Prospect Info: Avs draft D Mikhail Gulyayev (2023 #31 overall)

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
IMG_2654.jpeg

Reactions: Snow Arc

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My #1 concern is Russian development of defensemen. He's against the grain and he really plays a style more favorable to NA systems. I don't think the defense will ever really be there to be a top guy... but a middle pairing highly offensive tilted guy. There is upside here. But please god, get him in NA soon.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
My only question is how long he wants to stay over in Russia. He was all smiles walking up to the stage, so I imagine he's thrilled to be drafted. Any chance we could convince him to come over to the AHL at 20 to continue developing here getting used to the NA game? Or is it better to keep players at home until they are ready to make the NHL team?

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I hope it won't be hard to track his progress.. would be nice if they would get him over to develop under Cronin in Loveland I mean Anaheim

• Haha
Reactions: Reparlana

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
His skating gets most of the press, but I really like how he thinks the game and reads the play. Pucks on and off his stick in the snap of a finger. It's guys like these that allow a team to play fast.

I see upside as a 2nd pairing puckmover. Potential 40-50 point guy who can play on your powerplay. Potentially more.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
His skating gets most of the press, but I really like how he thinks the game and reads the play. Pucks on and off his stick in the snap of a finger. It's guys like these that allow a team to play fast.

I see upside as a 2nd pairing puckmover. Potential 40-50 point guy who can play on your powerplay. Potentially more.
Agree. I hope his risks and brain are not beat out of him in Russian styles of hockey. He plays a very NA friendly game and I don't want that lost.

Reactions: 95snipes

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
okay, so Sammy G is staying in the Avs until 2025 at least. nice to know...

if he makes a bigger impact than Mironov on this team, Ill already be satisfied.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad