Confirmed with Link: Avs claim Patrik Nemeth, D from Dallas Stars

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Before everyone goes in about how wonderful getting TOI in SA is keep in mind the SA blueline of players who must get TOI currently consists of at minimum, two top end Blues prospects, Meloche, Siemens and Warsofsky (assuming they go down).

The top STL blueliners are in the NHL & Chicago.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
At first glance, I would have to say this :

Bigras - 22 yrs old - 31 career NHL games experience
Lindholm - 22 yrs old - 12 career NHL games experience
Mironov - 23 yrs old - 0 career NHL games experience

That's a lot of 'green'...

With Nemeth having over 100 NHL games played and being a big (6'3") 25 year old, stay-at-home D-Man...I think this is a way for them to acquire some depth. I think they'll rotate him in gradually and quite possibly the worst of the 3 younger guys above could be sent down eventually.

I'm the first to admit the blueline is a little young...more than I think makes any actual sense. But, if the team was going to do this they should have just signed a guy like Franson to a PTO and inked him before the season.

That is, unless something else bigger is actually coming. But, I'll believe that when I see it.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Before everyone goes in about how wonderful getting TOI in SA is keep in mind the SA blueline of players who must get TOI currently consists of at minimum, two top end Blues prospects, Meloche, Siemens and Warsofsky (assuming they go down).

Unfortunately, they don't have to really worry about getting Siemens playing time anymore. They shouldn't worry about Warsofsky either IMO. If Mironov goes down, he should jump over both of them in the depth chart.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Could we see a Barb for 5th round pick trade? He is a serviceable bottom pairing guy but doens't seem to be in Avs plans at the moment.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Could we see a Barb for 5th round pick trade? He is a serviceable bottom pairing guy but doens't seem to be in Avs plans at the moment.
I'd really be shocked if they traded one of the more experienced Defensemen, if anything I was thinking it would be a change of scenery trade with Siemens, before they sent him down. Now my best guess if something actually happened is a guy like Bigras being a part of a bigger deal, otherwise a forward has to go somewhere.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Was there no waivers today? Was yesterday the deadline? People were posting yesterday that we should wait and see who was placed on waivers.

GeniusSuperior

Sep 30, 2010
Unfortunately, they don't have to really worry about getting Siemens playing time anymore. They shouldn't worry about Warsofsky either IMO. If Mironov goes down, he should jump over both of them in the depth chart.
Yes the AHL is a developmental league, but it is still at the professional level. They still want to win and will play their best players the most minutes.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm okay with this. It was clear they were very uncomfortable with the notion of entering the season with three rookie defensemen and I really think Lindholm on the top pairing will be a disaster, but that's MHO.

Problem is now, who goes down? Does Mironov lose his spot? Bigras? Lindholm? Does Barberio get dealt?

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I'm okay with this. It was clear they were very uncomfortable with the notion of entering the season with three rookie defensemen and I really think Lindholm on the top pairing will be a disaster, but that's MHO.

Problem is now, who goes down? Does Mironov lose his spot? Bigras? Lindholm? Does Barberio get dealt?

We can add Barberio to the Montreal trade proposal for Mete. Canadiens fans seem very keen to talk about moving him. :cool:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The coach tries to win down there

Yes the AHL is a developmental league, but it is still at the professional level. They still want to win and will play their best players the most minutes.

There's always a balance between trying to win and developing in the AHL. Neither the coach or the big club gets their way 100% of the time.

I was more contesting the idea that Siemens and Warsofsky "must get TOI."

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
As per Sadowski... Bednar says Nemeth will indeed start with Barrie.
I knew that would happen but it's still a piss off. I'll be really pissed if Bigras doesn't play opening night.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Weird pick up.

Looks like he goes from the waiver wire straight to the top four with the Avs. Hilarious.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
As per Sadowski... Bednar says Nemeth will indeed start with Barrie.
I knew that would happen but it's still a piss off. I'll be really pissed if Bigras doesn't play opening night.

So dumb. Bigras didn't do enough to get on opening night roster? Give me a break. You pay dues. You do everything the organization tells you to do. You play in the AHL . Show up to camp and look ok and then you get bumped from the top 4 for some dude who was just on waivers.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
So dumb. Bigras didn't do enough to get on opening night roster? Give me a break. You pay dues. You do everything the organization tells you to do. You play in the AHL . Show up to camp and look ok and then you get bumped from the top 4 for some dude who was just on waivers.
I think Bigras still plays on the bottom pair since they had him with Zadorov. I think Barbario is the odd man out since he missed quite a bit of camp. There will probably just be a healthy rotation until someone flat out takes the job.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I think Bigras still plays on the bottom pair since they had him with Zadorov. I think Barbario is the odd man out since he missed quite a bit of camp. There will probably just be a healthy rotation until someone flat out takes the job.

Yea, I'm guessing the lineup will look like:

Lindholm-EJ
Nemeth-Barrie
Zadorov-Bigras
Barberio-Mironov

Until someone either plays so bad they lose their spot, or plays well enough to solidify their spot in the lineup. I'm expecting Zads to get moved to the 1st pairing in due time, with Lindholm forming a solid pairing with either Bigras or Mironov (whoever ends up winning that spot). Wouldn't be surprised at all if Nemeth manages to look competent alongside Barie.

Reactions: S3rkie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad