Jul 11, 2018

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Fun facts ->

- Jets eighth straight win against the Dogs,

-Kyle (fecking) Connor’s fifth-game winning goal of the season

- Dumba's goal was the last shot the Coyotes had in the second period, and they were held to three in the third.

- Chevy has gifted this 2023 roster with a depth charge.

giphy.gif

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
Arniel (and staff) did a great job down the stretch of the 3rd with line deployment and minute distribution. I suppose the 4th line could have played more, though I'm sort of glad they played just enough to give the other 3 lines enough of a breather and that's about it. If you zoom out and think of how they played the 2 games in a back-to-back scenario instead of each game independently, the coaching staff (and the team) did a very good job.

Getting solid/reliable goaltending was certainly one aspect that was a bit of a sore spot thus far into this season, and that seems to be on a better track.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The critics are slowly disappearing around here, and I think there is or should be a gradual appreciation that this is a very good and deep team that will be a serious threat.
Yes its pretty sad that there was any critics after Chevy fixed the sinking ship over the summer with 4 major moves.
It goes to shows you critics know nothing.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I really love hockey right now. a little fun fact: I took part in a nhl ps5 tournament yesterday and won it. Scheifele single-handedly destroyed every opponent. later I went to a punk rock concert and when I came back home, completely drunk and wasted, I watched 2 mins of the game vs Arizona, then I fell asleep - well it already was around 2 am my time, can't really remember.

anyway thank god for the youtube highlights. looked like another fun game.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm kind of surprised and very pleased with the scoring of Appleton.

Mason is on a heater with his current shooting % (18.8) so I expect him to nomalize at some point but Nino is having a big impact on that line and he and Adam are both normal as far as their shooting % so I expect this line to keep kicking ass as long as they play together even if Apples regresses a bit to the mean.

That trade deadline pick up was really valuable.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The critics are slowly disappearing around here, and I think there is or should be a gradual appreciation that this is a very good and deep team that will be a serious threat.
Some of us predicted this.

Of course lots of hockey to be played still but it's nice when the team plays like the sum of its parts.

Giving me extreme 17-18 vibes. The thing that really excites me is the way we look off the rush right now. We have several guys who can carry the mail, our speed is making zone entries so much easier. We can hurt you off the rush or the cycle which is a real problem for opponents.

The coaching staff needs to hap on the players about pp movement, we did it well for a few games and the results spoke for themselves.

Goalies keep trending like this and we get our special teams up to the 100% standard and I don't think anyone besides Colorado is a real threat to us in the Central.

Mason is on a heater with his current shooting % (18.8) so I expect him to nomalize at some point but Nino is having a big impact on that line and he and Adam are both normal as far as their shooting % so I expect this line to keep kicking ass as long as they play together even if Apples regresses a bit to the mean.

Appleton is starting to go to the net with regularity and is finally using his size effectively to impose his will on the boards and protect the puck. All the players on this line are big and do this, it has to be exhausting playing against them.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Some of us predicted this.

Of course lots of hockey to be played still but it's nice when the team plays like the sum of its parts.

Giving me extreme 17-18 vibes. The thing that really excites me is the way we look off the rush right now. We have several guys who can carry the mail, our speed is making zone entries so much easier. We can hurt you off the rush or the cycle which is a real problem for opponents.

The coaching staff needs to hap on the players about pp movement, we did it well for a few games and the results spoke for themselves.

Goalies keep trending like this and we get our special teams up to the 100% standard and I don't think anyone besides Colorado is a real threat to us in the Central.

Appleton is starting to go to the net with regularity and is finally using his size effectively to impose his will on the boards and protect the puck. All the players on this line are big and do this, it has to be exhausting playing against them.
Agree on all your points, but I'll add the Stars as a tough out. I think we easily end up in the top 3 in the Central. I'll add how impressive our defense has been (not counting Schmidt and Stanley). The other 5 all measure out very well so far this season. And team wise we are 2nd on shots against per game, so when Helly gets back to near his historical average SV% we will be a very tough team to beat.

The Big M

Dec 29, 2017
I may even have to break out my Scheifele jersey again. Was embarrassed to wear it last season.
Wear it with pride!

Remember, Scheifele ,aka Bambi legs, at one point was a source of great pride in the organization. A Hawerchuk protege, I remember watching maybe Scheifele's first home preseason game. He was fantastic and received a standing ovation from the crowd!

The man is back!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I know at the end of last season I was pretty critical of Chevy, but picking up Nino and Names at the TDL, for such low acquisition costs was very good work by him. Especially as it turned out neither were pure rentals. Add in the haul from the PLD trade, and the Scheifele and Helly extensions and Chevy has turned this team into a much better version of itself. If Heinola can get back to where he was and we can count on him to be the everyday #6 defenseman I think we can do some post season damage.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Most definitely bout Apples. I mean he has more goals than Ehlers. As does Perfetti.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad