Prospect Info: Avs draft D Mikhail Gulyayev (2023 #31 overall)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think we know his true height and weight... he wasn't at the combine to measure and I don't think Central Scouting measured him.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Bednar had such a grin on his face as they went up to announce this pick, I feel like he was very glad they used the 31st on G'yev instead of whoever else it might have been. See him in a couple years, something to look forward to.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I was really surprised to hear Meghan say Gulyayev's foot work needs a bit of work. Everything I have read about this player says otherwise. I have also watched some videos of him and IMO his skating is top notch. He is even nicknamed the Russian Makar.
The first highlight they showed on EPSN when he was picked was a little dance at the blueline that definitely was stolen from Cale. I mean, we have a type obviously.

He’s the one. He’ll break the outside of the top 10 curse (ineptitude).

Jost replacement!

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Much more intrigued by this pick. I’d guess he fell from size and Russia factor. On top of that we have a much better track record drafting and developing this style of player than a center.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Much more intrigued by this pick. I’d guess he fell from size and Russia factor. On top of that we have a much better track record drafting and developing this style of player than a center.
Avs won't be doing any developing for a couple years. One of the Russian risks is you get very little to no say in how they develop there... and it is most no say.

Reactions: Chiarelli

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Bob's last prospects ranking on TSN had him at 5'11 but everywhere else it says 5'10.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
The way he ran down after getting drafted.... I think he will fit well with Nichu. :P

Are you saying Nuke gave him a bump of confidence before the draft!?!

He can skate, but this gif is dropping frames like crazy. Makes it look like 1.5x as fast as real time speed.

Nope, he just went end-to-end in 4.5 seconds. I'd sign all 10 skaters on the ice to be honest, impressive speed everywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad