Rumor: Avs Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents 17-18 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
If Sakic could pull Girard + Tolvanen + pick that would be a steal.

Don't think Tolvanen would be included, seems to be the most untouchable out of Fiala/Tolvanen/Kamenev. Would love Fiala along with Girard, but I'm a big Kamenev fan and think he would do well here. I'm okay with any of those three forwards being packaged with Girard.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
We'll see if he sticks for longer than Tyler Dellow in Edmonton.

One of the biggest jackasses on hockey twitter. If he's anything like that in everyday life, it's shocking he lasted as long as he did working for a team.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Do we still have the stat guy we hired last summer? If we have that guy plus this one then that suggests they're utilizing advanced stats, if they fired that guy and hired this one then that just suggests token stats guy.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So do you think either or these teams bite on these deals:
To ANA
Landeskog

To COL
Larsson
Terry
1st

To NSH
Duchene

To COL
Girard
Tolvanen Or Fiala
1st

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
A 23 year old kid who'd be looking at stats for Kroenke's teams is about #18567 on the "what the AVS need" list.

Last edited:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I don't understand what they mean when they say he's a Kroenke hire. Does that mean he'll be working for Kroenke and doing stats for Arsenal or the Nuggets or something? Or that he was hired for the Avs by Kroenke rather than by Sakic?

And I think that it's too late for that Fiala + 1st + Girard package but it's not too late to get something good out of Nsh.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So do you think either or these teams bite on these deals:
To ANA
Landeskog

To COL
Larsson
Terry
1st

To NSH
Duchene

To COL
Girard
Tolvanen Or Fiala
1st

I don't think either team goes for that. I'd do both in a heartbeat as an Avs fan.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
His name is Dawson Sprigings? Really?

Also I remember the mc79 guy on twitter, he was a complete asshat.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I don't understand what they mean when they say he's a Kroenke hire. Does that mean he'll be working for Kroenke and doing stats for Arsenal or the Nuggets or something? Or that he was hired for the Avs by Kroenke rather than by Sakic?

And I think that it's too late for that Fiala + 1st + Girard package but it's not too late to get something good out of Nsh.

My understanding is he'll be doing stats stuff for all KSE sports so Avs, Nuggets, Rapids and possibly Arsenal?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The big picture is a pretty big priority at the moment. Sounds like he's more a Kroenke hire than an Avs hire. If Kroenke starts getting a clue that could pay enormous dividends eventually.
Arsenal are not only ten times the amount of what Avs and Nuggets are. They bring ten times the revenue in as well as being ten times more relevant in Forbes top 50 franchises in the world. Arsenal are a failing organization with one of the best scouting teams and front offices in all of sports in how it's ran. A reason why is because their jobs in the FO are "too comfortable" and it's a "connection" game where the old boys club kick back in their suits and collect million pound bonuses for supposedly doing a good job (such as not winning a major trophy in a decade). I am not saying Avs won't succeed under Kroenke, considering the personnel Avs wanted to hire from Toronto (that is a good sign). However, Kroenke's value of seniority over talent is always going to be his shortcomings which will directly influence his sports clubs (as every single of them was failure last season and this - Rapids).

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That's a very interesting setup. I know Arik Parnass is still there, and I assume he works exclusively for the Avs. So now Sprigings will be a guy who works for all of KSE? In any event I think it's a solid hire. I'm curious as to how analytics are used in basketball.

So was there a reason why this particular nerd was better than the other nerds?

He does a very good job with data visualization, which I think is a big reason why he was hired. His job will probably be not just to compile the numbers, but explain them to people in the various front offices how they work.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
2. One of the early-season questions being asked is, “If Colorado keeps winning, does this mean Matt Duchene stays?” Unlikely. I still believe Duchene’s preference is to start anew, although the Avalanche’s improved start benefits everyone involved.

I do think they are doing work on non-NHL prospects of potential trade partners — especially left-handed defenders. That might be a way to break the trade stalemate, providing Colorado’s scouts like what they see. There’s so much interest in what they are doing and who they are seeing that Joe Sakic’s presence in Nashville for the Avalanche/Predators game on Tuesday turned heads. The Colorado GM didn’t think watching his team was a big deal, but other clubs were under the impression he was scheduled to be elsewhere.

I didn't know there was a league wide #SakicWatch going on. Where was he scheduled to be?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Anyone else find it funny that Sakic was at the game yesterday but Preds didn't play Girard and Duchene had a bad game?

Anyways, Friedman:

There’s so much interest in what they are doing and who they are seeing that Joe Sakic’s presence in Nashville for the Avalanche/Predators game on Tuesday turned heads. The Colorado GM didn’t think watching his team was a big deal, but other clubs were under the impression he was scheduled to be elsewhere.

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad