Prospect Info: Avs draft D Mikhail Gulyayev (2023 #31 overall)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Who isn’t?
giphy.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I love this pick, I think I like him a lot more than Behrens as he thinks the game at a higher level and is more consistent overall offensively. Obviously I am throwing a bone here, but I actually believe he has all the tools and talent to be a Zidlicky. Not a similar “type of player,” but I am talking about the same impact and career. Besides Willander, he was probably the second or third most improved prospect since the start of the season and those players tend to be great bangs for bucks (Landeskog and Rantanen were others that rose a ton during their draft years coming out of nowhere).

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

You guys didn’t tell me ESPN made a Fox comp and said he’d be top 5 if he was 6’1”.

I was stuck with the brutal SN draft feed.

Bruvvvvvvvv, we were stuck with Brian “this team needs defence“ Boucher saying that the USNTDP somehow won “today” simply because his kid went to the program. It was bad, didn’t even mention how monumental Russia, Sweden, and WHL did today. 3-4 Russian players going in the 1st round after the geopolitical stuff is nuts (well to me), but this is one of the best Russian draft classes I think I have seen since maybe Kucherov’s draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad