Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Who is Gabbo?

16uxCV0.jpg

Reactions: Jayricho

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
As much as people rag on Dater, I appreciate how he has seemingly genuine contacts with the Avs and can get an answer. Although I wouldn't be surprised if something came out tomorrow and Dater got fed lies tonight.

I do hope something happens though.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
As much as people rag on Dater, I appreciate how he has seemingly genuine contacts with the Avs and can get an answer. Although I wouldn't be surprised if something came out tomorrow and Dater got fed lies tonight.

He is inarguably the best media source on the Avs right now.

But he did leave himself an out in that tweet by saying "I'm told". ;)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Right, and he often says what the Avs want you to hear.

Remember when Dater threw cold water on the Eagles thing?

His out also is "have", the rumor was forthcoming.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
It was that Stimson guy, got all of our hopes up! (AKA just mine).

I know people are worried about Girard/Makar/Barrie top 4 being too small but if Nashville is actually willing to put together girard+fiala/kamenev/tolvenen and could throw in a pick for another + with duchene (retention maybe) that is most likely the best deal they are going to get and something I would be fine with.

Sure Makar/Girard is not a good top pairing for size, but Makar has not played a game in the NHL and Girard has only played what 3? Girard in his small sample size is playing like a top 4 player, throw in fiala/kamenev/tolvenen who should be top 6 forwards, that is a decent deal for a guy who has been on the trade block for his entire career.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I know people are worried about Girard/Makar/Barrie top 4 being too small.

They really shouldn't be. Barrie isn't here long term.

Left side: Girard - Zadorov - Nemeth - Bigras
Right side: EJ - Makar - Timmins - Meloche

That's not a small defense.

but if Nashville is actually willing to put together girard+fiala/kamenev/tolvenen and could throw in a pick for another + with duchene (retention maybe) that is most likely the best deal they are going to get and something I would be fine with.

If Sakic could pull Girard + Tolvanen + pick that would be a steal.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

No idea who this is but like the previous discussions about additions to the front office, I'm glad they're out there looking and trying to add new voices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad