Post-Game Talk: B2B wins Jets 5 - Yotes 2

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Tricky to think of how to shuffle the lines once Vilardi is back.
Each of the top 3 lines has been pretty good and fairly consistent for a stretch now.
Good problem to have.
Iafollo hasn't been as impactful as he was in the earliest stretch of the season.
But he's been better lately and (same as his linemates) has been good since that line got past their short drought.
Is Nemestikov the most likely to slide to the 4th line?
I can't see the coaches touching the 3rd line right now.
Perhaps Vilardi skates on the 4th for one game and then they make the shuffle?
The problem with moving Nemestikov to the 4th is then you're putting Perfetti back at C (maybe). When you've been as hot as he has been on the wing, it's hard to switch away from that.

Further down the road does Heinola start bumping Schmidt out of the lineup when he is ready to play (at least on some sort of a rotation)?

Playoffs are so far away and we've seen how drastically a team can change within the same season.
So keep your arms and legs inside the roller coaster at all times.
giphy.gif

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Tricky to think of how to shuffle the lines once Vilardi is back.
Each of the top 3 lines has been pretty good and fairly consistent for a stretch now.
Good problem to have.
Iafollo hasn't been as impactful as he was in the earliest stretch of the season.
But he's been better lately and (same as his linemates) has been good since that line got past their short drought.
Is Nemestikov the most likely to slide to the 4th line?
I can't see the coaches touching the 3rd line right now.
Perhaps Vilardi skates on the 4th for one game and then they make the shuffle?
The problem with moving Nemestikov to the 4th is then you're putting Perfetti back at C (maybe). When you've been as hot as he has been on the wing, it's hard to switch away from that.

Further down the road does Heinola start bumping Schmidt out of the lineup when he is ready to play (at least on some sort of a rotation)?

Playoffs are so far away and we've seen how drastically a team can change within the same season.
So keep your arms and legs inside the roller coaster at all times.
giphy.gif
I really think Valardi goes to the first line and Iafallo goes to the second with Perfetti at center and Ehlers . Namestnikov goes to center the 4th line with Kupari out. One thing about it though if it's not working you can move guys around because of the depth at forward we have now.:nod: Arneil said today after practice that there is a good chance Valardi gets back during this road trip.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I really think Valardi goes to the first line and Iafallo goes to the second with Perfetti at center and Ehlers . Namestnikov goes to center the 4th line with Kupari out. One thing about it though if it's not working you can move guys around because of the depth at forward we have now.:nod: Arneil said today after practice that there is a good chance Valardi gets back during this road trip.

This is a good guess. I think almost certainly Vilardi goes back up with Scheifele and Connor. Makes sense all the way around.

Reactions: Jets 31

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
Maybe I'm overrating him, but I think a large part of why the Jets have been so good defensively, is because of someone like Namestnikov being out there for 15 minutes a game. Just looking at him, I think he's their best defensive forward. He covers so much ground (200-foot game), reminding me of a lite version of Fedorov without the plus speed (and obviously the offense) - though I do think Namestnikov is a very good skater - and also has a bit of Guy Carbonneau in him too. I'm surprised that he never received any Selke votes over the years, IF he was previously this good on that side of the puck. If he just made a jump or two recently, all the better.

When we're talking about the forwards covering up a lot for the defensive corps as it currently is, I think that he's one of the key guys who makes up that ground that we're able to get away with it; for now.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Maybe I'm overrating him, but I think a large part of why the Jets have been so good defensively, is because of someone like Namestnikov being out there for 15 minutes a game. Just looking at him, I think he's their best defensive forward. He covers so much ground (200-foot game), reminding me of a lite version of Fedorov without the plus speed (and obviously the offense) - though I do think Namestnikov is a very good skater - and also has a bit of Guy Carbonneau in him too. I'm surprised that he never received any Selke votes over the years, IF he was previously this good on that side of the puck. If he just made a jump or two recently, all the better.

When we're talking about the forwards covering up a lot for the defensive corps as it currently is, I think that he's one of the key guys who makes up that ground that we're able to get away with it; for now.
You are overrating him. Lowry and Nino have been better defensively imo.

Reactions: Dale53130

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad