Confirmed with Link: Avs claim Patrik Nemeth, D from Dallas Stars

Avs44

May 16, 2011
This is hilarious. Straight from the waiver wire to the top four...to replace the last waiver wire pick up, Barberio. Some things never change.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Mironov prefers the right side. So it's really four guys fighting for the two spots (2nd and 3rd pair).
Technically they are all bottom pairing guys that should be playing on the same side, I know we won't play them all where they should be.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
This is hilarious. Straight from the waiver wire to the top four...to replace the last waiver wire pick up, Barberio. Some things never change.

If Nemeth turned out to be a defensive minded Barberio I'm a happy camper. Pretty sure AVs wanted to have at least "One Sure Thing" on the left side along with all the ???? around. Sort of safety-net.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Shocker! The front office wanted some experience and everybody here loses their minds because their kids don't get to play now!

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
He's hardly a sure thing. He has less NHL games than Z.

giphy.gif

Avs44

May 16, 2011
If Nemeth turned out to be a defensive minded Barberio I'm a happy camper. Pretty sure AVs wanted to have at least "One Sure Thing" on the left side along with all the ???? around. Sort of safety-net.

He got cut from a mediocre Dallas defence that's going to carry 8 D into the season. He's 25 years old, with 108 NHL games. I don't mind Nemeth as a #6 / 7 / depth. The fact that the organization is still at the point that he's going to the top four is hilariously sad. Years....years to fix a glaring LHD problem, and our starting top four LHD are Lindholm and Nemeth.

Lol.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
What in the hell did Barbario do to Avs coaching/management? Whatever about Lindholm/Bigras/Miro and all those guys. Did him cutting his hair upset them as much as it upset me? Why is he being neglected right now?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
What in the hell did Barbario do to Avs coaching/management? Whatever about Lindholm/Bigras/Miro and all those guys. Did him cutting his hair upset them as much as it upset me? Why is he being neglected right now?
The Avs don't owe Barberio anything. It's not like he was a top flight D last year. All he did was look better than the trash he was replacing.

I can see why they did this, to try to get more experience to rotate in on the D corps, but I'm with all the people who just wanted to see the kids play for once. Hopefully, somebody will force Nemeth down at some point back on to waivers.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
This is just one more "Zero Risk" move by our management. If he's actually an upgrade (which i doubt) he will get some games, if not he will be back on waivers in no time. But yeah, putting him on the Top 4 right away shows how little our FO/HC thinks about our D-Prospects.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The Avs don't owe Barberio anything. It's not like he was a top flight D last year. All he did was look better than the trash he was replacing.

I can see why they did this, to try to get more experience to rotate in on the D corps, but I'm with all the people who just wanted to see the kids play for once. Hopefully, somebody will force Nemeth down at some point back on to waivers.
But Barbario is decent and Nemeth is bad. And Barbario is an Av who went to training camp and was part of the team. Nemeth got cut from another team.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
But Barbario is decent and Nemeth is bad. And Barbario is an Av who went to training camp and was part of the team. Nemeth got cut from another team.
But barberio is an Av and went to training camp because the Avs have arguably, one of the worst LHD depth in the league.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I honestly don't mind bringing in Nemeth, I think he can better than Barbeiro and provides more than Lindholm. I just would prefer to see Bigras play some games. There's nothing wrong with Bigras/Nemeth/Zadorov rotating and Lindholm filling in for injuries or rotating with Mironov. Barbeiro as the 7th/8th.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Zadorov starting in the 3rd pair and Nemeth in the 2nd does not mean they prefer Nemeth to Zadorov. Chill out guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad