Confirmed with Link: Avs claim Patrik Nemeth, D from Dallas Stars

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Majority of us have already seen the tweet, but want to make a thread to discussion how this move impacts the defenders. I believe with waivers, we cannot send down Nemeth for thirty days or so.

Depth
Mark Barberio
Tyson Barrie
Chris Bigras
Erik Johnson
Anton Lindholm
Andrei Mironov
Nikita Zadorov

+ Patrik Nemeth

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Not sure I'm a fan of this. Unless the team really doesn't feel like a guy like Mironov can play right now, then why not just roll with the guys you have?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Not sure I'm a fan of this. Unless the team really doesn't feel like a guy like Mironov can play right now, then why not just roll with the guys you have?

Sort of where I'm at. They need more D call-up depth, but I want Bigras and Mironov to get fair shots in the NHL first. Nemeth creates a bit more NHL competition, but I'd rather not have him block someone like Bigras. Also puts them at 24 players on the roster with Colborne healthy (and assuming Siemens and Warsofsky go down).

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs really don't have any faith in their young d-men like Bigras, Siemens etc.. They just can't establish in the NHL.

KingSizeKirby

PLAYOFFS!?
May 26, 2011
Ontario
I know nothing of Nemeth, but why take up a spot for the kids with this guy. We don’t need more bottom pairing waiver defensemen.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So Barrie is getting traded? :sarcasm:

Really does not make much sense unless Mironov is willing to go to AHL or already has booked his trip back to Russia...

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think something bigger might be up as well... No insider information but something else has to be coming. We're at 24 players now with Nemeth and that's assuming Siemens and Warsofsky go down.

Somebody else is heading out today. Soderberg or Duchene is my guess and if it's Duchene we might be sending a Dman out with him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He was never quite the same after his wrist got sliced, but he is an underrated player IMO. Getting a bit too much hate. He is a better version of Siemens at his worst... or Siemens with some puck skill.

Reactions: S E P H

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Before everyone goes in about how wonderful getting TOI in SA is keep in mind the SA blueline of players who must get TOI currently consists of at minimum, two top end Blues prospects, Meloche, Siemens and Warsofsky (assuming they go down).

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

At first glance, I would have to say this :

Bigras - 22 yrs old - 31 career NHL games experience
Lindholm - 22 yrs old - 12 career NHL games experience
Mironov - 23 yrs old - 0 career NHL games experience

That's a lot of 'green'...

With Nemeth having over 100 NHL games played and being a big (6'3") 25 year old, stay-at-home D-Man...I think this is a way for them to acquire some depth. I think they'll rotate him in gradually and quite possibly the worst of the 3 younger guys above could be sent down eventually.

Reactions: Vaslof

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
He was never quite the same after his wrist got sliced, but he is an underrated player IMO. Getting a bit too much hate. He is a better version of Siemens at his worst... or Siemens with some puck skill.

Can he play the both sides?

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
It's always been Joe's plan for help on defence, the waiver wire is a great place for Joe to do his shopping, he's even said so himself, so for that I'm not surprised

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->