Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Kovalenko to 2-year deal

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yahoo Fantasy in their player update sais he’s reassigned to AHL and hopefully can play in the fall when his injury has healed. Are they grossly missinformed or we now know it is that bad?
I mean, the normally tight-lipped Bednar said he wants to get Kovalenko in for some games before the end of the regular season, so I can't imagine Yahoo has some extra information we don't. They're probably just assuming he's too banged up to actually make a go of it this year.

Reactions: Deas

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
Any info anywhere on what he's doing now?

There was that photo a few days back of his bags at the Denver airport. So I'm assuming he has been at the Av's facility. Maybe getting treatment from trainers or something?

Any on-ice spottings yet?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Any info anywhere on what he's doing now?

There was that photo a few days back of his bags at the Denver airport. So I'm assuming he has been at the Av's facility. Maybe getting treatment from trainers or something?

Any on-ice spottings yet?
They assigned him to The Eagles to rehab his injury. IDK if that means he's in Loveland or if it was just a paper transaction and he's still in Denver.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think it was going to be difficult for him to crack a playoff lineup to begin with and those odds might be close to zero now with the "week to week" timeline unless there's a bunch of injuries. Not enough time for him to show something, adjust to the NA game, build chemistry, etc. Lets hope he's cool with hanging around the team and then making his case in camp.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
At worst he'll be a black ace, so we may see him yet even if he's too injured to play in the regular season. Given that we'll be playing four rounds this time around, we can expect lots of injuries, so we'll need those aces. Luckily guys like Kiviranta, Olofsson, Jones and Malinski got lots of game action, and even guys like Foudy and Pavel did as well.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Val was a huge part of our cup win, don't care what he does in the offseason in Russia.

There should be a line somewhere IMO, but without specifics, and proof, there's really no point in going down that road.

Val's still huge part of this team too. They're a completely different team with him in the lineup.

Avs record with Val Nichuskin Over Last 2 Seasons - 70-19-9

Avs record without Val Nichuskin Over Last 2 Seasons - 25-25-3 (this was a losing record a couple weeks ago)

5 games back - 5 wins - 3 goals - 7 points - 2 GWG’s

Avalanche’s Valeri Nichushkin returns to practice after time in NHL/NHLPA Player Assistance Program.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
There should be a line somewhere IMO, but without specifics, and proof, there's really no point in going down that road.

Val's still huge part of this team too. They're a completely different team with him in the lineup.

Avs record with Val Nichuskin Over Last 2 Seasons - 70-19-9

Avs record without Val Nichuskin Over Last 2 Seasons - 25-25-3 (this was a losing record a couple weeks ago)

5 games back - 5 wins - 3 goals - 7 points - 2 GWG’s

Avalanche’s Valeri Nichushkin returns to practice after time in NHL/NHLPA Player Assistance Program.
Maybe it's not Val, it's what he brings with him to the locker room if you know what I mean?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nuke has a family, I sense these guys are single.
He'll come over with dessert later. Candy for everyone:nod:
Our boy is still in the doghouse from his Seattle shenanigans
I mean Trenin has been here for 2 weeks (1.5 of them on the road) and Prosvetov is the 3rd goalie and playing for the Eagles. It's nice gesture but I don't know if those 2 should be the ones welcoming the new Russian to Colorado :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: niwotsblessing

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I mean Trenin has been here for 2 weeks (1.5 of them on the road) and Prosvetov is the 3rd goalie and playing for the Eagles. It's nice gesture but I don't know if those 2 should be the one welcoming the new Russian to Colorado :laugh:
Not so much about welcoming him to Colorado, but welcoming him to America. Trenin and Prosvetov have been in the US for 10ish years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad