire point here.

FWIW I don't think they would dominate either. They would put up good numbers no doubt, but they would not dominate the NHL.

I've explained why they wouldn't dominate a few times. Poor guy is all riled up...blind with rage.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Well said, running those three out there together would cause serious shortfalls on every other line.

Well Marner wouldn't be pumping up his linemates trade value and carrying the line and the other two wouldn't be propping up the drummers and plumbers that can't play the game at the aame level as them.

Who gives a rats ass about about expendable fourth liners feeling and balance anyway. Ridiculous thinking if you understand the roster actually.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
It really is fun to coach against a team deploying that strategy isn't it. I coach a Midget AA team in my hometown, its surprising how often you see it.

EDIT: quoted the wrong post, meant to be your one previous to this one.

I get a serious chuckle watching the other bench melt down when you abuse their other 3 lines.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Well Marner wouldn't be pumping up his linemates trade value and carrying the line and the other two wouldn't be propping up the drummers and plumbers that can't play the game at the aame level as them.

Who gives a rats ass about about expendable fourth liners feeling and balance anyway. Ridiculous thinking if you understand the roster actually.

Wow you somehow managed to completely prove yourself wrong with your own words, that takes skill I applaud you.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I'm sorry but anyone who states Hyman is "retriveing the puck" is insane. He literally spends 95% of his time losing the puck/battles. On very rare occasions, he not only retrieves the puck but actually gives it to someone in a good position.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Not sure about where you coached but I also find it insane how many coaches out there just don't line match at all. Just roll the lines alllll game no matter what lol

Essex Minor Hockey for 7 years, until work took my time away. Kills me not to coach anymore, but I'll get back soon. When the house is paid off in 2 years, I'll settle back down and get back after it.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I've explained why they wouldn't dominate a few times. Poor guy is all riled up...blind with rage.

You might find difficulty explaining anything beyond the tip of your nose when its hockey related bro. I just don't think you are as sharp as you think you are. Anyways keep talkin your hilarious. Most here likely don't agree with you but you got a couple posters pumpin it for ya lol. Tell us some more why Matthews Marner and Willy are not going to be a sufficiently dominating line again.lmao Unreal.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Essex Minor Hockey for 7 years, until work took my time away. Kills me not to coach anymore, but I'll get back soon. When the house is paid off in 2 years, I'll settle back down and get back after it.

Im on the east coast, Sherwood Minor Hockey iv been on the bench for 5 years but this is my second as Head Coach. Id be lost without it TBH.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
You might find difficulty explaining anything beyond the tip of your nose when its hockey related bro. I just don't think you are as sharp as you think you are. Anyways keep talkin your hilarious. Most here likely don't agree with you but you got a couple posters pumpin it for ya lol. Tell us some more why Matthews Marner and Willy are not going to be a sufficiently dominating line again.lmao Unreal.

You just keep missing his point, if you load up one line it leaves the other 3 severely outmatched. We have one line out there doing good things and the other 3 just out there and creating nothing.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

You have brought laughter to other coaches in the thread. You proved my point while attempting to argue your's. You're a glutton for it, I can tell.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
You just keep missing his point, if you load up one line it leaves the other 3 severely outmatched. We have one line out there doing good things and the other 3 just out there and creating nothing.

The Jvrs,Komarovs,bozaks and Kadri etc that are veterans that didn't even have these three last season, now becomes a neccessity. Go on man your right out of it.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Corrado has done ZERO to earn a spot in the lineup. The organization doesn't owe him anything. He's being paid quite handsomely to sit in the pressbox.

Kid played ok at the end of last season had a good pre-season and has played one game in a b/b against the reigning cup champs
What more does he have to do?
Play as bad as Hunwick and Polak?
The kids done his best we don't want to play him so let him go instead of doing everything we can to ruin his career and stunt his development

How much use is he if the coach does not trust him and he never plays anyway?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If you wanna have a go at someone, and not look silly to the entire rational membership of this board, hit my PM's, sport.

Nobody needs to get an infraction for kicking when someone's down and out.

Bro no thanks. Relax a bit and try calming yourself down there big fella. Its not cool that you keep ranting in a thread you despise. You know full well the three super rookies would dominate but its all about saving face.

Calm down champ your getting hostile. Anyways i think this conversation has reached your capacity. I surrender, you are right ok.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Bro no thanks. Relax a bit and try calming yourself down there big fella. Its not cool that you keep ranting in a thread you despise. You know full well the three super rookies would dominate but its all about saving face.

Calm down champ your getting hostile. Anyways i think this conversation has reached your capacity. I surrender, you are right ok.

It's cute that you've attempted to project your frustration on me, and basically parrot what put you in a hole, but this was over a long time ago.

I don't need an infraction embarrassing you. Simple as. If you feel so strongly that I'm wrong, and wanted to continue, I was generous enough to offer you an avenue. Your ability to understand where you've come up short is noble.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Kid played ok at the end of last season had a good pre-season and has played one game in a b/b against the reigning cup champs
What more does he have to do?
Play as bad as Hunwick and Polak?
The kids done his best we don't want to play him so let him go instead of doing everything we can to ruin his career and stunt his development

How much use is he if the coach does not trust him and he never plays anyway?

Corrado was given a no-win situation, he only plays once on a back to back vs the ****ing Stanley cup champs. It's disgusting what they are doing to this kid, I don't care if he is the worst player to ever strap on skates, you don't treat players like this. Waive him or play him. We all know Babcock will recommend waiving him over honey boo-boo no matter how well he plays anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad