Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 17-18 Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
While I agree this board can gets toxic because it's the nature of the forum, people want to talk about hockey which at times can lead to disagreements and venting.

With that being said, there isn't one person I detest or wish they would stop posting on the Avs board because I love having these discussions and debates. I don't have any statistics, but I have to think we're a top 5-10 in having a strong, active member base. It's always sad going to the Dallas or Arizona sub-forums and seeing a 1-2 page GDT.

f*** you were clearly #1

Love you :D

Reactions: BrickAHL

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
To be honest, this board can be horrible when you are in the minority opinion, not really one of the "major" posters, or have what turns out to be the "wrong" take on even a minor development.

Oh, and then real world stuff comes along as well.

Watching the Avs is fun again so of course that helps the enviornment, but taking a break from posting on here for a while can do the soul some good.

I agree with you, but not only that. Not all posters are from US or Cananda and for a few English language might be the second language so when they are translating from their language and typing, you can get misinterpreted. For example, if you are Russian and you start typing the words and thoughts in English on here, it could have a different interpretation or not make sense at all. Its like a double whammy, being a new poster and then by accident sounding even worse due to the language skills.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I would say most posters can tell between those having language issues and those just being a dick. ;)

Good debate is healthy... it is when it devolves past that where it gets annoying. I know I've been a part of more than a few of those debates, but I've found the ignore feature keeps me from some... now just about limiting the others. :laugh:

Reactions: Congo Jack and cgf

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I would say most posters can tell between those having language issues and those just being a dick. ;)

Good debate is healthy... it is when it devolves past that where it gets annoying. I know I've been a part of more than a few of those debates, but I've found the ignore feature keeps me from some... now just about limiting the others. :laugh:

BY deleting you account you can limit these "debates" to zero. Plus we would get rid of you so I call it a win win win.

Sidenote, miss you guys and the avs. Not sure when I last watched a full game.

Reactions: henchman21

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dang it everyone, get along. Just know that I hate you all. Bond over that or something.

But seriously...it looks like I have to clean up some posts.

Sorry for making your job harder, but there's not many folks that I can't get along with...Nazis & people who say racist-**** just so happen to make the cut :dunno:

That **** needs to be called out & publically denounced. Every. Time.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
What happened to the guy that was fighting with everybody a few months back? What was his name again?

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Hey, I literally cop a barrage and flogging from most people due to my Siemens man love, my over the top positivity, my adoration for all things rookie, my insane predictions...but guess what.

I STILL love yas all !

Can I hear an:
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie,
Oi ! Oi ! Oi !

member 116861

I see, that's why you never respond to me

Reactions: Murzu and cgf

member 116861

Sorry for making your job harder, but there's not many folks that I can't get along with...Nazis & people who say racist-**** just so happen to make the cut :dunno:

That **** needs to be called out & publically denounced. Every. Time.

Yeah, I always feel unwelcome with hockey as a coloured man so seeing that shit actually typed out pisses me off and shouldn't be let go easily.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, I always feel unwelcome with hockey as a coloured man so seeing that **** actually typed out pisses me off and shouldn't be let go easily.

I f***ing hate that. I was one of the token white kids on my teams growing up and it pisses me off to no end that this sport isn't more open & welcoming like I experienced it to be. That's a big part of why I'll never really be mad at the hawks for their success and bandwagon. There are so many more hawks fans of color now-a-days and you see so many more black faces at hawks games than you did when I was a kid and the team invited us to games because we played down the street. And that has made white hawks fans more welcoming when I was able to drag my ex to games with me...which is not a bad thing in a city as segregated as Chicago, where we need all of the cross-community connections we can find if the city ever wants to make meaningful progress on some its most deeply rooted issues.

I really hope those two get f***ing perma-banned

Reactions: BrickAHL

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Wouldn't dare be racist in Australia. 0 tolerance policy, as it should be. We are a multi-cultural nation, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Some guy said something semi-racist at the Rugby League last week against one of the games best indigenous kids, and the guy got a lifetime ban from the sport full stop.

My opinion: if your racist in anyway, you are pretty well a dope, and struggle intelligence wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00