Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Kovalenko to 2-year deal

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
We got trending to pair him with, speaks Russian, should help ease the transition

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
He's got 2 good knees, have him wear 92 and the C! Seriously though, his mix of fearlessness and skill remind me of Gabe. Of course. he wasn't a top draft pick but if the Captain is never the same again I think this is the logical heir given some time.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
He's got 2 good knees, have him wear 92 and the C! Seriously though, his mix of fearlessness and skill remind me of Gabe. Of course. he wasn't a top draft pick but if the Captain is never the same again I think this is the logical heir given some time.
Those are pretty high expectations. You might be disappointed.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
IMG_9140.png

He’s doing the goodbye rounds in the most Russian outfit ever.

Val and Trenin are next to each other at Ball. Wonder if they put Kovy on the other side for the KGB corner.

Also, I'd have to check on this, but when he plays, I believe it'll be the first ever father/son connection to wear Avalanche uniforms.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
View attachment 835763

Val and Trenin are next to each other at Ball. Wonder if they put Kovy on the other side for the KGB corner.

Also, I'd have to check on this, but when he plays, I believe it'll be the first ever father/son connection to wear Avalanche uniforms.

What about the Bourques?

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
What about the Bourques?
Ah yes, Ray's sons Gabriel and Rene.....

View attachment 835763

Closest would be Peter and Paul Stastny, but Peter only played for the Nordiques.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm excited to see him, but I until I do, he is bottom 6 or nothing in my opinion.
That’s the best way to look at him. Anything past that is setting yourself up for disappointment.

And that’s not to say he won’t be a good or effective player for us. But I’m not seeing a top 6 type guy.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Can't wait to see this guy in the lineup. Most excited I've been about a prospect making his Avs debut for a while. He's the only guy that has potential to make Lehkonen expendable
Man, the idea of Lehkonen being expendable is wild one. No GM would willingly part with him at his cap hit. But then again, our issue is the raises coming up to others. Could you imagine the benefits of having a seasoned version of Lehkonen showing up to a young team ready to take the next step. He'd be an incredible get for somebody, but man I don't want to even think about it right now. I just want to see him and Nuke flanking Casey for a bit.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'll be honest, I'm not sure if he has a long NHL career. He's a great player, definitely with our 3rd line and plays that sort of way, but really sacrifices his body a lot. Makes many "take a hit to open space for a teammate" sort of plays. It's not a surprise that he's been pretty banged up so far in his KHL career.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
The EDM board is arguing over who is to blame for the loss - Bouchard (for not pinning Mack to the boards at the end), Drai (for giving up and not playing defense) or the refs

What they fail to see is that the reason they lost is because they are thoroughbred losers. No winning mentality. f*** these chumps.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The EDM board is arguing over who is to blame for the loss - Bouchard (for not pinning Mack to the boards at the end), Drai (for giving up and not playing defense) or the refs

What they fail to see is that the reason they lost is because they are thoroughbred losers. No winning mentality. f*** these chumps.
I don't know. Those f***ing chumps just pushed the Avs to OT and this was one of our goalies' best performances of the year.

To win the Cup, they boys know they need to eat ass, so they might as well get started right away, but do you need to go poking the bears in the eye first? :laugh:

Reactions: CobraAcesS

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

"Push for offense and coast on defense" is Edmonton's signature identity ever since McDavid donned the C. I'd get buried if I said it on the main boards but McDavid is a bad captain who has built a culture of laziness in that locker room. He sets the example and the rest of the team follows his lead. Just look at Bouchard coasting into the corner with MacKinnon in the final seconds and Draisaitl realizing a half second too late that Lehkonen was a threat because he was puck watching. They'll never win four rounds with that attitude.

Oh and also since this is the Kovalenko thread apparently:

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
"Push for offense and coast on defense" is Edmonton's signature identity ever since McDavid donned the C. I'd get buried if I said it on the main boards but McDavid is a bad captain who has built a culture of laziness in that locker room. He sets the example and the rest of the team follows his lead. Just look at Bouchard coasting into the corner with MacKinnon in the final seconds and Draisaitl realizing a half second too late that Lehkonen was a threat because he was puck watching. They'll never win four rounds with that attitude.

Oh and also since this is the Kovalenko thread apparently:

Why the f*** is Landy there but Mitts and Parise aren't?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad