GDT: R2G2 - Aves @ Stares - 7:30 MT - 🐝 there or 🐝 🔳

Terrible GDT - I'm sorry. will you forgive me?

• No

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • 😐

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
You say this, but Colorado was quite meh in game 1, while Dallas was worse, but guess what? Stars are kicking our arse today, while Avs looked meh in game 1, and looking like the Washington Capitals today isn't aspiring any confidence when the series comes back to Denver. And to be honest, as I wrote in one of my previous posts, Dallas isn't even playing that amazing right now, Avs look like they went to a strip club all night and partied until 5 pm CT, getting two hours of pregame nap.

Yawn.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Little worried we haven’t seen a Mack rush up ice and blowing by the D. Doesn’t seem to have that gear at the moment.
Dallas are doing a good job of clogging the center of the ice. Not a lot of room out there for stick handling.

What is missing tonight is our forecheck. That's how you beat this team. Get behind them and cycle. You don't beat them by going up the middle.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Yup. Everybody predicts a long series.

Everybody freaks out when Dallas wins a game to make a long series possible.
The play of the Avalanche is terrible. Everyone here knows how good they are when they are on their game.

That's not a freak out. It's just disappointing because there was opportunity here to really make a statement.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You say this, but Colorado was quite meh in game 1, while Dallas was worse, but guess what? Stars are kicking our arse today, while Avs looked meh in game 1, and looking like the Washington Capitals today isn't aspiring any confidence when the series comes back to Denver. And to be honest, as I wrote in one of my previous posts, Dallas isn't even playing that amazing right now, more like the Avs look like they went to a strip club all night and partied until 5 pm CT, getting two hours of pregame nap.
Again, Colorado being meh in game 1 and still controlling the game and deserving to win arguably even before overtime was played is a testament to how they played in that game, and how they have levels to still reach.

You can't give a break to one team, and one team only.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
So far, have just seen the 2nd period play. Best I can tell with the Avs, the legs aren't there and their brains are not engaged.

Every forward is late to the puck making the forecheck task impossible to properly execute.

The D is constantly allowing Star players to get behind them.

Nuke made one of the dumbest decisions I've seen him make in bringing the puck back to the blue line in the offensive zone and then giving it up. Plenty of time and space to have either backhanded it back into the corner or pass it earlier to the point.

Too many players playing like individuals.

MacK is out to lunch. I do not know why.

Manson is terrible tonight. Girard is having a hard time keeping up under the pressure. Walker is a penalty taking machine.

Georgiev is being hung out to dry. Too bad. He's moving pretty well tonight.
Comprehensive 100%. Musing about... no legs affecting no brains, or no brains affecting no legs? Or C... whatever C is?

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Yup. Everybody predicts a long series.

Everybody freaks out when Dallas wins a game to make a long series possible.
Avs just won five games in a row in the SC playoffs. It's only human to take a breather, especially when you know you split on the road. They have the switch to flip, we have seen it. Only thing is that they are getting a good Georgiev and that's tough to waste. But maybe it isn't a waste. I finally don't clench too hard when the puck crosses the blue line....

• Love
Reactions: Bender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad