Confirmed with Link: Avs claim Patrik Nemeth, D from Dallas Stars

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
How much does the fact that he is 6'3 and 220 lbs influence the decision to claim him?

Lindholm, Barberio, and Bigras, is a tiny left side. Bednar kept talking about Siemens bringing a different element, perhaps they wanted more size in the mix.

I think the Avs are/were/have always been looking for a certain type of d-man to play with Barrie. Holden, then they try-out Cowen and now pick-up Nemeth. Seems like their search has always been a big-bodied, left-handed defensive d-man as if they are trying to reproduce the Methot-Karlsson pairing in Ottawa or something?

He in his final year of his contract...I remember Stars fans raving about this guy not that long ago. It's a decent gamble to take, imo.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
So Dallas , who has a worse defense than ours , waves a guy and we pick him up ...hmm lmao

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Dallas team and culture is very solid. Nemeth will get harrassed here, because this board always seems to expect a lot of points, but if he can stomp out a few rushes, I'm happy. Nemeth WILL be the guy they hoped Cowen was hoped to be.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Dallas team and culture is very solid. Nemeth will get harrassed here, because this board always seems to expect a lot of points, but if he can stomp out a few rushes, I'm happy. Nemeth WILL be the guy they hoped Cowen was hoped to be.

the dude hasn't scored a single goal in 108 NHL games, why would anyone expect a lot of points

member 116861

We are the Zadorov fan club, in what world do we expect points?

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Just set expectation accordingly. He won't be scoring goals. He'll be stopping rushes. Hopefully lay the smackdown on some opposition forwards.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Not with sour patch kid Duchene still here. Matt Duchene like that guy you want to leave the party because he killing the vibe.
SO far from the truth imo. I bet he's revving them all up. Noticed him coaching Kerfoot at practice as well.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Just set expectation accordingly. He won't be scoring goals. He'll be stopping rushes. Hopefully lay the smackdown on some opposition forwards.
If he sucks, he'll be criticized...if he's even just decent, he'll be praised.

After all, the bar is pretty low and it's easy to look even half-way decent after a full year of #32, Weircioch, Tyutin, Goloubeg and Gelinas.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
"He's a guy that hopefully can play with a guy like Tyson Barrie, help solidify their defensive game, maybe give Tyson a little more freedom to get up and help us offensively," Bednar said. "Big, solid defender. Hopefully he can help stabilize our D-corps. Penalty kill guy, first pass guy, big body guy that has a good defending mentality. He should help us back there with a little experience.
-Bednar

Bednar confirming what we all thought, Nemeth is a guy.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So Dallas , who has a worse defense than ours , waves a guy and we pick him up ...hmm lmao

Actually, Dallas has a better defense. Klingberg, Methot, and Hamhuis is better than Barrie, Zadorov, and EJ. Maybe not "streets" better but better IMO. That doesn't mean that you don't have a point though. I'd feel better if the Avs were taking a guy off, say, Anaheim's hands.

I hear Nemeth has some pretty awful underlying numbers. But...IIRC so does Lindholm. So, I suppose if he doesn't work out then Lindholm will get the call and Nemeth will be waived again.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Actually, Dallas has a better defense. Klingberg, Methot, and Hamhuis is better than Barrie, Zadorov, and EJ. Maybe not "streets" better but better IMO. That doesn't mean that you don't have a point though. I'd feel better if the Avs were taking a guy off, say, Anaheim's hands.

I hear Nemeth has some pretty awful underlying numbers. But...IIRC so does Lindholm. So, I suppose if he doesn't work out then Lindholm will get the call and Nemeth will be waived again.

Oh god its happening. damn it Sea Eagles!

Reactions: cgf

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I tried to do some ''youtube scouting'' on the guy and the only things I found where: puck in visor, slashed wrist and Calder Cup OT winning goal. :-(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad