Post-Game Talk: B2B wins Jets 5 - Yotes 2

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I liked the 2nd and 3rd more than the 1st. Too many icings and uncontrolled exits in the 3rd. Entering the zone without pressure seemed way too easy for the Coyotes in the 3rd just like it was for the Sabres yesterday but today atleast the Jets defended well and didn't allow many dangerous chances. But that will be tough to do against teams with good offenses.

I have seen way too many signs of previous year Jets creeping in in parts of these last 3 games.

4th line does not look good at all without Kupari. Lets give Toninato a shot there next game.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I am happy to announce that when I now look at the NHL Standings, I can leave it on the default divisional standings and not have to click on the Wild Card standings view. I mean seriously… how sad would it be to worry about being a bubble team. So beneath me to spend any thought on those rabble teams,

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
1700363670456.png

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I am happy to announce that when I now look at the NHL Standings, I can leave it on the default divisional standings and not have to click on the Wild Card standings view. I mean seriously… how sad would it be to worry about being a bubble team. So beneath me to spend any thought on those rabble teams,

Have you forgotten these last few years so fast?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Going to Florida will be a tough test, if they can just tighten up the D and limit mistakes we got a fighting chance
I think we could take 2 of those 3 road games, with good goaltending. Toughest test will be Tampa -- next up I believe. Really be something, to win all 3.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Despite the theme of my GDT, I managed to stay awake, although it was touch and go there for a little bit. Another win by the Jets, which should make us all pretty happy. I'm giving this game four good night sleeps out of five, and hope that I have one of those myself...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest has been posted for the game against the Tampa Bay Lightning, and amazingly, I had my first multi-point game (I got the correct team and score) this season! Don't forget to sign up to make a GDT, there are plenty of games available, so I hope some of you might consider joining in on the fun. They can be as simple as a Plain (Plane) Jane or as complicated as some of you trying to figure out how to become a HFBoard sponsor. The whole point is to just have some fun. See you guys on Wednesday! Good night...

giphy.gif

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
Much more fun watching Scheifele this year than years past. That old contract really bugged him didn't it? Oh well glad to see this type of effort.
Years past? For most of his career he has played above his contract $. Last year was the first year he did not. The Hyenas on this board came out in packs. Its good that we have Chevy as a GM. I believe he is better at making contract decisions than most on tis board. Move on.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I wouldn’t call this game a Rembrandt either, but better than last night ona B2B. Two points even when not a full throttle is a good sign for this team.
Pretty impressed by the Yotes. Some good young talent that plays a high energy game. They are no longer a joke.
Just took coyotes forever to figure it out.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Years past? For most of his career he has played above his contract $. Last year was the first year he did not. The Hyenas on this board came out in packs. Its good that we have Chevy as a GM. I believe he is better at making contract decisions than most on tis board. Move on.
Scheifele has always played above his pay grade. If he would have held out he is likely looking at a $10 M+ AAV as a UFA. Getting him at $8.5M AAV, at least for now is a very competitive contract for the organization.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I would say the points have always been there but this is the best D I’ve seen him play.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I liked the 2nd and 3rd more than the 1st. Too many icings and uncontrolled exits in the 3rd. Entering the zone without pressure seemed way too easy for the Coyotes in the 3rd just like it was for the Sabres yesterday but today atleast the Jets defended well and didn't allow many dangerous chances. But that will be tough to do against teams with good offenses.

I have seen way too many signs of previous year Jets creeping in in parts of these last 3 games.

4th line does not look good at all without Kupari. Lets give Toninato a shot there next game.

I don’t see it. We have changed 40% of our forwards since last TD, that combined with Scheifele’s new two way game and to me this team plays way different. Did the Jets even give up a scoring chance in the 3rd period? I really like the way this team has played this season.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I don’t see it. We have changed 40% of our forwards since last TD, that combined with Scheifele’s new two way game and to me this team plays way different. Did the Jets even give up a scoring chance in the 3rd period? I really like the way this team has played this season.
agreed, this team is way different then last year because we actually have depth that can score, we only gave up 5 shots total in the second and third, our problem last year was scoring not defensive play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad