Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 17-18 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Then we'll simply not get him. It's ok, too.

Just so you know you're asking for a package similar in value to Makar + Jost + 1st for Duchene.

Yeah, I'd be fine with not getting him though I do like him.

I don't think that's really comparable as Makar is 4th overall from only a year ago and many people believed he could have been 1st overall. Jost is 10th overall already playing in the NHL. These are not the type of pieces we are asking from the Predators in our proposals (except maybe for Fiala in some cases).

As I've said before though, the Predators draft so well that they are in a position to put together a few excellent packages for Duchene :

Fiala, RW (known component that can step in to Avs lineup this season)
Fabbro, RD
1st Rd Pick, 2018
Rights to : D. Farrance, LD

OR

Tolvanen, RW
Girard, LD
1st Rd Pick, 2018
Rights to : G. Mismash, LW

This fits in to the '4 high-end pieces' if the package of players is completely unproven report that Bob McKenzie made in the spring. When you consider that whatever package Nashville chooses, they get to keep the pieces from the other package (except for the 1st round pick).

When you think about it, if the situation was reversed and we were after Ryan Johansen from the Predators, would we be able to acquire him for : Compher + Timmins + 2018 1st Rd (late) + JC Beaudin?

Reactions: Vaslof

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Meh.

Sounds to me a bit like he knows exactly what the situation on the Avs is and that the quickest path to the NHL for him will probably come via switching to the left side due to our organisational need at that spot...

If he really wanted to switch over for other reasons, I would guess his coaches would have helped him with that in UMAss...

But good to know that he believes he can play the left side.

Still don't see how you build a top4 longterm around Barrie and Makar but atleast potebntially gives us some options..

Congrats to your 900 bucks by the way, kento...

If we for whatever weird reason ever meet outside of this board (I give it a .002% chance) in the future, the beer is on you ;).

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
So far I am surprised Vegas, Colorado, or Montreal has not made a trade yet. Duchene, Galchenyuk, 11 D, something needs to give for all 3 teams (obviously not with each other)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Meh.

Sounds to me a bit like he knows exactly what the situation on the Avs is and that the quickest path to the NHL for him will probably come via switching to the left side due to our organisational need at that spot...

If he really wanted to switch over for other reasons, I would guess his coaches would have helped him with that in UMAss...

But good to know that he believes he can play the left side.

Still don't see how you build a top4 longterm around Barrie and Makar but atleast potebntially gives us some options..

Congrats to your 900 bucks by the way, kento...

If we for whatever weird reason ever meet outside of this board (I give it a .002% chance) in the future, the beer is on you ;).
Deal!

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I didn't say he was Karlsson, Bender was asking about 165 lbs dmen in the top 4.

The point is Girard has been extremely good for quite some time. Like "at the top of a CHL league" good. Not the best of his team. Not the best of AJHL. Best of a CHL league. That's big.

He didn't start being good last week when some people heard his name for the first time apparently. That's all I have to say about Sam Girard. He was, and still is, an exceptional defenseman and people need to stop acting like it's just my opinion.

Actually, that's the definition of an opinion. A few games in the NHL isn't enough to turn that into a fact. And even if he was more proven, "exceptional defenseman" is still an opinion.

You need to stop acting like nobody knows about him simply because others have not jumped on the hype train. Everyone here knows what he has done in the past. The question about him has always been how he translate to the NHL. And that hasn't been answered after just a few games.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's a bit uncommon that right shot defenders play on the left, but there are players that prefer the off side. Most of the time it's lefties though since there is always a shortage of defenders on the right side but some like the shooting angles playing on the wrong side creates and are comfortable with their ability to make plays on the backhand.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't think Makar saying he prefers the left side is an attempt to fit the Avs needs. He will leave college when he feels he can crack the NHL lineup, in any capacity. It's definitely unusual, but not unprecedented. I'll reserve judgement until I see him actually play there.

member 116861

I hope Avs and Sens get a deal done , not just for the assets but im slowly becoming a sens fan. Id love to see Dutchy there personally

yNlQWRM.jpg

Reactions: agentblack

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well he's already an Avs fan, clearly picking teams isn't a strong point. :sarcasm:

BTW, if you roll over the picture, you can click it and make it even bigger, which is great.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
My sens fandom is surprising , i always figured id settle in for the rags for a 2nd team since i was born here and live here these days but i just like the way the Sens play, i like their players a lot, and i like Boucher, my issues with Andy are over , i like their prospects, if they manage to pull a Dutchy deal id be psyched...on both sides.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't think Makar saying he prefers the left side is an attempt to fit the Avs needs. He will leave college when he feels he can crack the NHL lineup, in any capacity. It's definitely unusual, but not unprecedented. I'll reserve judgement until I see him actually play there.

Makar did play on the left side with the Bandits. It's common for top junior D to do it...Sergachev was also playing on his off side in the CHL. People shouldn't expect it in the NHL though.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
If this guy is legit, im guessing a duchene deal with us getting a very solid return. Meaning we didnt mess up by not dealing him sooner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad