Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 17-18 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I said this a while back, but that quote there just reminds me of it again...all summer interested GMs were probably sitting around their phones thinking, 'at some point this guy has to crack, right?', and panning over to Sakic he was happily sitting on a beach with his feet up praising himself on an off-season well done. I don't like Sakic as a GM, but I think his completely unfazed attitude to this whole mess is probably confusing some GMs, in a hilarious sort of way.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Sakic probably assumes that since he was fine signing an offersheet, taking some public heat, than coming back to play for the avs was fine, Duchene can be dangled for years and come back without an issue.

Alvis Kalinis *spelling* just tweeted he was connecting dots LA---BUF. He usually has some decent buffalo sources, based on friedmans 31 thoughts I would not be surprised to see a defender (muzzin or martinez) for Reinhart.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Sakic probably assumes that since he was fine signing an offersheet, taking some public heat, than coming back to play for the avs was fine, Duchene can be dangled for years and come back without an issue.

Alvis Kalinis *spelling* just tweeted he was connecting dots LA---BUF. He usually has some decent buffalo sources, based on friedmans 31 thoughts I would not be surprised to see a defender (muzzin or martinez) for Reinhart.

That would be a terrible haul for Muzzin.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
That's a very interesting setup. I know Arik Parnass is still there, and I assume he works exclusively for the Avs. So now Sprigings will be a guy who works for all of KSE? In any event I think it's a solid hire. I'm curious as to how analytics are used in basketball.

He does a very good job with data visualization, which I think is a big reason why he was hired. His job will probably be not just to compile the numbers, but explain them to people in the various front offices how they work.

Are you sure about Parnass? The article I posted above says that Sprinings should work with the current anonymous consultant who replaced the analyst who moved on from last season.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Zak Urback is one who has moved on. From my understanding there's been a group of them that have been around and for whatever reason can't be acknowledged publicly. I think they just put up Parnass' name just to have something up.

I said this a while back, but that quote there just reminds me of it again...all summer interested GMs were probably sitting around their phones thinking, 'at some point this guy has to crack, right?', and panning over to Sakic he was happily sitting on a beach with his feet up praising himself on an off-season well done. I don't like Sakic as a GM, but I think his completely unfazed attitude to this whole mess is probably confusing some GMs, in a hilarious sort of way.

When you have no fear of being fired it must be fun to watch the others around you

Anyone else find it funny that Sakic was at the game yesterday but Preds didn't play Girard and Duchene had a bad game?

Anyways, Friedman:

Link

Yes very. Girard didn't play...so maybe he was just watching his team. Not a lot to get the tin foil out there on, Friedman.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Are you sure about Parnass? The article I posted above says that Sprinings should work with the current anonymous consultant who replaced the analyst who moved on from last season.

I asked Dater directly on Twitter if Parnass was still there, he said yes. I'm guessing it's the other guy (can't remember his name) who has since left.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Of course it could all be a mirage, but I’m not so sure it’s a good idea to trade a forward for a defender anymore. I’d kinda like to see if Bigras and Zads can take ownership of those spots. Then with Nemeth, Makar, Timmins, and Meloche maybe, just maybe, we can solve our defensive problems on our own. I feel like we’ve got a better chance of adding a top four defender out of that group than adding a top six forward from the prospect pool.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Dreger: "My understanding is Sakic has changed his view on the type of defenseman he needs."

https://www.fanragsports.com/dreger-reviews-believed-asking-price-duchene-trade/

Dreger said this immediately after
My understanding is, from those with interest, that maybe he’s shifted a little bit. But he still wants a real good Top 3/top-pairing defenseman, and a good prospect, and a top draft pick. And my sense is he hasn’t relented from that position yet.

I'm not sure Girard fits that, Dreger doesn't specify if Sakic is interested in projections for prospects .

Either way I can't see Duchene getting trading anytime soon at that asking price.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
A top 3 D, a good prospect and a high pick

When is Sakic going to wake up and realize Duchene isn't Crosby? You want a top 3 D, that's a 1 for 1 swap.
But are we sure we wants an already established top 3 D? Or just a potential one?

Who are the top 3 dmen in the NHL that could be targets? Murray? Maatta?

Cause those guys straight up would be a mess.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
We are not sure of anything.

The article doesn't say anything about potential though. First he says, "He wanted a young left-shot D as part of a package". Then a couple sentences later he says, "he still wants a top 3/top pair defenseman".

If anything that would imply a shift away from the young/potential guy since "young left-shot D" is the part that was left off in what Sakic wants now.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Call me crazy, but if Rantanen and therefore MacKinnon continue to struggle, I wouldn't mind sending Mikko down to SA for a game or 2 just so he can remember what it feels like to score again and get that confidence rolling.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So Girard, Tolvanen, and a pick.
I went to the Predators board to see which players they were willing to trade or not.

It was quite interesting: of course they would trade Kamenev over everyone. However, when it came to Tolvanen or Fiala, the consensus was divided. Some thought because Fiala was NHL proven that should make Tolvanen more expendable, while others saying that Tolvanen's production in the KHL is unheard of and should be deemed untouchable in any sense.

I never really asked for defenders, but a lot thought that Girard would be available once Ellis gets back. I think some of them are homers for thinking they could get Duchene for Kamenev, but label me as a homer in thinking Duchene can bring back Fiala+Girard+pick.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Call me crazy, but if Rantanen and therefore MacKinnon continue to struggle, I wouldn't mind sending Mikko down to SA for a game or 2 just so he can remember what it feels like to score again and get that confidence rolling.
The AHL isn't magical fairy land where kids get run around like its a candy shop of offensive goodness and unlimited TOI. There's the vision that they go back to midget or something and just run circles around guys and the whole staff stands around amazed by their skillset.

Reactions: McMetal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad