Awesome Auston Discussion thread

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I came to see how many posts it would take for Matthews troubles to be all Hyman's fault.

4 is the answer. Love Leafs Nation.
Came to see how long it would take for the homers to shift the blame for the lines lack of production away from Hyman to our franchise center .

6 was the answer , love leaf nation

Last edited:
Reactions: ToMaLe

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
His agent will try the percentage tactic and the Leafs will slot him in based on other players in the league. Also I believe that are going to give him the C and remind him that we need to resign the other top players as well.

Time will tell but I do not see him getting more then McDavid but it will be more than Eichel.

Matthews contract AAV and $ will be closer to McDavid than Eichel, when the ink dries on his new deal. IMO

Leafs might be intentionally holding back the "C" for now before the contract as that might be another negotiating chip that Pat Brisson would use in contract talks to show additional value to the Leafs and ask for more C.H% as a result.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
I came to see how many posts it would take for Matthews troubles to be all Hyman's fault.

4 is the answer. Love Leafs Nation.
Can you read?

"
One things for sure , it's not gud pro Zach Hyman that's the issue on that line ."

Reactions: ToMaLe

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
One thing we know as a 100% fact (based on our coach's usage and minutes given)

Zach Hyman is 100% our best winger, amazing forechecker, disruptor and is NOT and will NEVER BE why Matthews is underwhelming. These are facts.

Reactions: hotpaws

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
One thing we know as a 100% fact (based on our coach's usage and minutes given)

Zach Hyman is 100% our best winger, amazing forechecker, disruptor and is NOT and will NEVER BE why Matthews is underwhelming. These are facts.
I heard he once saved 12 babies from a burning building. Gud fireman. Good pro. Gud man.

Reactions: hotpaws and IPS

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Maybe he has a nagging injury or maybe he is having a slump. I think he looks like he is slumping a bit and it's nothing to worry about. Perhaps it's a bit of both but Matthews looks ok to me, maybe a little down on himself the past couple games but he works hard and mostly looks good.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
matthews should sit out for a few games. let him get fully healthy. or even the rest of the month since our competition is fairly weak.

also, this is game 1 of 4 for mcelhinney this month (4 back2backs)

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Not terribly concerned with the "no shot" games since there's only been a couple of them. If that was that important, he'd fire the puck at the net to keep that streak going. Him not being completely healthy would be a concern. Hopefully that isn't the case.

Last edited:

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure what to say but seems to be a nagging injury. Is it a problem with his back? I remember Gretzky and Larry Bird had back issues and were never the same.

Or is it the awkward collision with Morgan rielly yesterday?

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
I think his injury is nagging him, his speed and power just haven't been there much since he has come back. However it is apparent that having Hyman and Brown on his line isn't generating much offense. I'm one of the few who actually likes Hyman on his line. But Brown just isn't working. He's more offensive than Hyman, but is to easily knocked around and bounced off the puck. Let's get Matthews rested and healed up, and then give him a legitimate top line winger to spark his offense again. And let Hyman do his job grinding and chasing down pucks.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Matthews obviously has a concussion. He was lucky he wasn't knocked out cold in that collision with Rielly. This might be the beginning of the end for Auston, I fear.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
holy f*** Pinkfly your threads are gold.

Obv something to do with the collision last night with Rielly.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
i think in the new year once he gets a couple days off! But maybe get him with some new line mates just to spark something. I like him with Hyman, but babcock needs to get some of the guys going.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He looks ok. Not the same as before but people have short memories. There were 2 8-10 game streaks last year where he didn’t look great after weird tumbles. As long as he didn’t get his bell rang badly. Let him play through it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad